NBA Off-Season 2019 - Bridge Over the River Kawhi

Relic

So in Motown the 2nd unit additions of Markief Morris, D.Rose are getting plenty of minutes with Blake G. and Reggie J. on IR.

Must say D.Rose has been very impressive, he's extremely efficient and dude can still ball. Looking forward to seeing the team with Drummond, D.Rose, Kennard and Griff all healthy.

They looked good. Outplayed my Bulls other than missing 3s. I've been up and down on my opinions of Rose as a player and a person for his whole career. Currently I'm enjoying this iteration of his playstyle. Still uses some athleticism but much more crafty moves and smart shots.

2 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

They looked good. Outplayed my Bulls other than missing 3s. I've been up and down on my opinions of Rose as a player and a person for his whole career. Currently I'm enjoying this iteration of his playstyle. Still uses some athleticism but much more crafty moves and smart shots.

I'm surprised Denzel Valentine has been so unproductive for you guys. I really thought he was going to a very good pro after watching his career at MSU. He was every bit as impressive as Draymond Green as a Spartan, weird how different players translate from college to pro.

4 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I'm surprised Denzel Valentine has been so unproductive for you guys. I really thought he was going to a very good pro after watching his career at MSU. He was every bit as impressive as Draymond Green as a Spartan, weird how different players translate from college to pro.

Yeah he definitely looked like a keeper in college and I thought he'd become a fringe starter. He was pretty exasperating as a Bull, and I kinda wish he played elsewhere.

On 11/2/2019 at 10:11 AM, Fez said:

Crazy how the Warriors had no major injuries for years and years, then KD last year, and now they've had what? 4 in their past 7 games (dating back to the Finals last year).

The accumulated miles from all those deep playoff runs finally caught up to them.  Probably not coincidentally, LeBron and Love also missed a lot of games last year with injury, although with Love he was definitely held out longer than he needed to be since the Cavs were tanking.

This is amazing. Some guy took the time to track Harden's road performances and correlated them with the quality of the city's strip clubs. TL:DR, he's at his worst in Miami and best at Toronto. Miami has the highest rated strip clubs while Toronto has the lowest. Enjoy.

3 hours ago, briantw said:

Seems to me the problem is he gets too many breaks.

Ouch. 

Its really unfortunate as he was reportedly rounding back into form before this latest setback.

I think that its fair to determine from the examples of PG to Kawhi to Hayward that these serious injuries take at least two years to fully recover from even if they manage to get back on the court after a year. If this holds, KD and Klay will probably also be unable to reach peak form for another year.

19 hours ago, Triskele said:

Fairly brutal start for Portland where I wonder if it's time to worry.  Especially with the West having all of these teams that didn't even make playoffs last year like Dallas, Sacramento, Phoenix, and maybe Minnesota seeming on the upswing.  

Zach Collins out four freaking months with shoulder injury.  They need Nurkic back badly now.  

I think Sacramento has been doing poorly from what I read. They seem to like to fire coaches regardless of their success. Anyway, its still early in the season and all of these teams could fall off the pace. Also, Harden managed to keep Houston alive last year singlehandedly. I'm sure Portland could manage a playoff spot.

I haven't watched any games this season. Can't work up the interest. :unsure:

So Boston will end up with Hayward for 81 games over these 3 yrs of contract 2017-19. They still have him signed for one more year before he become a FA for 2021, dude will be collecting a shit ton of guaranteed money and be a significant cap hit. Gotta be so exasperating for the Celts situation.

Gordon Hayward signed a 4 year / $127,829,970 contract with the Boston Celtics, including $127,829,970 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $31,957,493. In 2019-20, Hayward will earn a base salary of $32,700,690, while carrying a cap hit of $32,700,690 and a dead cap value of $32,700,690.

Yeah Kemba would be my choice over Isiah T or Kyrie so thats progress in their backcourt at least. 

Speaking of progress my Pistons are getting Blake Griffin back for his season debut tomorrow night against Minnesota so hopefully that'll make them more effective. They've held on going 4-6 with him out. Hoping Rose could go to but he's been out a few games lately as well. These guys can still play but Detroit will definitely need to manage minutes with thier 30+ yr olds.

Hayward is only expected to miss 6 weeks, his fracture is pretty minor apparently. Still a shame since he finally looked back to his best before it happened, but it could have been much worse.

Anyway, Doncic has been killing it this year. I can't recall another player who saw this game so well and had these kind of elite ballhandling and passing skills at his age. He doesn't look his age at all, his decisionmaking is unreal. And his stepback 3 is lethal.

29 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Andrew Wiggins, please stop trying to suck me back in. He's been on a tear as of late and is finally rebounding and assisting like we thought he could. 

Might have to bump his contract status from "worst in the league" to "merely bad."

11 minutes ago, briantw said:

Might have to bump his contract status from "worst in the league" to "merely bad."

Nope, Wall still owns that title, and I can think of other worse contracts. The one thing I've always held out on with Wiggins is his coaching situation and it seems like it's finally improved.

Year 1: Coach 1 who doesn't want to be a coach.

Year 2: Coach 2 hates him.

Years 3, 4 and part of 5: Coach 3, worst I've ever seen.

Since Coach 3 was fired, pretty solid player because Coach 4 likes him, wants him to succeed and knows how to get through to him while finally introducing a modern style of basketball. 

16 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Nope, Wall still owns that title, and I can think of other worse contracts. The one thing I've always held out on with Wiggins is his coaching situation and it seems like it's finally improved.

Year 1: Coach 1 who doesn't want to be a coach.

Year 2: Coach 2 hates him.

Years 3, 4 and part of 5: Coach 3, worst I've ever seen.

Since Coach 3 was fired, pretty solid player because Coach 4 likes him, wants him to succeed and knows how to get through to him while finally introducing a modern style of basketball. 

Coaching makes a big difference.  The Cavs were horrendous last year.  This year, basically the same roster, team looks competitive and competent.  I know Love missing most of last year played a part in their struggles, but I read lots of insider stuff about how they didn't even really run an actual offense last year and this season it's night and day.  

Archived