The Drunk Thread: This Thread Was Rapid!

A True Kaniggit

9 hours ago, chuck norris 42 said:

Is there any drink that actually solves problems instead of postpones them ?

Yeah, cyanide....

... not that I'd really suggest that. I prefer drinks that make make problems look silly, so I can laugh at them, for a while at least. I find absinthe especially good for that :cheers:

On 4/4/2020 at 3:50 AM, Triskele said:

A friend of mine was saying that Heineken in a can somehow magically tastes way better than Heineken in a bottle.  Anyone else notice this strange phenomenon?  

I think this is like warm sick being marginally more palatable than cold sick.

On 4/4/2020 at 5:34 PM, A True Kaniggit said:

I thought the only appropriate time to drink canned beer was while fishing?

On 4/4/2020 at 6:54 PM, maarsen said:

The only appropriate time to drink canned beer is when crawling through a desert, while vultures circle overhead, and Death is crooking a long bony finger at you. Then you may open that canned beer without guilt.

This is 20th century stuff, and the world has moved on! 

Cans are lighter than bottles and aluminum is more efficiently recycled than glass*-- and the last decade has seen an explosion of delicious canned options out there.  At home you can pour it into a glass!   They are for more than when you need to pack them into the backcountry now.

"Cans are bad" is an outdated stigma!

*Although I'm sure aluminum mining isn't exactly environmentally friendly.

----

I'm enjoying some Goose Island cans this afternoon while cleaning up the yard.

Well, after the Red Woman's virtual happy hour yesterday the rest of the night was hazy at best.  Kind of surprised to log in now and see no notifications.  I must have been well behaved?

• 2 weeks later...

Been really digging this Japaneses whiskey, Hibiki. Obviously I did not get the $6,500 bottle. Holy shit. But $75 wasn't too bad I guess.

I just wish I would drink it more slowly. Oh well, been a good boy today.

And with that, I pour a glass of scotch, Belvadine, pack a bowl, with by the way too much kief, I have so much more of it than weed at this point, and call it a night once I find something completely forgettable on Netflix. 

So my dry spell without liquor in this ridiculously antiquated Quaker-based state last about two weeks and two days.  Got my way overpriced shipment of gin and whiskey this morning.  Now utilizing.  :commie:

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

So my dry spell without liquor in this ridiculously antiquated Quaker-based state last about two weeks and two days.  Got my way overpriced shipment of gin and whiskey this morning.  Now utilizing.  :commie:

Huzzah! Hurrah! Huzzah! Hurrah!

(Watch out for that first day back though. It can be a doozy.)

Yeah. Funny that it was the owner's GF that liked it while he was full grumpy cat (He's a close friend, as is the other guy). We're in a 4 bed, 2 1/2 bathroom one level with a huge basement that has some music equipment in it. I may have hooked my laptop up to some of it.

:devil:

Archived