Fire & Blood - New Fantasy Football league 2019

Dunknegg

NINE more players needed!!!

I'm going to start a new league called "Fire & Blood" this fall.

It will have 14 teams, 2 divisions, with some unique aspects that will make it a little more challenging than a standard league.

Starters:  1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 SuperFlex(QB/RB/WR/TE), 1 Flex(WR/TE) and 7 Bench.

SEE POST #15 BELOW (in this thread) for more details.

The auction draft will be set for Wednesday, September 4th at 9:30pm EST(8:30pm CST).

If you are interested in joining or learning more, PM me your email address and which team you want and I'll send you more details and an invite.

Here's a list of available teams (and their corresponding rivals):

House Martell                                        vs House Yronwood

House Arryn                                           vs House Sunderland{rocksniffer]

House Webber{Dunknegg}                 vs House Osgrey

House Lannister                                     vs House Reyne {Lord Dracarys}

House Tyrell                                            vs House Peake

House Blackwood[PyroclasticFlow}   vs House Bracken

House Tully                                             vs House Frey{Bronn Stone}

Hey Bronn,

Here's a list of available teams (and their corresponding rivals):

House Martell                                        vs House Yronwood

House Arryn                                          vs House Sunderland{rocksniffer}

House Webber{Dunknegg}                 vs House Osgrey

House Lannister                                    vs House Reyne {Lord Dracarys}

House Tyrell                                           vs House Peake

House Blackwood[PyroclasticFlow}  vs House Bracken

House Tully                                             vs House Frey{Bronn Stone}

Teams on the left are in one division as are teams on the right...let me know what team you want.

PM me your email and I'll send you the invite and details of the league.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

5 down 9 to go:

• House Martell                                        vs House Yronwood
  •  House Arryn                                          vs House Sunderland{rocksniffer}
  •  House Webber{Dunknegg}                 vs House Osgrey
  •  House Lannister                                    vs House Reyne {Lord Dracarys}
  •  House Tyrell                                           vs House Peake
  •  House Blackwood[PyroclasticFlow}  vs House Bracken
  •  House Tully                                             vs House Frey{Bronn Stone}

Teams on the left are in one division as are teams on the right...let me know what team you want.

Dunk - you should post the rules here, or at least some of the more interesting elements.  Some pretty cool stuff that might get more people interested.

At the very least, you put a lot of work into it, and its worth sharing.

The Doom in particular is a hilarious and crazy idea that sounds like fun as long as everyone knows what they're getting into before the league starts.  Actually kind of reminds me of something I read about last year called a Vampire League - its different, but has some similarities on a much smaller scale (just in terms of player movement).

Worth a try WJ.

Here are the highlights, some of which have been alluded to already...

Two divisions, the Reds and the Black are comprised of seven teams each.  They are primarily based on their loyalties during the Blackfyre Rebellion.  The winner of each division is assured a playoff spot.  The remaining five spots are determined by a combination of three metrics (weighted evenly), termed "Power Points":  actual win-loss record, overall record(similar to power rankings in Experts), and total points scored for the season.  The reason for determining rankings in this manner as opposed to only win-loss record is I hate seeing a better team miss out on the playoffs due to poor luck of who you play when.  That is another reason I hope to have 14 teams so that everyone plays each other once, but we'll go with however many we have playing.

Rosters are comprised of 17 players each (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1DEF, 1 Super-flex(QB/RB/WR/TE), 1 Flex(WR/TE) and 7 bench players.
It has a mixture of a larger league (like Thunderdome) with slightly more flexibility so that no position has to be omitted on game day due to lack of availability.  Kickers are deemed worthless thus not included.

FAAB begins at $77 dollars, not $100; however, you do have chances to increase this amount by either earning trade bonuses or winning rivalry week.  Each time you make a trade with a different team and all the players you acquired remain on your roster for at least 2 weeks, you earn a trade bonus which starts at $7 and doubles each time you trade with another team.  Also, if you win vs your rival during the third week of the season, you earn an additional $21, so rivalry week actually means something.  Increasing your FAAB will come in handy if "The Doom" ever happens again (see below).

Playoffs go by the name "Trial of Seven" and the higher seed gets a slight home-field advantage by being able to utilize a bench player for their Flex starter if it benefits them.  This won't always come into play, but gives a small perk to the teams who performed better during the year.  There is no advantage for the championship game, only the first two rounds.

Beware the DOOM!  (excerpt from full rules):

The Doom:

Over 300 years ago, a rare and cataclysmic event known as "The Doom" destroyed the ancient

home of the Valyrians and set into motion a chain of events that led us on our current path.

They say that history repeats itself and if it does, BEWARE!  

During the regular season between weeks 1-12, if any team's final score for the week after the

Monday Night game should have three consecutive "7's" in it(i.e. 177.74, 97.77, etc.), another

"Doom" will occur that will impact the entire league.  When/If this Doom strikes, each team will

have the 2 players currently on their team with the 7th most and fewest total fantasy points

scored for the season put into the waiver pool and are available to be claimed by any team,

including his original team.   This may affect any existing waiver claims already submitted so
double check those.

Normal waiver claims will be processed on early Wednesday morning, but the players dropped

after the Monday night game as a result of the Doom will not be able to be claimed until early

Thursday. This will cause chaos and happen fast and furious so be prepared to re-recruit your
players or poach those of your enemies.

Draft is an auction draft set for Wednesday, September 4 at 8:30pm CST

If you want me to email you the full rules that simply clarifies some of these nuances, PM me your email address.

well i suck at all fantasy but i have a shit ton of fun trying so count me in...i will send email to pm

...i read the rules and dig the backstory i just might need to do some research...like what is a flex...but i will give it a go

:smoking:

I need some brave men (or women) who don't mind getting their arses spanked to step up and join so I can keep it in the family...wait...that didn't come out the way I intended.

I planned on only playing in 2 leagues this year because I was didn't want to put to much on my plate, but by golly if Jace can handle double digit leagues...what does that say about you lot.  I bumped my count to 4 + Pickem this year.

Draft is in 5 days!

Archived