How many lowborn POV are there?

BigBoss1

2 hours ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

Agreed. Interesting take on that wolf den piece I’ll have to reread that while keeping that under consideration. 

Porridge for the deadman 

Well, he "died" (to the outside world) and was put "underground", in a "wolf den", to be freed from that in order to seek a "wolf" cub. Last time I read that (over a month ago) that came across as rebirth symbolism: from a Stannis-man into a wolf-man, though he doesn't know it yet. Makes me wonder whether he'll ever be in Stannis's company again. 

15 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

Well, he "died" (to the outside world) and was put "underground", in a "wolf den", to be freed from that in order to seek a "wolf" cub. Last time I read that (over a month ago) that came across as rebirth symbolism: from a Stannis-man into a wolf-man, though he doesn't know it yet. Makes me wonder whether he'll ever be in Stannis's company again. 

I might have a few small things too add to that.

Melisandre is convinced the onion knight would never betray Stannis. 

Even after all manderley did for him, when face to face he still initially urges Lord Wyman to seek Stannis bc none are more just (paraphrased)

That being said Wyman wants his Liege and then would bend his knee to Stannis. So Davos could absolutely be a “wolf man” and never betray Stannis, however given he is the acting hand of the king I would certainly think Stannis would expect Davos to do his duty. (Which is whatever Stannis requires) 

2 hours ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

I might have a few small things too add to that.

Melisandre is convinced the onion knight would never betray Stannis. 

Even after all manderley did for him, when face to face he still initially urges Lord Wyman to seek Stannis bc none are more just (paraphrased)

That being said Wyman wants his Liege and then would bend his knee to Stannis. So Davos could absolutely be a “wolf man” and never betray Stannis, however given he is the acting hand of the king I would certainly think Stannis would expect Davos to do his duty. (Which is whatever Stannis requires) 

Oh absolutely. 

On 7/9/2019 at 10:28 PM, sweetsunray said:

He has knightly lands, not lordly ones.

I mean technically now he is a lord they are "lordly lands".

Littlefinger's tiny parcel of lands are "Lordly Lands" as he is a Lord. The Knight of Ninestars has a bunch of rich lands, but they are still "knightly". The Connnington's were lords, now knights, and while they had land taken from them their castle didn't shrink in size.

What lands and keeps Lords and Knights have varies wildly. Compare the Lord of Bear Island to the Lord of Whiteharbour for example.

If all worked out as Lord of the Rainwood he would probably be inserted between Stannis and a bunch of minor nobles collecting their taxes. With his cut he'd likely upgrade or build a new keep to reflect his status.

19 hours ago, GallowsKnight said:

I mean technically now he is a lord they are "lordly lands".

Littlefinger's tiny parcel of lands are "Lordly Lands" as he is a Lord. The Knight of Ninestars has a bunch of rich lands, but they are still "knightly". The Connnington's were lords, now knights, and while they had land taken from them their castle didn't shrink in size.

What lands and keeps Lords and Knights have varies wildly. Compare the Lord of Bear Island to the Lord of Whiteharbour for example.

If all worked out as Lord of the Rainwood he would probably be inserted between Stannis and a bunch of minor nobles collecting their taxes. With his cut he'd likely upgrade or build a new keep to reflect his status.

As Lord of the Rainwood he can probably get revenue from cutting wood and is free to hunt in it. 

Archived