Cricket 35: Bat first, bat often

Jeor

Williamson has to gamble with Neesham again at some point, he doesn't have enough overs left for the rest.

Great spell by Santner, even with that 6 he has figures of 2/34 off 10 in a World Cup semifinal, better than the Indian spinners.

Ferguson's and Henry can bowl out this end, Neesham and Boult take two overs each at the other. Neesham's last two overs are going to be crucial, he can't go for too many.

Everyone talking about Dhoni but I feel that he isn't the finisher he used to be. I suspect Dhoni would have left it too late - even now he's facing a lot of dot balls. Jadeja, otoh, has batted brilliantly. It's not been all about big hits - he's taken full advantage of balls that were there to hit otherwise he's looked for one's and two's to keep the scoreboard ticking over.

Yes Dhoni has been dotted up a lot. The last Neesham over is going to be make or break, India could cart him for 20 that they need.

Just now, Consigliere said:

What a massive wicket. I feel that shot was a direct result of Dhoni playing too conservatively thus placing too much of the burden on Jadeja. 

Dhoni will get a lot of flak for this. Lots of dot  balls and leaves.

Archived