Police - a thin blue line, a wad of cash and scary guns

ants

49 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

You can hear and see them from Park. The smoke over the city is wild. 

I'm sorry that's how you view the place though, because that hasn't been my experience at all. And there's no need to break it down by ethnicity. The entire point of Uptown is embracing one another. 

I think you’ve been away from this hood too long. It is not remotely the neighborhood it was ten years ago. It’s largely a target corporate employee hive now. TONS of cute little homes and businesses have been lost to “luxury micro apartments” and luxury apartments on the greenway where you can pay $3k a month for a 1br in a building with a concierge and a saltwater pool (and I mean that literally- this exactly what my brother does). And it IS very segregated in actual Uptown. I have lived here for about 7 years, was gone for the 5 before, and was here since 2001 before that. As a person of color living in Uptown I can tell you for sure it is very white and whiter all the time. And it’s the highest property taxes in the city, which raises rents higher and higher except for a few gems like my rental. It’s extremely gentrified. I know you’ve got great memories of Uptown and I do too. But 99.99999% of fellow natives I’ve ever seen in this neighborhood were homeless people busking. The welcoming experience you’ve had here isn’t the experience I’ve had and I have lived here for more than half my life. And a big part of that Is. Because. I’m. Not. White.

Archived