Watch, Watched, Watching: Midsommar Night Blues

Ramsay B.

On 8/22/2019 at 2:05 AM, dbunting said:

I also just finished S2 and I found it better than S1. S1 seemed very slow to me. 

Hide contents

I didn't like the whole story line in S2 of Tesch son being involved in the murder. It seemed too tied to the Charles Manson interview where he was talking about, "your lost kids did this, they are the murderers I just removed the fear".  The whole thing didn't feel right for the show.

There is one obvious question at the end.

Reveal hidden contents

Where did the blood come from that Ford was cleaning off his cuff? Also, this season ended in 1981, at least that's when Wayne Williams was arrested. BTK is active until 1991, so are we going to see BTK in S3, a time jump maybe, it seems like we will since he has been getting scenes this whole season.

I hope this gets another season, I know I will be watching.

I dunno ... I think I appreciated season 1 quite a bit more.

There were too many distractions that seemed only tenuously grapneled to the center -- the Atlanta child murders? -- in season 2, starting with fictional Tench's son's fictional murder involvement.  I like the actor who played Wendy Carr as well as the actor who played Kay Manz, but I did not like their story any more than that of adopted son, Brian's.

Maybe the slowness and sense there was no real anchor for the season I felt came from having to leave it for 5 days in the middle of the 6th episode?

I am currently subjugating myself to the Rock's tae on Baywatch. This might be the worst movie I have ever seen. It's painful to watch even. I wish I was in a civilized place so I had access to other entertainment.

After plowing through the 2 seasons of Mindhunter much quicker than I thought I would.

Spoiler

S2 left me a bit concerned that the wrong guy was convicted in the Atlanta serial killings. Seriously that was some slim evidence imo.

Otoh, the murders did end when they locked up the man that got convicted for 2 of the slayings so there is that?

3 hours ago, Veltigar said:

I am currently subjugating myself to the Rock's tae on Baywatch. This might be the worst movie I have ever seen. It's painful to watch even. I wish I was in a civilized place so I had access to other entertainment.

Try the new Hellboy. I was on a long flight, and I couldn't watch more than a minute. Better to stare at a blank screen than that. But, yeah Baywatch is shit, too.

23 minutes ago, Triskele said:

I kept watching because I was in such disbelief at how bad it was.  Like, how did this get made?  

Netflix probably realized they were stupid to not pick up The Expanse before Amazon did, and decided they badly needed a hardcore space show, too. 

3 hours ago, Veltigar said:

I feel much the same about all he crap he puts out :dunno:

4 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Try the new Hellboy. I was on a long flight, and I couldn't watch more than a minute. Better to stare at a blank screen than that. But, yeah Baywatch is shit, too.

If you say it's worse than Baywatch, I think I'd rather jump out of the plane than even attempt to watch it.

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I feel much the same about all he crap he puts out :dunno:

There really is a gigantic difference in quality between this and all his other stuff of recent years. I have lately been on somewhat of a 'The Rock'binge, since he does mindless entertainment quite well. None of his works have been masterful, but I always got a few giggles out of them. Baywatch though, is aggressively bad. It's one of those movies that you wonder got even made. It's such a piss poor effort, it makes the Rock's F&F spin-off & Jumanji seem like Great Classics by comparison. 

One more lot to toss into the Baywatch Fucking Sucked pile. Put it on one silly late night, where lots of cans and bottles were around, ashtray full of roaches kind of night with several of us. I think we collectively made it like 10 minutes before we sloppily agreed that even off our tits, that movie was one of the absolute worst I've ever seen. Ever. It was aggressively bad. We had people of both persuasions watching, and the eye candy was not remotely close enough to justify how terrible that script and film in general was.

On a happier note The Righteous Gemstones was funny as hell.

20 hours ago, drawkcabi said:

I think what did me in is when they woke up the "crew" of the Salvare and you see them all together, it's an important serious mission and you've got over-the-top resentful first officer demoted from captain, Hugo from Lost's brother, a glamour girl that can't be interested in anything except her iphone, and the rest of the crew of 20-somethings that all look like they belong in a coffee house rather than on a space ship.

Heh. Yeah, that's when I turned it off as well. 

Archived