US Politics: RIP EHK FYVM GOP

DanteGabriel

1 hour ago, Triskele said:

It is surreal to know though that both Trump and Bill Clinton have hung out with this guy.  A terrible look even if neither knew or took part (and I'm not saying that's a safe assumption at this point).  

Oh, Trump definitely knew. "He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it -- Jeffrey enjoys his social life."

Good news today for Warren on the fundraising front.  And good news for Harris on the news coverage front.  538 has an article up on that today.  I'd take fundraising over news coverage, but we'll see how it plays out.

1 hour ago, a good and nice guy said:

lol these people believe jfk jr is alive and clandestinely helping trump and will be his go in 2020

They think this can happen because it's what would happen if this was pro wrestling.

JFK junior entering as Mueller testifies, dressed as the Undertaker, tosses Adam Schiff like a bag of potatoes into Ted Lieu as Devin Nunes tries to take a selfie.

14 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

JFK junior entering as Mueller testifies, dressed as the Undertaker,

If John John is Taker, does that make Mueller Goldberg - as in the adversary that's also way too old and the both of them almost kill each other?

5 hours ago, DMC said:

Good news today for Warren on the fundraising front.  And good news for Harris on the news coverage front.  538 has an article up on that today.  I'd take fundraising over news coverage, but we'll see how it plays out.

Yeah, I was reading something. This is actually good news for anyone concerned about  big donor money flooding politics. Sanders is already in the race and making bank as usual. With Warren also in the race and not doing big donor fundraising, it shows there is a lot of potential for the small-donor campaigns. 

1 hour ago, Martell Spy said:

Yeah, I was reading something. This is actually good news for anyone concerned about  big donor money flooding politics. Sanders is already in the race and making bank as usual. With Warren also in the race and not doing big donor fundraising, it shows there is a lot of potential for the small-donor campaigns. 

Read the same article. Top 5 Democratic fundraisers in the 2nd quarter:

Buttigieg: $24.8 million 

Biden: $21.5 million 

Warren: $19.1 million 

Sanders: $18 million 

Harris: $12 million

Buttigieg, Biden and I presume Harris are employing traditional campaign fundraising strategies, while Warren and Sanders are going full small donor. Harris should have better numbers in the 3rd quarter because I believe 1/6 of her haul came in the 24 hours after her debate performance.

It's good that small donor strategies can work for more than 1 progressive candidate, but I wonder how viable that strategy will be when the economy tanks and those small donors don't have the cash to give.

In other news, Swalwell becomes the first candidate to drop out of the primary race. Hopefully at least Delaney, Gabbard, Hickenlooper, de Blasio, Yang and Williamson will do the same before the next debate. Next debate will be another shitshow, with way too many candidates on stage.

In other news, it's looking more and more likely that Howard Schultz won't enter the race, but more and more likely that Tom Steyer will. Fuck, I hope not.

8 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

In other news, it's looking more and more likely that Howard Schultz won't enter the race, but more and more likely that Tom Steyer will. Fuck, I hope not.

I personally don’t really see him running that good or bad thing. He doesn’t appear to be interested in running third-party, and I imagine it’s really too late for him to make headway in garnering support. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1027626

@Varysblackfyre321 & @DMC

I hope you're right, but Steyer doesn't have to worry about fundraising and something like 80+% of Democrats approve of impeaching Trump and that's Steyer's entire raison d'etre.

He probably won't make the cut-off for the next debate, but it's very possible he could make the cut for the September debate. 

I was worried that Steyer  would run as independent. It looks like he will run as a democrat. It's probably too late for him to qualify for the 2nd debate. The third debate is a lot tougher to get in. I just don't see that happening. I think Steyer's campaign will be a footnote for poly-sci nerds of the future to quiz each other over.

11 hours ago, a good and nice guy said:

i guess, but i still dont really buy it. i mean,  if these people are so out of touch with news and politics, how are they going to hear about the democrats part in this complicated funding bill? and of course the dems could make their own media about it, keep making a spectacle by visiting the camps, hammering on and on about the lack of transparency let alone the torturous conditions. plus, any improvement that falls short of completely shuttering the damn things is just gonna have trump take credit for it anyways (which was part of my original point) 

They probably aren't hearing much about it right now. The concern is what they will hear about it from election ad sound bites a year from now. And that depends a lot simply on who has more money to run the ads more often, as one of the main factors in what low information voters end up believing will simply be how many times they have heard something. And at the moment Trump's fundraising is going very well.

Evidently I thought he'd been dead for a long time already.

Different topic: long discussion last night about the possibility that as much as we prefer Warren in so many ways, Harris, with the very thing we maybe don't like so much about her, her prosecutor personality, might be exactly the sort of POTUS we need right now.  She wouldn't be afraid to take on TVillain in any context.  She's the best speaker out there -- she really grabs the physical and audio space that she inhabits and gets people to pay attention to her.

11 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Evidently I thought he'd been dead for a long time already.

Different topic: long discussion last night about the possibility that as much as we prefer Warren in so many ways, Harris, with the very thing we maybe don't like so much about her, her prosecutor personality, might be exactly the sort of POTUS we need right now.  She wouldn't be afraid to take on TVillain in any context.  She's the best speaker out there -- she really grabs the physical and audio space that she inhabits and gets people to pay attention to her.

That's what myself and others have been saying.

41 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It’s nice to see our president nuking our relationships with England on Twitter like a spurned teenager….

….Somehow this will be Alex Morgan’s fault

I know he goes off on twitter all the time, but it seems this one has really, really gotten under his skin.

17 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

That's what myself and others have been saying.

Like loudly? I’ve been saying for a year now she’s the ticket because she will cut him to pieces. For the thousandth time, just want her in committee hearings. She’s always the best, and what she did to Biden will look kind compared to what she will do to Trump in the debates.

Archived