Cycling - 2022 the remco show

BigFatCoward

On 6/29/2022 at 4:15 PM, Maltaran said:

True, although it was kind of expected with Jakobsen in the team.

I hope Bardet does well, he was looking on form at the Giro before he had to withdraw 

And Jakobsen proves it was the right decision 

Van Aert has been incredible so far wouldn't put it past him to win stage 6 the way he is riding. Shame Roglic crashed but Van Aert basically stopped Pogacar from having a minute on everyone before we see a real climb

Pogacar's finish was very overwhelming and impressive.

Roglic looks well below his best there, either thats because of yesterday's fall, or because he somehow isnt in great shape.

There looks to be a huge range of contenders for spots 2-10 in this Tour.

Majka and Bennett both have covid. Best case scenario Pog has no help in the mountains. Worst is he probably already has it (photo of him training yesterday with Bennett, and their heads are within a foot of each other). 

4 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

This didn't age well. He's completely blown up. VINGEGAARD SMASHED HIM.

Lol came in to say exactly the same. Got me half expecting a positive covid test for him in the next day or two to blow up that spectacularly. That or he's just finally been introduced to his limits.

I went to check how far the sprinters still have to go and the race tracking doesn't even have a group for them lol. Wonder how they'll looking for getting in ahead of elimination.

Still can't get over how fast JV crossed to Quintana when he went, he must have been at almost 50% faster than everyone for a few minutes.

2 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

Roglic must be cursing that hay bale

I don't think he could have lived with Vingegaard today either. 

I hope it was just a hunger knock or an altitude problem and he can come back and attack relentlessly over next 10 stages. Still lots of racing. 

1 minute ago, BigFatCoward said:

I don't think he could have lived with Vingegaard today either. 

I hope it was just a hunger knock or an altitude problem and he can come back and attack relentlessly over next 10 stages. Still lots of racing. 

I always forget that messing up your eating for a day can do that this to you as well. They're operating at such extremes there's not much margin for error.

28 minutes ago, karaddin said:

Lol came in to say exactly the same. Got me half expecting a positive covid test for him in the next day or two to blow up that spectacularly. 

You would almost expect something like that but it could also be the fact that he has wasted quite a bit of power already, he's been riding very dominantly, always going for sprints uphill and of course that Arenberg stage last week where he exerted so much effort and power to only win 15 seconds on Vingegaard in the end ( the stage where Roglic fell). When I watched that stage I did wonder if he did not overextend himself because he went full power there on the cobbles, leaving everyone in the dust, for marginal time gains in the end.