The Drunk Thread: This Thread Was Rapid!

A True Kaniggit

7 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Did someone say sambucca?

God damn does the mention of sambuca get me nostalgic.  One of my favorite nights ever - was living in the dorms at American University and it was the end of the academic year, so guess I was probably about to turn 19.  One of my closest friends had a (non-identical) twin coming down with a bunch of shrooms.  About a dozen of us just went crazy, ended up on the roof of the tallest building on campus where we'd go quite a bit even though there's a clearing where we could, ya know, die. 

Anyway, when I trip I also drink and get high like Jim Morrison, it gets to be an insatiable urge.  One of the friends I just referred to had a predilection for sambuca, so it was going around.  I cut it with shitty vodka and drank a shitload.  And we all just ran around the quad, everybody on campus was fucked up that night.  One of the fondest memories I have of AU, or DC in general.

• 2 weeks later...

This seems the most appropriate place to post right now, to cover a multitude of topics. 

My oldest cat stole some of my grilled chicken when my back was turned for like 20 seconds! Like, I’m not even angry. She’s a little ninja. 

Been playing some Crusader Kings II. I’ve created a strong Dutch Nation in Central Europe called Holland. The Dutch shall rule all!

And it feels like it’s time for a haircut. Number 2 self-buzz here we go!

Also some jerkoff drank a shit-ton of my whiskey.  Oh wait........

I haven’t been drinking but did see a friend yesterday (I had soda and lime as I was driving) who has taken to drinking gin and tonics.

How do people abide gin?, it has to be about the most disgusting spirit there is, even tequila has some redeeming qualities compared to that sickly juniper scented puke inducer, it wasn’t called mothers ruin in the 18th century for nothing :P.

If I’m going to drink, give me a decent vodka, straight from the freezer any day.

11 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

it has to be about the most disgusting spirit there is, even te

I never tried gin (not really popular where I live) but is it more disgusting than rum? I was invited over by my neighbors to a rum-watermelon bowle and I could taste the alc in it. I don't no what tasted worse the bowle itself or the in white rum poured pieces of watermelon. I couldn't bring myself to finish one glass.

Also the tastiness of alcohol is also determited by its consumer. I often get some weird glares when I mention I enjoy Jägermeister. I just love my Jäger-Fanta! (Is Jägermeister a thing in the US or in other countries?)

Sorry for bad writting its hard to write in a not native language while beeing a little bit drunk

10 hours ago, Karneol said:

I never tried gin (not really popular where I live) but is it more disgusting than rum? I was invited over by my neighbors to a rum-watermelon bowle and I could taste the alc in it. I don't no what tasted worse the bowle itself or the in white rum poured pieces of watermelon. I couldn't bring myself to finish one glass.

Also the tastiness of alcohol is also determited by its consumer. I often get some weird glares when I mention I enjoy Jägermeister. I just love my Jäger-Fanta! (Is Jägermeister a thing in the US or in other countries?)

Sorry for bad writting its hard to write in a not native language while beeing a little bit drunk

I’d say it’s more disgusting than rum yes, oddly I’m with you on Jagermeister I quite like it, but it  has to be on its own for me, in the UK Jagerbombs are a thing so it’s a shot of Jagermeister in a shot glass inside a bigger glass with Red Bull in it, I don’t think it goes that well with Red Bull to be honest.

43 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I’d say it’s more disgusting than rum yes, oddly I’m with you on Jagermeister I quite like it, but it  has to be on its own for me, in the UK Jagerbombs are a thing so it’s a shot of Jagermeister in a shot glass inside a bigger glass with Red Bull in it, I don’t think it goes that well with Red Bull to be honest.

I tried Jäger-Energy(I don't know which exactly) once but I think the Energy lets the Jäger taste perish.

A friend of mine tried Jäger-Energy-Wodka and now is about to vomit if someone opens a can of Energy in the same room.

Like I said before I recommend Jäger-Fanta. Its sweeter than Jäger on its own but the Jäger spices it up. I heard that Jäger-Coke is also a good combination but I never tried it personally.

4 minutes ago, Karneol said:

I tried Jäger-Energy(I don't know which exactly) once but I think the Energy lets the Jäger taste perish.

A friend of mine tried Jäger-Energy-Wodka and now is about to vomit if someone opens a can of Energy in the same room.

Like I said before I recommend Jäger-Fanta. Its sweeter than Jäger on its own but the Jäger spices it up. I heard that Jäger-Coke is also a good combination but I never tried it personally.

I’ve always thought Jager doesn’t work that well as a proper mixed drink, although it could be ok with coke I guess?.

I’m usually more a vodka and tonic or white wine kind of girl, well I am when I rarely get to go on a night out and enjoy a few drinks these days.

Jaeger has the reputation of the party drink over here. Im not sure i have ever actually tried it though. I think working in bars and experiencing the awful stickiness and cloyingly sweet smell of it while sober (while pouring for others) puts me off

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Jaeger has the reputation of the party drink over here. Im not sure i have ever actually tried it though. I think working in bars and experiencing the awful stickiness and cloyingly sweet smell of it while sober (while pouring for others) puts me off

It’s certainly far nicer than gin!, for some reason it reminds me of cough medicine.

Well, over indulged in a bunch of shots of homemade cello, and it's got me all sorts of jammed up. My friend makes like a dozen different flavors, and they're all unreal. Still at it, but Sunday is going to suck for a while...

On 8/23/2019 at 2:57 AM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

How do people abide gin?, it has to be about the most disgusting spirit there is, even tequila has some redeeming qualities

Ghggh.  Gin.  Alone, it was vile.  But It mixes well.   The Cocktail Kid has surprisingly found himself replacing the gin bottle almost as often as the white rum mothership. 

On 8/23/2019 at 2:55 PM, Karneol said:

I just love my Jäger-Fanta! (Is Jägermeister a thing in the US or in other countries?)

Sorry for bad writting

I diagrammed your sentences and they were fine.    This isn't a thing anyone else does, but I like the way the Jager spreads through Smirnoff Ice beer like a dark spider of sleazy contamination.

On 8/24/2019 at 4:51 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

Jaeger the awful stickiness and cloyingly sweet smell of it puts me off

That's the charming old world medicinal quality of 436,814 herbal ingredients combining to heal whatever ailed you back then, not to say you're a vampire with that kind of longevity.  It tastes like more of a health food liquor.   I don't know if it's gluten-free though because if you toss everything in there gluten might well be part of the process.   Unfortunately we'll never know because we stopped caring 10 seconds ago.

It's the summer of the pina colada.

4 hours ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Ghggh.  Gin.  Alone, it was vile.  But It mixes well.   The Cocktail Kid has surprisingly found himself replacing the gin bottle almost as often as the white rum mothership. 

Each to their own, I know it’s a very popular drink I just can’t stand it on its own or mixed, unfortunately as I tend to order a vodka and tonic when I go out, bar staff often confuse it with gin and tonic, in most circumstances if someone messed up my drink order I’d have that one and not make them change it but with gin I’m up there getting it swapped as soon as I’ve had a sip.

I’m aware I’m fast going to be removed from Helena’s Christmas card list for these comments :P.

17 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

it's funny being drunk and posting, what it's not funny is not being able to dance or sing or do whatever whhile you are in this state

just drank 5 cups of rum and cola

Are you claiming there are times it's inappropriate to sing and dance while drunk? That doesn't make a lick of sense!

Though I don't think what I do qualifies as dancing. It's more like a flail.

Archived