Jump to content
Relic

NBA Off-Season 2019 - Bridge Over the River Kawhi

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, DMC said:

As Magic explains...

The Lakers got fined last year because Magic said in an interview that Giannis would win a ring with the Bucks one day.  It's a made up controversy.

Saw that and agreed with it. NBA tampering rules are a joke.  Jordan can’t make an obvious statement of appreciation, but LeBron can actively recruit another franchise’s cornerstone player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. As if Curry would leave GSW for that shitstorm.

What's the fine? Isnt Jordan worth 1.5 billion or something ridiculous? 

Edited by BigFatCoward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

What's the fine? Isnt Jordan worth 1.5 billion or something ridiculous?

The Lakers got fined 50k for Magic's comments.  So, not much, but still no reason to pointlessly piss off the commish office. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, David Selig said:

Barkley was ridiculously athletic in his prime. Not only was he strong as a bull, but he is also quicker and jumped higher than pretty much any other PF and was known to be completely unstoppable on the fast break.

https://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/17/magazine/headstrong.html

He was also 300 pounds coming out of college, at least by his own account.

https://sports.yahoo.com/charles-barkley-recalls-trying-to-gain-20-lbs--in-2-days-so-the-76ers-wouldn-t-draft-him-175559002.html?y20=1

Interesting, thanks. I'm in the age range most likely to remember players like Barkley and Shaq as being fat, not elite physical specimens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rhom said:

Saw that and agreed with it. NBA tampering rules are a joke.  Jordan can’t make an obvious statement of appreciation, but LeBron can actively recruit another franchise’s cornerstone player.

Didn't the league reform them over the summer, greatly relaxing how they'll be enforced? 

Edited by Tywin et al.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, briantw said:

This feels like the non-story of all non-stories.  

It is. Also worth noting that the pettiest man in sports was just being the pettiest man in sports. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here I am all excited to watch Denver-Portland.  And it is a great back and forth game.  But Jesus, I have never seen so many offensive foul calls in my life.  The refs are swallowing the whistle on shots but calling every little push they can.  And it isn't going one way, both teams can't get into an offensive rhythm with all these damn whistles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jimmy Butler's first game in Miami: DNP, Personal Reasons. Already, dude?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wild win for the Wolves over the Nets. Kyrie was insane and KAT had a monster game, yet despite that, it was Wiggins, who was -26 on the night, that was the hero coming up huge late in the fourth and in overtime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll just leave this here...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kawhi's passing and playmaking look much improved so far this year, and that was the only somewhat weak part of his game. If this holds up and he stays healthy, the Clippers will be clear favourites for the title.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, David Selig said:

Kawhi's passing and playmaking look much improved so far this year, and that was the only somewhat weak part of his game. If this holds up and he stays healthy, the Clippers will be clear favourites for the title.

 

Yup. I think he’s the clear top dog now, and he didn’t just take LeBron’s crown. He’s taking his city too. The Clippers have looked really good so far and they’ve got a top 10ish player laying in wait. That said, the Lakers could be vastly overrated and the Warriors are going to struggle this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn this thread is dead. Anyways, KAT and Embiid got in a wussy fight last night and Curry broke his hand. Warriors, number one pick, collision course. That’s how you jump start your dynasty.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really shows how impressive the Spurs are with regards to their sustained success. Its not like the Warriors were doing well before the injury either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:

Really shows how impressive the Spurs are with regards to their sustained success. Its not like the Warriors were doing well before the injury either. 

Eh, the Spurs have never been this top heavy though. The Warriors are capped out with their second best player out for the year. They also, ya know, lost the best player on the planet, and their two best rotation players. I said in the offseason they weren’t making the playoffs. People always forget that their real weapon was their defense, and that’s completely gone as of now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Eh, the Spurs have never been this top heavy though. The Warriors are capped out with their second best player out for the year. They also, ya know, lost the best player on the planet, and their two best rotation players. I said in the offseason they weren’t making the playoffs. People always forget that their real weapon was their defense, and that’s completely gone as of now.

I think that's a credit to the Spurs to have not been in that position although I would understand if you would rather take five consecutive finals and three championships. It's not like the Spurs haven't faced adversity with regards to free agency and injuries either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:

I think that's a credit to the Spurs to have not been in that position although I would understand if you would rather take five consecutive finals and three championships. It's not like the Spurs haven't faced adversity with regards to free agency and injuries either. 

I think the comps are the Patriots and the Cowboys. The Spurs are like the Patriots, they have sustained success due to being a really well run organization at every level. The Warriors are like the 90’s Cowboys, they caught lightening in bottle, but otherwise were not built to last.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might be mistaken but aren't the Patriots a combination of both? They get to or win the Superb Owl every other year outside of a small barren stretch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:

I might be mistaken but aren't the Patriots a combination of both? They get to or win the Superb Owl every other year outside of a small barren stretch.

Not exactly. They won three in four years starting in Brady’s second year and then won three of the last five. There was a decade gap in between those runs. I don’t see the warriors mirroring that unless they get a top prospect. Their pick is top 20 protected, so if they’re awful, they’ll have a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×