THE WHEEL OF TIME TV Show: The braid tugs, as the writing wills [BOOK SPOILERS]

Corvinus85

1 hour ago, SansaJonRule said:

That would work. But I love Verin. But that would only be one episode (I hope), and Moiraine is at Vandene and Adeleas' searching through books. They could flash to her there and use that to explain some of the history and prophecy perhaps? What is Moiraine doing during most of TGH besides that? She is with them Shienar at the beginning of the book, and shows up at Falme at the end. Is she supposed to be with Vandene and Adeleas for the rest of the book? Geez, I just read it a couple weeks ago, but so much has happened since!

I don't mind giving Moiraine a bigger role in TGH, but I hope they don't cut Verin completely given that she has one of the best scenes in the entire series in The Gathering Storm.

No need to use spoiler tags anymore for book stuff.

Going back to the episode title listing, if the Moiraine casting hadn't been announced, I could have believed they were trolling us, and were going to start with New Spring.

6 hours ago, Corvinus said:

No need to use spoiler tags anymore for book stuff.

Surely that depends at what point we start getting people interested in the show who haven't read the books - and moving to spoiler tags before that time to allow them some leeway.

I wouldn't object them starting in Legend of the Seeker fashion, where we have started with Kahlan and her sister riding towards Westland. Having Moiraine and Lan being on a search can be rather a great intro and it can actually raise stakes from the very beginning.

27 minutes ago, Risto said:

I wouldn't object them starting in Legend of the Seeker fashion, where we have started with Kahlan and her sister riding towards Westland. Having Moiraine and Lan being on a search can be rather a great intro and it can actually raise stakes from the very beginning.

I object to anything that relates to that shows existence. 

Just now, Darth Richard II said:

I object to anything that relates to that shows existence. 

Just now, The Anti-Targ said:

Dammit, you beat me to the punch!

As Taylor Swift said "Haters gonna hate, hate, hate..." :D

I liked it and thought it was the bestest TV show of all time.  :D

The show will shoot from September 2019 to May 2020. Prague in the Czech Republic is the production base and there will be location filming in Croatia and Slovenia. We know they were doing location scouting in Denmark, but that's not a confirmed location yet.

18 minutes ago, Werthead said:

The show will shoot from September 2019 to May 2020. Prague in the Czech Republic is the production base and there will be location filming in Croatia and Slovenia. We know they were doing location scouting in Denmark, but that's not a confirmed location yet.

They plan to start shooting in 3 months?

So like @SansaJonRule said, the casting announcements should start pouring in relatively soon.

1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

So what are the chances we're going to see King's Landing in WoT? :P

The real question is what city it's going to represent. Has to be a coastal city in the south. So the show won't go there in season one.

21 minutes ago, Loge said:

The real question is what city it's going to represent. Has to be a coastal city in the south. So the show won't go there in season one.

They could just use inner streets, without any panoramic city views, thus it can be used for Caemlyn or Cairhien.

Or if season 1 does go all the way to book 3, Tear is nearly a coastal city. Also Tar Valon being on an islan could work.

But ultimately, I was just joking, and don't think they'll use Dubrovnik precisely because of its current popularity.

3 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

I hope they eventually pick up some Asian locations to shoot.  China for the Borderlands for instance, though the Borderlands isn't just simply Asian.  Kandori are kind of Nordic, right?

I've usually imagined them as a combination of Russian and Central Asian.

The Shienarans have an Asian feel, but Fal Dara's description makes me thing of European castles with some baroque architecture, rather than Japanese or Chinese castles/towns.

Illian is based rather obviously on Venice, but is much, much bigger. Dubrovnik and Split would be a good fit for Tear, maybe, but with a CG Stone added. I get an Amsterdam vibe (design-wise, not climate) from Ebou Dar.

2 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Aren't the Sean Chan Asian featured?

I thought they were African-inspired. Tuon is supposed to be dark skinned. I always imagined Lupita N'yongo as Tuon.

5 minutes ago, Risto said:

I thought they were African-inspired. Tuon is supposed to be dark skinned. I always imagined Lupita N'yongo as Tuon.

Dark skinned is actually most of the world, and of course a lot of Asia. I just thought the descriptions of armour sounded kind of Asian to me in the books. I could never really develop an auditory imagining of the way they speak though. So not sure what kind of accent he was describing.

Archived