German politics. Flinten-Uschi defying the laws of gravity

Terrible stupidity by the FDP. I mean, what did they expect? And ffs, getting into office with the AfD, and then governing with SPD and Greens... I'd rather watch this kind of acrobatics in the circus. Kemmerich is a king without land, his party has only 5 MPs, how is this government supposed to work with such a tiny parliamentary base. It will effectively be a cabinet of string puppets with CDU and AfD pulling the strings.

Kemmerich announced he will step down. Ministerpräsident for a day, fool for a lifetime (taz)

Not stupidity, at all. They thought they could get way with it and didn't. Yet. Hopefully this will make sure the FDP will massively lose votes. Sadly, the CDU probably won't. What's more important, they both have further legitimized the AfD, who will paint themselves as victims of the establishment. Exactly what they had planned: Win-win!

https://taz.de/Die-FDP-und-Thueringen/!5658334/

They should move their parliament to Weimar  ffs. 
I'm afraid this will be a boost for the F.D.P. as well. Some of those Nazis will figure out that voting them into parliament again will empower the AFD. CDU will maybe replace Moehring with Massen and then our friend have a great choice : AfD (we are not Nazis, honestly), CDU ( we are not the AfD, honestly) and the F.D.P (we were always Nazis, honestly)

No idea where this is leading to and I'm very scared of that development.

5 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

Gosh, that oily snake Christian Lindner is like teflon; nothing sticks. Of course he would make it. Wouldn't it have been delicious, had he lost his head (politically speaking) over this? *sigh*

Ofc he is. There's nobody else to take over, and they are so reduced to be his party. I mean I have often mocked them over their lack of political content over the years. But this whole story has shown one thing, it's far worse. Gonna say this in German, because I think some meaning might get lost in translation.

Es fehlt da nicht nur an politischen Inhalten, da fehlt ganz grundsätzlich sowas wie eine politische Haltung.

It's really a black hole. While old Liberals like Baum were serious political thinkers (with whom you might argue) the bunch of Westerwelle and his successors have really reduced liberalism as a serious political and philosophical movement to some sort of mindless lifestyle. There's just nothing there. While I might be mocking Lindner over his belief that Liberty means driving in a diesel with 200 km/h on the autobahn, I suspect, him and his followers might seriously believe that. Well, that and not paying taxes.

I wish the journalists during the interview had pressured him harder. The most generous reading of the situation was/is, that he and Kemmerich wanted to use that Governor election as a political stunt, so they can claim we offered political alternative in the democratic center. So him whining about the AfD upstaging him, feels a bit hollow. As in, you are complaining about the anti-democrats to run a  sham candidate and then elect your sham candidate - who had no chance of getting a majority without the fascist voting block. If you put forward a candiate in a political stunt, you can't invoke the seriousness of the position/vote in your defense. It's just an absurd defense he mounted there. But I find it funny, how FDP and CDU are now engaged in a blame game. With those personal responsibility parties not wanting to shoulder the blame all alone.

Anyway, funnily enough Mohring who will lose his position over that shitshow comes across as the only one, who actually saw that coming. He actively did not stand as a candidate to avoid this situation, and dissuaded his fellow CDU MPs from trying to do it themselves. And it feels like more blame should lie with AKK on this. Ofc that does not absolve him or his party from any blame, as they walked into this trap with open eyes.

20 hours ago, kiko said:

I'm afraid this will be a boost for the F.D.P. as well. Some of those Nazis will figure out that voting them into parliament again will empower the AFD. CDU will maybe replace Moehring with Massen and then our friend have a great choice : AfD (we are not Nazis, honestly), CDU ( we are not the AfD, honestly) and the F.D.P (we were always Nazis, honestly)

No idea where this is leading to and I'm very scared of that development.

The latest Forsa study points to the contrary. Yes, of course the AfD gains a bit. FDP and CDU lose, SPD, Linke, Green party gain. Which is of course why the CDU tries to draw things out until people forget, or they succeed in putting the blame on the other camp.

2 hours ago, Toth said:

Since I'm doing lessons about our voting system and coalition forming with one of my classes right now and I can't exactly complain about a lack of material...

LOL.

Never.

Only one from the political talkshows worth watching used to be Maischberger, and haven't watched her in ages. So why would I bother with Will?

Anyway, now that the gaffe queen of stupid is on her way out, I am curious what moron the CDU will pick this time.

The moderate hobbit (Laschet), the gay reactionist (Spahn), or the arsehole (Merz).

If ti came down to a duel between Spahn and Merz, I am sure as hell cheering for Spahn. As much as I may dislike him, he has the advantage of not being Merz, and he has not made a total mess out of the health ministry, actually has track record there is not even that bad, Ofc. it could've been better had he succeeded with the intended change in the transplant law.

As much as I can agree with that transplant law, I certainly wouldn't want anyone as a Bundeskanzler, who tries to push that kind of controversial law on the people.

Anyway, it might be both. Merz for one period and Spahn afterwards.

Yuck...

Not even sure that Spahn is the lesser evil. He has just eaten chalk and is bidding his time. I *almost* feel, I could prefer Söder. What a time to be alive 

Never.

The only thing Söder has going for him is, that it would drive Seehofer nuts. And I'd give a penny for the thoughts of old Stutterhand Ede, about his silly little pitbull achieving what he never could.

If you (porbably justifiedly) accuse Spahn of eating chalk, I am not sure how you would describe he new bee friendly Söder. Those CSU hillbillies are a reason why I support the secession of Bavaria - off you pop.

Not sure how they always get elected. I think where I live, the real Bavarians are actually a minority. Still, it's CSU all over the place. And if the natives feel adventurous, they elect the freie wähler. What a big step...

Ok, exit polls look good, thus far.

Some SPD losses, but still easily the strongest party with 37-38%

Greens almost doubled their result 25%

CDU losses, 11-12%

the Left 9%

FDP ~5 could go either way, so there's hope the collaborateurs stay out.

AfD 4.7% fuck yeah keep the racists out. No voice for racists - outside the CDU.

Great WE for Hamburg afterall, first the derby now this.

:D

Archived