The Drunk Thread: This Thread Was Rapid!

A True Kaniggit

Grabbed a bottle of Redbreast 12 Cask Strength today.  Big fan of regular Redbreast 12, so this one has been on my radar for a while, but it's not sold in ABC stores in my state.  I found it in a store in South Carolina earlier today and pulled the trigger.

It's...really goddamn good.  It tastes like Frosted Cheerios plus bitter oak, and it lingers on your tongue forever.  It's amazing what a difference the extra 15% alcohol makes.  Regular Redbreast is such a light, easy drinker.  The Cask Strength punches you with oak, spice, and vanilla.  I don't get that heavy cream texture I get with the standard 12, but this is just a wonderful whiskey that I want to keep drinking more of.

the Rhode Island Red.     The beverage, not the chicken.   Though the drink is red, and the chickens are well known, so i wonder if the drink got its name from jokes about killing and drinking the chickens.  Anyway, took a while to gather the ginger beer and raspberries, then tequila, lemon, simple syrup, orange bitters, mint sprig, and for the chambord i used raspberry juice.   Twas just a beverage after all that, but a nice one, and FINALLY a decent way to get rid of Tequila besides just downing it straight.

I liked the Black Eyed Susan, Romulan Ale, English highball, sloppy joe #2, bloody bloody mary, and blue wave.   

Up next is the mai tai and the Hoosier Heritage   (1.5oz knob creek, .5 maple syrup, .5oz lemon, 1 apple cider, rosemary sprig (wtf))

Oh, and i hear you about sounding far too sober when i post here.   So that doesn't by itself qualify as a funny bit?   Okay, Will work on that.  It's just, when i do drink, my first impulse isn't to go on the internet.   You know?  Not just out of cautiousness but also it's like, why.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

The turkey has been prepared. Just have to throw it in the oven in the morning. (was too lazy to deep fry it this time)

Now all there is to do is make the Mac n cheese and mashed potatoes.  Other people can make everything else. 

AMerican cuisine makes me weep

Went out for a tipple or two after work on friday and ended up drinking flavoured vodka instead of my usual gin. Tried three - mandarin, blackcurrant and watermelon. All very fine tasting drinks, with the watermelon reminding me of summer from the smell alone. The blackcurrant was my favourite though. May have to try these in place of gin more often.

(my mixer was a soda water by the way, so i could actually taste the vodka rather than a sugary nothingness that comes from mixing with lemonade)

25 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Went out for a tipple or two after work on friday and ended up drinking flavoured vodka instead of my usual gin. Tried three - mandarin, blackcurrant and watermelon. All very fine tasting drinks, with the watermelon reminding me of summer from the smell alone. The blackcurrant was my favourite though. May have to try these in place of gin more often.

(my mixer was a soda water by the way, so i could actually taste the vodka rather than a sugary nothingness that comes from mixing with lemonade)

Aaah, black currant. I have them growing in my backyard. I use them for making a truly delightful jam. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

...so it seems everyone went on the wagon for the new decade...

...never let it be said a sniffer refused to raise the flag and storm the battlements with a bottle of Tito's in one hand, a bottle of Mescal in the other, ready to fight for the worm

:smoking:

10 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

...so it seems everyone went on the wagon for the new decade...

...never let it be said a sniffer refused to raise the flag and storm the battlements with a bottle of Tito's in one hand, a bottle of Mescal in the other, ready to fight for the worm

:smoking:

Post above yours :smoking:.

As Kamina said. "Just who in the hell do you think I am?"

I’ve not had an alcoholic drink since NYE/day and even then it was only a little dropsicle. Intending to remedy this on Saturday when i have a long overdue catchup with an old friend. What tipple should i go for though? Hmmm....

On 1/20/2020 at 4:05 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

I’ve not had an alcoholic drink since NYE/day and even then it was only a little dropsicle. Intending to remedy this on Saturday when i have a long overdue catchup with an old friend. What tipple should i go for though? Hmmm....

ok i'll ask...what is a dropsicle...

for a long gab session i say stick with something refreshing - long island ice tea

and since tonight is below freezing here on the beach, i am drinking homemade brandy wine and watching the Lion in Winter

2 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

ok i'll ask...what is a dropsicle...

for a long gab session i say stick with something refreshing - long island ice tea

and since tonight is below freezing here on the beach, i am drinking homemade brandy wine and watching the Lion in Winter

Just a way of saying a drink, usually alcoholic, that my family tend to use.

Good call on long island ice tea. The bar we are going to does a more refreshing lemonade based variety which i will probably go for, not being a huge fan of cola.

I'm looking to buy a bottle of bourbon for a friend. I've never cared for the stuff so I'm looking for a recommendation.  Looking for something around 100 bucks and that will be available at a local liquor store (it's a reasonably big store, but not huge).  Thoughts?

19 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I'm looking to buy a bottle of bourbon for a friend. I've never cared for the stuff so I'm looking for a recommendation.  Looking for something around 100 bucks and that will be available at a local liquor store (it's a reasonably big store, but not huge).  Thoughts?

If you're gonna drop $100 on a brown liquor, I'd go with scotch.  But if he/she is set on bourbon, I'd go with a good bottle of Michter's.  Although looking it up the standard bottle is gonna be around 50 bucks while their special bottle is about 250.  Apparently there's no middle class bottle available.  Won't someone please think of the bourgeoisie alcoholics!

Archived