The Drunk Thread: This Thread Was Rapid!

A True Kaniggit

7 hours ago, Triskele said:

I'd like to know if you did this while semi-inebriated?

Definitely more than semi.  I'm pretty familiar with Rawls, or at least the Theory of Justice, so it was just a matter of checking the reading and being like "yep, here are the 4-5 points I should emphasize/articulate."  If it was something I was less familiar with, yeah, I would need to be in a better state mentally.

That's a good question, have no idea.  But you're definitely right, at least for me personally.  Whenever I have to do anything I don't wanna do, there's always an internal reasoning telling me why I should do it - and most of the time it's a reward of some sort.  EG, finish the powerpoint, then you can take a grav bong hit or two.  I want to say that's more our "lizard brain," because I think it's kind of a survival mechanism, but fuck if I know.

2 hours ago, Triskele said:

I was seriously fucking pissed, but I have this nagging doubt like maybe I'm overreacting.  

Did you you say anything, or just let it go? I usually just let it go. 

My sister once sent back her Dr. Pepper because it wasn’t “fresh enough” before the food arrived. If you’re gonna complain, at least do it after the food is in front of us. 

23 hours ago, Triskele said:

They end to do it on the edge of the glass, so they're not going out of their way to get the juice into the beer, but inevitably if they just stack it on there some lime juice gets in there.  So I politely order one of these with no lime per usual, and then a guy brings me one with the lime on there.  I then politely ask if I could get one with no lime (so I've already not received what I ordered).  The guy then just takes the lime off of the glass and walks away like now we're good and also like I maybe was not aware that I could just take the lime off was an option.  

I was seriously fucking pissed, but I have this nagging doubt like maybe I'm overreacting.  

Yeah it annoys me that I'll often get a lime with my whiskey/bourbon and coke.  Usually I'll just take it off myself and try to remember to ask without one on the next drink.  What really grind my gears is - as you mentioned this guy didn't do - when they put it in the drink and I have to fish it out after the juice has already gotten in there.  

Anyway, yeah, if I did bother to ask for a drink without a lime, and that was all that the server/bartender did in response, that's a pretty clear dick move that's cutting into your tip.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I'm out of lager. Loads of spirits and wine but not really my thing. Hope the supermarket is ok tonight otherwise my weekend is ruined. 

that is terrible!!

out here in DC things have become completely lawless regarding alcohol sales. later today or tomorrow a friend from a local brewery will be delivering me a case of beer.

but, honestly I am trying not to drink too heavy during this crisis. no need to undo the 12 pounds I lost recently from improving my diet and cutting the booze down massively. 

How are we on one page for the last two months?  Doesn't anyone know how to prep?

I went and played some disc golf with friends today.  Medium Mike and I had that one electric moment where we broke social distancing rules, but maybe it was it was from the Crown Royale I happened to find in my bag. 

Then I got home and hit the box wine.  That's all gone now so I opened a Cotes de Rhone.  Might just open a bottle of bubbly later since it's probably my birthday in Japan by now and my parents called today to wish me happy birthday and said that while they just got back from my brother's to see the grandkids, people don't want to get together right now.

On 3/27/2020 at 1:40 AM, DMC said:

I dread this day, probably about two weeks away.

Don’t be me. Preempt this disaster if at all possible.

I finally had a reason to go shopping yesterday (had to get dog food) and got more Jameson while I was out. 

Back in business.

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I thought the only appropriate time to drink canned beer was while fishing?

The only appropriate time to drink canned beer is when crawling through a desert, while vultures circle overhead, and Death is crooking a long bony finger at you. Then you may open that canned beer without guilt.

6 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I thought the only appropriate time to drink canned beer was while fishing?

5 hours ago, maarsen said:

The only appropriate time to drink canned beer is when crawling through a desert, while vultures circle overhead, and Death is crooking a long bony finger at you. Then you may open that canned beer without guilt.

Clearly not from a UK council estate

Archived