Police - a thin blue line, a wad of cash and scary guns

ants

I am fucking flabbergasted. Do they honestly fucking think that things would have gotten fucking better if they had tried to hold the fucking precinct? 

What could you have done? Start fucking shooting people?

4 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I see that the Minnesota Governor has apologized for the Mr. Jimenez's arrest.  What I'd love to see is the Minnesota State Police attempt to explain why Mr. Jimenez was arrested in the first place when the other white correspondent was left unmolested.

They did. It was, of course, a fucking lie.

I’ve seen reports that the officers claimed the CNN crew was asked to move and they refused. What kind of fucking idiot thinks a blatant lie in front of a camera where Jimenez is OBVIOUSLY taping (talking to the camera) is a good idea? Jimenez was clearly trying to comply with them and received no answer when he asked where they should go.

8 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

I’ve seen reports that the officers claimed the CNN crew was asked to move and they refused. What kind of fucking idiot thinks a blatant lie in front of a camera where Jimenez is OBVIOUSLY taping (talking to the camera) is a good idea? Jimenez was clearly trying to comply with them and received no answer when he asked where they should go.

The same kind of fucking idiots that suffocate an unarmed man with cameras rolling and onlookers begging them to stop.

ETA: "Idiots" is not really the term. "Vicious, cruel authoritarians who are used to getting away with literal murder" is more apt.

52 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Jesus fucking Christ, these goddamn Minnesota LEOs are fucking bound and fucking determined to make things fucking worse. This press conference is just going to throw gas on the fire.

I thought Walz spoke well, with sincerity and passion, especially when he talked about understanding why people wouldn't trust what he was saying, recognizing the outrage, acknowledging years of injustice. Recognizing unheard pain and anguish.

eta: it was a speech Trump should have made. Never in a zillion years, of course.

2 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I thought Walz spoke well, with sincerity and passion, especially when he talked about understanding why people wouldn't trust what he was saying, recognizing the outrage, acknowledging years of injustice. Recognizing unheard pain and anguish.

eta: it was a speech Trump should have made. Never in a zillion years, of course.

Yeah, I think Walz did okay, but I was referring to the two LEOs who spoke. They were pretty much all stick, no carrot.

12 hours ago, TrueMetis said:

TBH I gotta wonder how many of those fires may have been started by the police's indiscriminate uses of "less than lethal" weapons, tear gas containers get fucking hot.

Also there's accusations going around that a guy who smashed the windows of the autozone was a cop in plain clothes.

I was told just now by a (white) friend, who grew up in that area, whose (white) family members still live there, and who were there in solidarity with neighbors,  who told him that the Auto Zone was broken into by a white guy, while the protesters yelled, "Don't do it!' and that he looked remarkably like a cop.  Also the cops are deliberately firing the small local businesses that have signs, "Minority Owned."

Jesus Christ, these activists are compelling.

I have the chills and tears in my eyes. How can anyone not be moved by that?

29 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

The guy you want to arrest can't comply with your orders, giving you an excuse to arrest him, if you don't actually tell him what the order is *guy tapping his head gif*

9 minutes ago, Zorral said:

I was told just now by a (white) friend, who grew up in that area, whose (white) family members still live there, and who were there in solidarity with neighbors,  who told him that the Auto Zone was broken into by a white guy, while the protesters yelled, "Don't do it!' and that he looked remarkably like a cop.  Also the cops are deliberately firing the small local businesses that have signs, "Minority Owned."

Yeah this is the video of the guy breaking the windows, don't have the one where people followed him and get a closer look handy at the moment but everything about him including his new protection equipment is screaming "undercover cop/agent provocateur".

Some people are claiming he's been identified and is indeed a cop, the cops are denying this but I'm not exactly feeling a lot of trust in their words at the moment

3 minutes ago, karaddin said:

The guy you want to arrest can't comply with your orders, giving you an excuse to arrest him, if you don't actually tell him what the order is *guy tapping his head gif*

Yeah this is the video of the guy breaking the windows, don't have the one where people followed him and get a closer look handy at the moment but everything about him including his new protection equipment is screaming "undercover cop/agent provocateur".

Some people are claiming he's been identified and is indeed a cop, the cops are denying this but I'm not exactly feeling a lot of trust in their words at the moment

Of course on the flip side, it kind of doesn't matter if he is. Those who condemn the destruction were always looking for an excuse to ignore this justified outrage, and the rest of us don't care that much about the destruction. Like the burning of the police station while people shoot of fire works is potentially one of those historical moments that becomes a symbol that's talked about hundreds of years later.

Just now, Fragile Bird said:

It appears they have arrested Chauvin, the police officer kneeling on Floyd's neck.

Yes, just coming to post that.  That should definitely help, although who knows whether things have already spun out of control.  We'll also have to see what he's charged with.

Just now, Fragile Bird said:

It appears they have arrested Chauvin, the police officer kneeling on Floyd's neck.

Yeah, thats the easy one. Standing by and doing nothing while It happens are the more difficult ones to prosecute.  

Archived