Police - a thin blue line, a wad of cash and scary guns

ants

1 hour ago, The Great Unwashed said:

I don't see how this doesn't fire back up even worse tonight. What is the mood like there, Minneapolis residents?

I was just watching a Walgreens get looted during the day on a walk. But, it’s surprisingly orderly, people mostly are not getting hurt, residences are being left alone. I have not felt I was in danger at all except from getting teargassed or shot by the cops.

It's so Minnesota to hear (and not just you, from friends elsewhere) that the looting seems to be peaceful, and no one is really bothering anyone else. 

Is it worth biking down the Greenway to see what's going on? It doesn't take long to get to the area. 

11 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's so Minnesota to hear (and not just you, from friends elsewhere) that the looting seems to be peaceful, and no one is really bothering anyone else. 

Is it worth biking down the Greenway to see what's going on? It doesn't take long to get to the area. 

I mean, you could see a whole lot of plywood and the Walgreens on Hennepin getting looted casually in the middle of the afternoon with water pouring out of it from

somewhere

55 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

I mean, you could see a whole lot of plywood and the Walgreens on Hennepin getting looted casually in the middle of the afternoon with water pouring out of it from

somewhere

Not sure if I should laugh or cry at this. 

Had to not just be our city, but the neighbored we love.....

8 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

I mean, the locals don’t seem particularly bothered

Isn't the whole point of Uptown to go to a place where you're not going to be bothered? Or at least the spirit of it? 

5 hours ago, Fury Resurrected said:

I was just watching a Walgreens get looted during the day on a walk. But, it’s surprisingly orderly, people mostly are not getting hurt, residences are being left alone. I have not felt I was in danger at all except from getting teargassed or shot by the cops.

I'm not sure how widespread it is, but some of the looting winding up being redistributed like this just makes me support it even more. Take that insulin and other price gouged medicines and give it to the people in the community that can't afford it.

And being a white woman apparently doesn't shield the press in Louisville, they just straight up openly fire at a press crew with rubber bullets. Who knew that years of the president telling people that the press are the enemy of the people might have an impact

BFC-- 

not sure what the underlying offense would be.  perhaps conspiracy to violate his civil rights.  doubtful the situation warranted a seizure.

OGE--

agreed as to the specific intent.  however, one common rule is that once the consensus is formed, all acts by any member are chargeable to all members of the conspiracy, even if escalated beyond the original agreement.  would need to read local cases up there, though.

19 minutes ago, sologdin said:

BFC-- 

not sure what the underlying offense would be.  perhaps conspiracy to violate his civil rights.  doubtful the situation warranted a seizure.

OGE--

agreed as to the specific intent.  however, one common rule is that once the consensus is formed, all acts by any member are chargeable to all members of the conspiracy, even if escalated beyond the original agreement.  would need to read local cases up there, though.

I agree that once a conspiracy is formed, any act in furtherance thereof completes the crime of conspiracy. 

Fortunately, as stated by @Fragile Bird the other officers will likely be on the hook because of that statue they have in Minnesota. If for whatever reason, they can't be charged because there is no affirmative duty imposed by law, then people need to really raise hell about that and get the law changed, so there is an affirmative duty for officers to restrain other officers from acting inappropriately.

1 hour ago, karaddin said:

I'm not sure how widespread it is, but some of the looting winding up being redistributed like this just makes me support it even more. Take that insulin and other price gouged medicines and give it to the people in the community that can't afford it.

That’s what I saw a couple nights ago when I went down the the 3rd precinct. People expropriating Target goods asked me if I was okay and told me where all the milk was in case I got gassed.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Isn't the whole point of Uptown to go to a place where you're not going to be bothered? Or at least the spirit of it? 

Not at all. Living in Uptown is something you do because you are nostalgic for your teenage punk 90s years, when Uptown was an arty neighborhood full of gritty punks who moved there because of Prince and the Replacements. The Stinson house from that Replacements album cover is right behind mine. And I am bothered here endlessly by white suburban tourists getting drunk at the bars on my block and stumbling to their car loudly or drunk driving and knocking everyone’s side mirrors off on the street while I am trying to sleep or watch tv. Uptown is where you live if you are white and want to eat ethnic food and make fun of other white people. It is where I live because I need to be close to the freeway and stores that are open late and I’m scared of the suburbs

9 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

Oh, and I’m fairly close to the 5th precinct where all the fun is tonight. I hear lots of chanting and helicopters. Also- nobody cares about the curfew at all.

You can hear and see them from Park. The smoke over the city is wild. 

I'm sorry that's how you view the place though, because that hasn't been my experience at all. And there's no need to break it down by ethnicity. The entire point of Uptown is embracing one another. 

Archived