Police - a thin blue line, a wad of cash and scary guns

ants

It wasn't a drive by, that early detail was wrong.

He was apparently killed by 3 guys that drove 4.5 hours from Louisiana to buy 12 pounds of weed. And him being a drug dealer somehow went unknown through the trial even though it would normally have been seized upon to discredit a major witness against a cop.

I thought it was possible this was a cop reprisal beforehand, this supposed explanation just makes me almost certain it was. I guess a reprisal killing doesn't work as a deterrent if the story isn't so transparent that everyone can see through it.

2 hours ago, karaddin said:

It wasn't a drive by, that early detail was wrong.

He was apparently killed by 3 guys that drove 4.5 hours from Louisiana to buy 12 pounds of weed. And him being a drug dealer somehow went unknown through the trial even though it would normally have been seized upon to discredit a major witness against a cop.

I thought it was possible this was a cop reprisal beforehand, this supposed explanation just makes me almost certain it was. I guess a reprisal killing doesn't work as a deterrent if the story isn't so transparent that everyone can see through it.

Yeah this is very coincidental to say the least. What would be the motive to shoot him after the trial though? If they wanted to stop him from testifying it would've been done before the trial. His testimony wasn't particularly crucial from what I read. He just said he heard two people sound surprised, presumably upon meeting each other, & heard the cop call crying, telling the person on the phone what she had done while pacing up & down the hallway iirc. Was there something more?

It's preposterous to me that this man was not only a drug dealer unbeknownst to the police but a drug dealer big enough to warrant a drive from Louisiana in possession of 12 pounds of weed. I don't know what is really going on here but something definitely doesn't add up. 

I would imagine the furthest anyone needs to drive to buy weed is about 4.5 minutes? 

That being said if we believe the police are as incompetent as they clearly are, its not a leap to think they haven't got a clue who all their local dealers are.

34 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I would imagine the furthest anyone needs to drive to buy weed is about 4.5 minutes? 

That being said if we believe the police are as incompetent as they clearly are, its not a leap to think they haven't got a clue who all their local dealers are.

I, personally, don't think they are incompetent so much as arrogant & power hungry. 

That being said I'm sure they don't know every local dealer but this man was presumably under police scrutiny already. To hear he was pushing that much weed is almost unbelievable. I mean weirder things have happened I suppose but not often. 

57 minutes ago, karaddin said:

I find the idea he would have put his hand up to testify against a cop rather dubious if he were a drug dealer. He wouldn't have been doing anything to draw attention.

Elaborate double bluff? But that was my first thought as well. 

For a little bit of a breather...

I think it's pretty great but also agree it's an example of white privilege.

ETA:
Shit, just now saw this was posted in 2014. Stupid YouTube keeps giving me recommendations that are hours or only a day or two old and in the same bunch puts 1 video that was posted 5 years ago. :tantrum:

Oh well, still interesting.

This latest case from Texas with a cop killing a black woman in her house after her neighbour called hours earlier worried about her has me really struggling to see how it can possibly be anything other than "cop was looking for murder he can get away with".

6 hours ago, karaddin said:

This latest case from Texas with a cop killing a black woman in her house after her neighbour called hours earlier worried about her has me really struggling to see how it can possibly be anything other than "cop was looking for murder he can get away with".

Assuming this Buzzfeed report is accurate this one is really bad:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/fort-worth-police-killed-black-woman-inside-her-home?utm_source=dynamic&utm_campaign=bffbbuzzfeed&ref=bffbbuzzfeed

On 10/9/2019 at 5:36 PM, drawkcabi said:

For a little bit of a breather...

I think it's pretty great but also agree it's an example of white privilege.

ETA:
Shit, just now saw this was posted in 2014. Stupid YouTube keeps giving me recommendations that are hours or only a day or two old and in the same bunch puts 1 video that was posted 5 years ago. :tantrum:

Oh well, still interesting.

It is interesting, and I'm surprised it's not older. White or not, you'd probably end up arrested for this today.

10 hours ago, karaddin said:

Adding to the list of things that black people cannot do in America.

6 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

That is just not believable. I've literally never even had to pull out my CS or Baton. Why does every scenario seem to involve pulling your gun out? 

That's why it's hard for me to see any options other than looking to kill, there's just no reason you could possibly feel you need to do this when supposedly helping someone.

On 10/13/2019 at 4:42 PM, karaddin said:

That's why it's hard for me to see any options other than looking to kill, there's just no reason you could possibly feel you need to do this when supposedly helping someone.

Part of the problem is the low standards. If all you have to do is say you felt threatened, why not shoot first and ask questions later? Furthermore, if you know you'll get the benefit of the doubt, why not shoot to kill rather than put a slug in someone's leg, allowing them to give their side of the story. Shoot quickly and to kill is a terrible standard for the agents of the state that are sworn to protect us...

In a healthy member of society one of the reasons not to is "because killing a person is really psychologically damaging to you and you really don't want to do it" but these guys clearly don't seem to fall into that grouping.

And yeah, the way the system incentivizes fatal shootings by removing opposing testimony and not seeming to view them as anything more of a deal than non fatal when deemed an ok shooting. 

20 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I read an article earlier that said that cop resigned. I guess that's good but how much you want to bet he doesn't face any criminal charges. 

He's been arrested for murder. As is right. But still kinda surprising. According to this article he quit before he could be fired and was not cooperative with the investigation into his stupidity and criminal negligence.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2019/10/14/fort-worth-officer-who-fatally-shot-atatiana-jefferson-has-resigned-chief-says/?utm_content=bufferdddf8&amp;utm_medium=social&amp;utm_source=twitter.com&amp;utm_campaign=buffer/

Just now, DanteGabriel said:

He's been arrested for murder. As is right. But still kinda surprising. According to this article he quit before he could be fired and was not cooperative with the investigation into his stupidity and criminal negligence.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2019/10/14/fort-worth-officer-who-fatally-shot-atatiana-jefferson-has-resigned-chief-says/?utm_content=bufferdddf8&amp;utm_medium=social&amp;utm_source=twitter.com&amp;utm_campaign=buffer/

Wow! I'm pleasantly surprised. Thanks for the info. 

Archived