NBA Off-Season 2019 - Bridge Over the River Kawhi

Relic

Here I am all excited to watch Denver-Portland.  And it is a great back and forth game.  But Jesus, I have never seen so many offensive foul calls in my life.  The refs are swallowing the whistle on shots but calling every little push they can.  And it isn't going one way, both teams can't get into an offensive rhythm with all these damn whistles.

51 minutes ago, David Selig said:

Kawhi's passing and playmaking look much improved so far this year, and that was the only somewhat weak part of his game. If this holds up and he stays healthy, the Clippers will be clear favourites for the title.

Yup. I think he’s the clear top dog now, and he didn’t just take LeBron’s crown. He’s taking his city too. The Clippers have looked really good so far and they’ve got a top 10ish player laying in wait. That said, the Lakers could be vastly overrated and the Warriors are going to struggle this year.

29 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:

Really shows how impressive the Spurs are with regards to their sustained success. Its not like the Warriors were doing well before the injury either. 

Eh, the Spurs have never been this top heavy though. The Warriors are capped out with their second best player out for the year. They also, ya know, lost the best player on the planet, and their two best rotation players. I said in the offseason they weren’t making the playoffs. People always forget that their real weapon was their defense, and that’s completely gone as of now.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Eh, the Spurs have never been this top heavy though. The Warriors are capped out with their second best player out for the year. They also, ya know, lost the best player on the planet, and their two best rotation players. I said in the offseason they weren’t making the playoffs. People always forget that their real weapon was their defense, and that’s completely gone as of now.

I think that's a credit to the Spurs to have not been in that position although I would understand if you would rather take five consecutive finals and three championships. It's not like the Spurs haven't faced adversity with regards to free agency and injuries either. 

47 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:

I think that's a credit to the Spurs to have not been in that position although I would understand if you would rather take five consecutive finals and three championships. It's not like the Spurs haven't faced adversity with regards to free agency and injuries either. 

I think the comps are the Patriots and the Cowboys. The Spurs are like the Patriots, they have sustained success due to being a really well run organization at every level. The Warriors are like the 90’s Cowboys, they caught lightening in bottle, but otherwise were not built to last.

20 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:

I might be mistaken but aren't the Patriots a combination of both? They get to or win the Superb Owl every other year outside of a small barren stretch.

Not exactly. They won three in four years starting in Brady’s second year and then won three of the last five. There was a decade gap in between those runs. I don’t see the warriors mirroring that unless they get a top prospect. Their pick is top 20 protected, so if they’re awful, they’ll have a chance.

On 10/31/2019 at 8:21 AM, Tywin et al. said:

Damn this thread is dead. Anyways, KAT and Embiid got in a wussy fight last night and Curry broke his hand. Warriors, number one pick, collision course. That’s how you jump start your dynasty.  

4 hours ago, Proudfeet said:

Draymond injured as well now. Warriors transitioning to full-on tank mode.

Crazy how the Warriors had no major injuries for years and years, then KD last year, and now they've had what? 4 in their past 7 games (dating back to the Finals last year).

Archived