German politics. Flinten-Uschi defying the laws of gravity

1 hour ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

Aren't the Freie Wähler anti-vaxx too? But the are only relevant in Bavaria I guess. 

They have a foothold in some other states right now. A very good development. It gives the bonkers non-nazi potential CDU /CSU voters an opportunity to throw away their votes. Might help to get the CSU under 5%, even though they will be in the Bundestag anyway.

17 hours ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

Aren't the Freie Wähler anti-vaxx too? But the are only relevant in Bavaria I guess. 

Don't care about a fringe party that is pretty meaningless outside that hillbilly state in the south. They are irrelevant. Their only purpose seems to be to make Söder look sensible.

16 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

I find the anti-vaxx movement very political, plus the violence is somewhat new here. But if the mods want to move it to the covid thread, that's fine.

I disagree. They really lack the relevant representation, and that Querdenker Party that Babylon Berlin actor joined will not make it into any parliament. Die Basis had to actually google what they named their clown show.

If you think about it as a global movement, then I don't think they are specifically German. All the relevant political actors are pretty much in line with get vaxxed or STFU.

44 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

I disagree. They really lack the relevant representation, and that Querdenker Party that Babylon Berlin actor joined will not make it into any parliament. Die Basis had to actually google what they named their clown show.

If you think about it as a global movement, then I don't think they are specifically German. All the relevant political actors are pretty much in line with get vaxxed or STFU.

The AFD got 12,6% and got the 3rd place 2017. Those political actors are certainly relevant to some people.

4 hours ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

The AFD got 12,6% and got the 3rd place 2017. Those political actors are certainly relevant to some people.

Yes, and no. The AfD is primarily a party for racists and nationalists. They started out as the anti-€ party, and then very quickly (and predictably) descended into the anti-Muslim/anti-Migrant party it is now. Is there an overlap between their base, and the anti-vaxxer/corona deniers/tin foil hatters? Most certainly. But they were not really succesful in trying to ride that wave of populism. IMHO, this is down to the fact, that while there's overlap, those two groups are sufficiently dissimilar for them to spawn their own party.

That's Die Basis and their party is about as relevant as Baseball, when we talk about sports in Germany.

My god, Arsch auf Grundeis at the JU. They really are trying to push a red scare tactics. Things are really dire within the conservative base. I haven’t seen one of those on a large scale since the 1980s. Ridiculous. And so tone deaf considering it’s almost one year ago when a Nazi murdered 9 young people with immigration background in Hanau. They are so far removed from reality, it hurts. 

The Union has abgewirtschaftet. No ideas, just sprouting fear. It seems finally the Germans woke up and smelled the coffee.

15 hours ago, Arakan said:

My god, Arsch auf Grundeis at the JU. ...

Seems like it. Do you mean the quote by Ziemiak that electing Scholz would mean an end to the EU. I nearly spilled my coffee this morning. They seem really desperate. It is like the "Freiheit statt Sozialismus" in the 70s or the red-socks-campaign in the 90s. I only wished the greens would overtake the CDU again but it doesn't look like it.

One other thing which made me chuckle today was the comment by Mrs Prien (a member of the "competence team") regarding Maaßen at Lanz tuesday and his reaction. She said something along the lines that Maaßen and his positions shouldn't belong in the CDU (something I agree with her). And when pushed by the moderator if she would vote for him she said something like she was always in awe of competitive athletes. So Maaßen now said in an interview with Bild she should be removed from the competence team. :lol:

On 9/7/2021 at 2:27 PM, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Don't care about a fringe party that is pretty meaningless outside that hillbilly state in the south. They are irrelevant. Their only purpose seems to be to make Söder look sensible.

Freie Wähler usually aren't listed in the opinion polls, so it's hard to tell. INSA has them at 3%. Not enough to get into the Bundestag, but not exactly irrrelevant either. That would be about half as many votes as the CSU. Actually, the CSU could be below 5% but will be in the Byndestag, of course, because they'll win a lot of constituencies. 

Just as a reminder: the red-socks campaign was successful. The CDU just need to successfully reroute votes from SPD to Green to retain a chance of staying in power.

Someone remind me why I should vote for the F.D.P. I can only see a lot of posters with an unshaven Lindner. Do they have something relevant to say?

2 hours ago, The Wondering Wolf said:

Depends on the amount of your last inheritance.

0, but I'm able to double that for my kids. They will have to share, of course.

8 hours ago, Loge said:

Freie Wähler usually aren't listed in the opinion polls, so it's hard to tell. INSA has them at 3%. Not enough to get into the Bundestag, but not exactly irrrelevant either. That would be about half as many votes as the CSU. Actually, the CSU could be below 5% but will be in the Byndestag, of course, because they'll win a lot of constituencies. 

Remember, I am a northerner. Here they got 0.6% of the vote last year, Die Partei got more than double their votes. The only parliament they are in is in Bavaria. And I tend to ignore that silly tribe to the north of the Alps for as much as I can. Unfortunately, when they send people to serve in goverment, they are not sending us their best people. They are sending us, their Seehofers, Scheuers, Dobrindts and Schmidts, but some are good people, I think. But one Gerd Müller (no, not the late footballers, the federal minister) doesn't make up for those other political pygmies to borrow a phrase.

22 minutes ago, Arakan said:

There are two parties which never will get my vote. AfD and FDP. 

On that much we agree.

I think people tend to slightly transfigure the old FDP (they wouldn't have been my party at any point), but their current personnel are failed businessmen sucking up to the ones that were "successful". You don't even have to look closely, the sole fact that a party that claims to be progressive and to fight for liberty and against prohibitions considers the CDU their natural political ally shows the cognitive dissonance of that party. Whatever, as Jürgen Möllemann said: All blessings come from above.

12 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Remember, I am a northerner. Here they got 0.6% of the vote last year, Die Partei got more than double their votes. The only parliament they are in is in Bavaria. And I tend to ignore that silly tribe to the north of the Alps for as much as I can. Unfortunately, when they send people to serve in goverment, they are not sending us their best people. They are sending us, their Seehofers, Scheuers, Dobrindts and Schmidts, but some are good people, I think. But one Gerd Müller (no, not the late footballers, the federal minister) doesn't make up for those other political pygmies to borrow a phrase.

Hello from Bavaria :). In the 90s Seehofer was actually a good man, so much that he was ridiculed as Herz Jesu Sozialist. Back then he already knew that we need a Bürgerversicherung and that private health insurance (except for add ons) is parasitic to society. But that was 90s Seehofer. 

4 hours ago, Arakan said:

It’s somehow tragic how one of the historic founding parties of Western German democracy could degenerate so much. 

They always had a sizeable brown wing. The just also used to have good people in their ranks. One of the best maybe Hildegard Hamm-Brücher, incidentally from the Bavarian party organization.

4 hours ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

I read that our chancellor Kurz is worried about a left leaning government in Germany.

This pleases me.

He should invite Markus Söder to Wiener Schnitzel and they can cry together all night and all day for all I care ;)

Archived