Is there any moments that hinted that Cersei was a coward prior to 8x05?

Kaguya

Like, I’m still trying to come to terms that she....Just cried like an idiot during the battle of kingslanding? She didn’t cry during the battle of Blackwater - when she actually had more to lose..So what was different now? 

Shes always been portrayed as evil, but this coward thing seemed like it came out of the blue. Yes you could say she broke down during the walk of shame, but I feel most people would react the same.

8 hours ago, Kajjo said:

She didn't cry "througout the battle". She cried after being re-united with Jamie and when being in a situation of clear death. She lost all. The reunion with Jamie brings out her emotions.

Go back and watch it. She started crying when Qyburn convinced her to retreat

15 hours ago, Kaguya said:

Go back and watch it. She started crying when Qyburn convinced her to retreat

Yes, that wa at the very end of the battle, shortly before it ended.

That is the opposite of "though the battle". My goodness.

On 7/3/2019 at 9:33 PM, Kajjo said:

She didn't cry "througout the battle". She cried after being re-united with Jamie and when being in a situation of clear death. She lost all. The reunion with Jamie brings out her emotions.

IIRC, she cried when Qyburn informed her that Unsullied had breached Red Keep. Either way, I didn't think it was cowardly, just the reaction to total defeat. If I were her and saw GC, Iron Fleet, Last Lannister army incinerated, I'd crumble as well.

Moreover, she had wine during blackwater, so that helped. As she was pregnant during S8, she refused to drink. 

4 hours ago, Br16 said:

she cried when Qyburn informed her that Unsullied had breached Red Keep.

Indeed. That is very different from "throughout the battle". Participants in this forum should keep more to the truth.

4 hours ago, Br16 said:

I didn't think it was cowardly, just the reaction to total defeat

Agreed.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with Cersei's character, is Lena has come out and said a huge part of her season 8 arc was cut (losing the baby). I think Lena was playing the character as everything is going wrong all of a sudden and Cersei finally cracked. It makes sense the way it was but I think if that revelation was in there, it would have made a lot more sense and really driven the point home.

I also think it helps make sense of her tactics in general leading up to the final confrontation and some of her other actions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 4:16 AM, btfu806 said:

The problem with Cersei's character, is Lena has come out and said a huge part of her season 8 arc was cut (losing the baby). I think Lena was playing the character as everything is going wrong all of a sudden and Cersei finally cracked. It makes sense the way it was but I think if that revelation was in there, it would have made a lot more sense and really driven the point home.

I also think it helps make sense of her tactics in general leading up to the final confrontation and some of her other actions.

I still think it’s a bit weird that she had more to lose in the battle of Blackwater, and yet was more level headed then. If anything, a s8 Cersei should have gone down the same way as Aerys went down - delusional and crazy.

On 7/22/2019 at 2:16 PM, btfu806 said:

Can anyone explain to me why they cut out the miscarriage story?

On 8/2/2019 at 12:40 PM, Jabar of House Titan said:

Can anyone explain to me why they cut out the miscarriage story?

I don't think anyone knows really. It was just a comment that Lena made at some convention (can't remember anymore) and since journalism is dead (not really... but kinda) the person asking the questions didn't think to follow it up.

On 8/3/2019 at 3:00 PM, Ghost7272 said:

The miscarriage was actually supposed to happen at the end of Season 7, almost immediately after Jaime left.

Yeah but then I heard that they decided to push it back into season 8.

Only for it to never happen.

On 8/5/2019 at 1:23 PM, btfu806 said:

I don't think anyone knows really. It was just a comment that Lena made at some convention (can't remember anymore) and since journalism is dead (not really... but kinda) the person asking the questions didn't think to follow it up. 

Journalism is dead. Why are you tap-dancing around it?

If you ask a question and the answer is something out of left field, then the sensible, professional thing to do is to ask a follow-up question, probe further and fact-check.

But journalism is dead. So they never followed up on it.

16 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

If you ask a question and the answer is something out of left field, then the sensible, professional thing to do is to ask a follow-up question, probe further and fact-check.

I agree in main stream media it is dead and in most cases outside it is as well (since they don't teach how to interview anymore apparently). I do work in the field and there are a few that still ask follow up questions, not many of us though haha.

On 8/7/2019 at 5:02 PM, Jabar of House Titan said:

That's a misunderstanding in the media reports, they didn't push it back to Season 8, they just originally thought Season 8 would cover the effects of it, but they changed their minds and decided to keep her pregnant until the end.

Archived