The Drunk Thread: This Thread Was Rapid!

A True Kaniggit

4 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Hen night = bachelorette party. 

I learned something new! Thank you for the added information.

In thanks I’ll take upon myself 25% of your hangover effects. 

“Concentrates really hard”

Did it work? Do you feel at least a little better?

:lmao:Thank you for your kindness, it was on Friday night so I was fully recovered by about 5pm yesterday.

I should have added bachelorette party in for our American posters, I really have no excuse not to being half American myself :P, I know we have some different terms for stuff than American English that you guys find weird.

Been pretty lucky the past few weeks and managed to grab a handful of harder to find (at least in NC) bottles.

A store I frequent got a Willett shipment in not too long ago.  I didn't get there in time for the Pot Still or Johnny Drum, but I did get Noah's Mill, Rowan's Creek, Kentucky Vintage, and Old Bardstown.  I'm fairly certain they're all variations of the same bourbon, as they have a similar flavor profile that stands out and is unique from a lot of bourbons I've had.  All four are very good.  

Yesterday I went to a store just over the border in South Carolina and found bottles of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof and Henry McKenna Single Barrel behind the counter.  The McKenna has been MIA for months now after winning best whiskey at that San Francisco competition, so it was nice to actually be able to try a bottle of it.  Obviously this is a different barrel than the one that won the award, but either way it's a damn good bourbon.  It reminds me a bit of an Irish whiskey in the smell and feel of it.  Really enjoyable.

The Elijah Craig Barrel Proof is just delightful.  It punches you in the mouth and lingers forever.  Regular Elijah Craig is my favorite cheap bourbon (aka under thirty bucks), and the Barrel Proof is a great elevation of it.  

This one isn't hard to find, but I also got a bottle of Old Forester 1920 a couple weeks ago and it's become my new favorite sipper.  I highly recommend it.  

I'm not drunk. Yet anyway. But I have discovered the joy of hard seltzers and find them incredibly refreshing. I've only tried the Truly brand so far though. Has anyone else had these? How do the other brands stack up?

I forgot to post here on Saturday night but me and my mother (yes) got drunk together, first on cocktails (zombies), then i believe there was tequila, and finally gin. Will need to revisit that bar a bit more sober though, as i really liked the pineapple and ginger gin and will need to try it again 

22 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I forgot to post here on Saturday night but me and my mother (yes) got drunk together, first on cocktails (zombies), then i believe there was tequila, and finally gin. Will need to revisit that bar a bit more sober though, as i really liked the pineapple and ginger gin and will need to try it again 

You are forgiven this oversight, for I am a benevolent Creator. (of the Drunk Thread)

On your mixing of drinks, I have less tolerance however.

Do you have the stomach of a Goddess? I quit mixing stuff in my early 20's after the first few times I got sick, Never again Tequila. Never again.

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

You are forgiven this oversight, for I am a benevolent Creator. (of the Drunk Thread)

Do you have the stomach of a Goddess? I quit mixing stuff in my early 20's after the first few times I got sick, Never again Tequila. Never again.

I’m still early twenties, so hopefully i am forgiven?

Mothership is in her fourties though and really should know better

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I always have a handle of gin and a handle of whiskey in my freezer and I switch off drinking them.  And I'm 34.  :dunno:  I agree though when I'm at bars I'll usually stick to one thing, at most maybe 2 - don't go crazy drinking buncha different stuff like I used to.

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

There's nothing to be forgiven.

Everyone must learn their own limits.

Though not tequila. Never tequila.

9 minutes ago, DMC said:

I always have a handle of gin and a handle of whiskey in my freezer and I switch off drinking them.  And I'm 34.  :dunno:  I agree though when I'm at bars I'll usually stick to one thing, at most maybe 2 - don't go crazy drinking buncha different stuff like I used to.

I've never drunken gin. Maybe it's close enough to whiskey where it doesn't cause problems.

I just remember that when I was younger me and my friends were ignorant enough to drink whiskey with vodka, or whiskey with tequila. It didn't take long to learn how that is not a good idea. For me at any rate. I suppose others could have rolled a higher Fortitude (wait, would Fortitude or Constitution be the roll in this instance?) than I did.

19 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Heh...well, sometimes one's forever-under-the-impression-that-one-is-28-mind needs to be reminded that one's body is, in fact, no longer 28;)

And, if only occurring occasionally, this can be a very good and fun reminder:cheers:

As far as recent partaking goes, I will mention that the flask of Bulleit Rye that I brought along on a recent trip to the Boundary Waters was a big hit on the third day of the journey.  It wasn't enough to get drunk - but a welcome respite nonetheless.  I know all of us remarked that we would kill for a cold beer at several points...but packing beer along would have been quite impractical:) 

I was a big fan of Long Island Ice Tea when I was younger.  A shot each of vodka, rum, tequila, gin and triple sec, along with a little lime and coke.  It tastes a lot better than it sounds, although that's still only "pretty ok", rather than genuinely tasty. 

I haven't had one in several years; these days I mostly stick to gin and tonic or vodka and juice if I'm drinking liquor (which is rare).  But some part of me is still nostalgic at the thought of another LIIT. 

6 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I was a big fan of Long Island Ice Tea when I was younger.  A shot each of vodka, rum, tequila, gin and triple sec, along with a little lime and coke.  It tastes a lot better than it sounds, although that's still only "pretty ok", rather than genuinely tasty. 

Long Island Iced Teas are definitely a summer drink for me, really enjoy em.  At the dive I frequent I'll get a "pitcher" (really only like 24 ounces but it's still a really good deal), and this place called Burgatory (guess what they specialize in?) makes fucking awesome Long Islands - insanely delicious.  I will be getting one in a few hours after my buddy finishes his diss defense.

56 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I haven't had one in several years; these days I mostly stick to gin and tonic or vodka and juice if I'm drinking liquor (which is rare).  But some part of me is still nostalgic at the thought of another LIIT. 

My cocktail of choice :cheers: I really enjoy them. People always assume it's because it has the most alcohol in it but I genuinely enjoy them.

had a variation called Swedish Ice Tea once which was really good, can't recall what was in it different though. I know it was lemonade rather than coke (as the end result was turquoise) which is probably why I enjoyed it more 

22 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

My cocktail of choice :cheers: I really enjoy them. People always assume it's because it has the most alcohol in it but I genuinely enjoy them.

had a variation called Swedish Ice Tea once which was really good, can't recall what was in it different though. I know it was lemonade rather than coke (as the end result was turquoise) which is probably why I enjoyed it more 

Where is the blue color coming from?  There aren't a lot of blue drinks to use as mixers. 

3 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Where is the blue color coming from?  There aren't a lot of blue drinks to use as mixers. 

Blue curacao, that much i remember. 

Tbh its a pretty safe bet that any blue cocktail has that in in my experience

Archived