German politics. Flinten-Uschi defying the laws of gravity

This feels like Germany during the last days of Weimar. Austrians invading German politics.

Anyway, I think there's a lesson to be learnt from our dearest gorge crappers.

Not that they are apparently too stupid to vote. I mean that's too much of a low hanging fruit, even for me. No, the lessong goes back to another claim here. I'll go back to that one, even if I already addressed it, but it's worth to be brought up again.

On 9/9/2019 at 5:43 PM, Jo498 said:

Exactly. I think this is still not done. On the contrary: Any coalition (often of former mortal enemies) to avoid a situation like CDU minority government tolerated by AfD adds to the impression that there is a "system" or establishment that wants to keep their power and "ordinary people" out of it. Of course, this impression is partially correct, that's why it is so easy for AfD and similar groups to use it for their nefarious purposes.

The Dösi politicians from the conservative ÖVP decided to form a coalition with the late Jörg Haider, who lost life because he hit the gas too hard durng a right turn (copyright for that joke belongs to Serdar Somuncu). It did not diminish the FPÖ or make it go away, even after their alpha racist kicked the proverbial bucket. What they did achieve however, was that they validated and normalized the FPÖ as normal party instead of painting it as the ghoulish far right POS party it is. That's the one takeaway everybody should keep in mind, when they make the argument Jo made in that post.

And for the record Mateschitz is right wing POS, and I hope he drowns in barrel of the disgusting bull crap he sells all over the world. That's about all I have to say wrt Austria.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/oct/09/two-people-killed-in-shooting-in-german-city-of-halle

Germany: mass shooting attempt that killed two was antisemitic attack, minister says

Two people died and two more were severely injured in the eastern German city of Halle on Wednesday, after a gunman in a military-style outfit tried to force his way into a synagogue in an attempted mass shooting.

Authorities in the city in the state of Saxony-Anhalt, home to 230,000 people, said they were dealing with a “rampage situation” after several shots were fired in the Paulus quarter north of the city centre at about midday.

In a chilling echo of the Christchurch mosque shooting, the gunman recorded the attacks on a head-mounted camera and uploaded it online with an antisemitic and rightwing extremist rant.

ETA: According to the Brennpunkt special (on daserste), the perpetrator is a holocaust denier and conspirationalist (is that even a word in English?).

• 2 weeks later...

https://m.tagesspiegel.de/politik/sicherheitszone-in-nordsyrien-akk-ueberrascht-mit-syrien-vorschlag-maas-und-die-spd/25140506.html

AKK in der Kritik-wiedermal

I like the idea, but there was no plan and talking with the SPD behind it. It sounds like something she figured out 5 minutes before the interview, to make it look like she cares about the problem

2 hours ago, Karneol said:

It sounds like something she figured out 5 minutes before the interview, to make it look like she cares about the problem

She's watching too much of Anglo-Saxon politicians on TV ;)

If by "to be expected" you mean "of course the lambs would vote for their butcher" then yes I agree. I don't know much about the other two, othe than anyone would be better than Scholz, but I honestly don't care anymore.

Here's a nice summary of the failings of the SPD:

So Thüringen has voted.

Ramelow has turned his popularity bonus as governor into party votes. So the Left is easily the strongest party. Another positive. CDU taking a hit.

Bad. The SPD's downward spiral continues. Single digits all the way, the Greens also lost votes and are bouncing around the 5% threshold - my guess is, that Ramelow cannibalized the left to the center vote to some degree to give him a boost (as a neck to neck between the left and the CDU was predicted in the polls). So here's hoping the Greens stay above the magical number. Also bad, the FDP doubled their last election result from there, and are also bouncing around the 5% mark. They truely are the Michael Myers of German politics. Every bloody time you hope they are dead and gone, they return from their political grave. Let's just hope they stay below the 5% threshold. Horrible, but expected, the neo-nazi party around Höcke is the second biggest party in Thüringen.

More like (hopefully) nobody wants to cooperate with fascists and racists. Not the other way round.

The less said about them the better. So moving back to more mainstream parties.

The CDU in Thüringen the conservatives are struggling to come up with a position for themselves.

While Mike Mohring (or MM, or Marilyn as his friends call him (that is just a guess however)) suggested he mgiht consider forming an alliance with Bodo. His party had other ideas. They have ruled that option out. However Marilyn is willing to meet Bodo, the Kennedy of the left out of raison d'etat, but not to start talks about forming a goverment.  Ok, my inner cynic is saying, he wants to stage a photo op. Because otherwise I really, see no point in having that meeting.

On the Federal level, Fritze is showing his ugly head, by openly launching a covert leadership challenge, with the backing of the Chair from the Incels, Tilman Kuban. Is it ok, to call him a fat fuck, or is that already fat shaming? Anyway, it's really interesting to see how those right wing losers from yesteryear pop up all over the place to back Fischers Fritze. I mean, even that dingbat Koch is there. I thought his time in failing on the free market taught him to finally shut up. But that was probably too much to ask.

Let's see how the FDP, who barely scraped thru on a handful of votes (quite literally) in Thüringen  will be making hay about not joining a goverment, out of responsibility for the state. Ok, that is in line with what Marilyn did. Check above.

• 1 month later...

So before the first advent 2019, both the SPD and the neo-Nazis from the AfD have elected new party leaders.

Not gonna waste another word on the AfD, as in literally not worth it.

However, the SPD managed to actually surprise me. They did not vote for the red Zero, 00 Scholz, with the license to bore. Instead they voted for Esken and Borjans. I hope they get their act together now. However, I think they'll be shopping for new leaders next year.

Not completely unexpected. Trust the party members to choose the wrong candidate(s). (Not that Scholz / Geywitz would have been a particularly great choice.) Last time they tried this they chose Scharping rather than Schröder. We know how that ended. Will be interesting to see what this does to the coalition.

1 hour ago, Mindwalker said:

Yeah, Schröder was a great choice.

Well, it was Lafontaine who overthrew Scharping and decided to let Schröder run for chancellor. And Schröder won twice before he lost to Merkel by a hair's breadth (after all opinion polls had predicted that the SPD would be thrashed). 

• 2 months later...

Nice little coup by yours FDP/ AfD/ CDU truly in Thüringen. Nice as in, horrific. This moves the red line for future coalitions with the AfD. First we take Thüringen, then we take Berlin!

See, that's what Lindner meant when he said: „Es ist besser, nicht zu regieren, als falsch zu regieren!“

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/05/centre-right-german-parties-vote-with-afd-to-oust-thuringia-premier-bodo-ramelow

https://www.politico.eu/article/liberal-elected-leader-of-east-german-state-with-far-right-support-thomas-kemmerich-thuringia/

Nothing new really. FDP and CDU have been open to work with racists anf fascists in the not that distant past. Remember von Beust only won his first term as mayor by forming a goverment with the FDP and Schill. Just because judge coke is no snorting it in Rio doesn't mean it is forgotten.

However the chuzpe of Lindner...

I mean it really takes some balls to step in front of the camera and say: it's now for the other moderate parties to decide whether they want to work with democratic centrist party, just after his party got voted into goverment with the votes of fascists. That really made me not just to punch him, but to really clobber him into oblivion, and then run him over two or three with his is own SUV. effing bellend.

And only a few hours later he realized it wouldn't fly and damage control was in order; now he's calling for new elections. That weasel is really something. I've been saying that for years, but he always manages to surprise me by stooping even lower. In the same vein, initial congratiolations by CSU representatives on twitter were quickly deleted, and Söder is calling for elections.

Schill is not forgotten. And they have been testing the waters, with false equivalencies between Linke and AfD, for a long time. Still, this is a new victory, even if new elections are held.

My inner optimist hopes that some of the more sane CDU voters won't forget.

My inner optimist is usually wrong.

But really, if the SPD was not in shambles...

Anyway, I will force myself to watch Markus Lanz (yuck) tonight, were I am sure the host will explain to us that cuddling with the AfD may be wrong, but doing so with Die Linke is just as wrong. Who knows, maybe with Kubicki or Lindner?

"It is better to not govern at all, than to govern without the support of fascists."

Archived