The Drunk Thread: This Thread Was Rapid!

A True Kaniggit

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

Sounds awesome up until the part about the plastic tree.  Since I can remember my parents have always had two trees - one real, one plastic.  One of the main perks of moving to Pittsburgh was my brother and I had a built-in excuse not to visit for Thanksgiving weekend when my mom would invariably ask us to get the plastic tree out of the attic, put it together, and help decorate it.

The booze helps.

Is the task any less shitty? No.

But do I care as much? Also no.

Bought a bottle of WB Saffell earlier today.  It's a release from Wild Turkey and it's probably the best bottle of bourbon I've ever had from them, and that includes one of their Master's Keep releases (Cornerstone Rye) and a boatload of Russell's Reserve and Kentucky Spirit store picks.  

It's a bit pricy at around $50 for a 375mL bottle, but this is the second bottle I've bought now and I would definitely buy a third.

We did an entire mountain range of laundry today, and took in a massive grocery delivery too -- until Things Got This Bad Again, we'd been mostly buying from the Farmer's Market.  Weather and crazy infection rates -- as instructed by gov and mayor, we are now Isolating again.

So much finding space to shove put stuff, holy cow, all that hauling, lifting, bending, twisting, bickering cooperation, etc.!  

In all these months of taking grocery deliveries, this is the first time we included ... beer!  After all this and -- dealing with a student who is very miserable for all kinds of justifiable reasons -- was so happy beer was here.  I've drunk two bottles and feel, finally, at peace.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  I may drink one more and watch something.

5 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Why not buy quality lager and budget lager at a 2/10 ratio - start your evenings off with a couple of good'uns, then switch to the cheap stuff when your taste buds have stopped caring?

Exactly what I do. First 2 cans are decent. There is definitely diminishing returns. So why pay for good stuff if it's going to be your 10th drink? 

8 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Why not buy quality lager and budget lager at a 2/10 ratio - start your evenings off with a couple of good'uns, then switch to the cheap stuff when your taste buds have stopped caring?

Yeah this is what I did too back when I drank beer.

15 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Eh. I’m not partial to vodka. 

I don't drink much vodka either, I was expressing my agreement in drinking whiskey - right now in fact.  It was a Top Gun reference, Goose!

1 minute ago, DMC said:

I don't drink much vodka either, I was expressing my agreement in drinking whiskey - right now in fact.  It was a Top Gun reference, Goose!

My bad.

Drinking Jameson right now. I got the Top Gun reference. Just couldn’t think of a good response, so I made a Grey Goose joke. 

Hell. If I was actually funny, I’d be making money as a comedian. 

1 minute ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Why? What you drinking Maverick?

Due to my intake, it's financially prudent to usually drink the cheapest handle at the store.  Here in Pittsburgh it's Bankers Club.

Archived