The Drunk Thread: This Thread Was Rapid!

A True Kaniggit

House mates are fine. 

As long as they take their shit out of the washer and dryer in a timely manner.

You don’t want your clothes left in a pile somewhere? Then don’t start laundry then leave the house for 8-10 hours. 

Also, learn to wipe your piss off the toilet rim. If that’s a too difficult a task for you, then sit the hell down.

On 4/21/2020 at 1:05 AM, Tywin et al. said:

Been really digging this Japaneses whiskey, Hibiki. Obviously I did not get the $6,500 bottle. Holy shit. But $75 wasn't too bad I guess.

Japanese whisky is great. Hibiki, Yamazaki, Nikka, Ichiro... can't go wrong. Some of their rice whisky's are pretty good too, easy to drink and less expensive (very smooth and light) like Kikori, Ohishi, Fukano. When we were in Japan last year, we spent some stupid money on glasses of the very expensive Nikka/Yamazaki/Ichiro just to try, knowing we would never be able to afford a bottle - they had so much flavor, totally worth it.

Kavalan is probably worth a try for you as well if you haven't. It's Taiwanese and one of my favorite whiskys, in a similar vein to some of the Japanese..

1 hour ago, Mexal said:

Japanese whisky is great. Hibiki, Yamazaki, Nikka, Ichiro... can't go wrong. Some of their rice whisky's are pretty good too, easy to drink and less expensive (very smooth and light) like Kikori, Ohishi, Fukano. When we were in Japan last year, we spent some stupid money on glasses of the very expensive Nikka/Yamazaki/Ichiro just to try, knowing we would never be able to afford a bottle - they had so much flavor, totally worth it.

Kavalan is probably worth a try for you as well if you haven't. It's Taiwanese and one of my favorite whiskys, in a similar vein to some of the Japanese..

I'm just trying to remember what I had in NY. The woman who owned the Air B&B I was staying at had a third of a bottle left, so I gave it a try and decided to drink the thing over the course of a few days after I bought a new bottle of it for her. It was around $50. It also had a similar oaky taste, if that's the right way to describe it (I suck at wine tasting events, it's all the same to me so long as it's not too sweet).

Tried Monkey Shoulder for the first time yesterday and feel like I've been missing out on a really good, fairly cheap scotch.  I've also decided that I will buy a bottle of something, drink half of it, then get something else to stock up my new liquor cabinet.  My wife hates this idea as she's not much of a drinker and is pregnant, but I think it's a great idea to have some variety on hand when we eventually have guests over.  Since I'm doing all the shopping, I get to overrule her this one time, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Last night I allowed myself a gin and tonic, and tonight I'm drinking a beer, for the first time in ages, Collective Arts Brewing Audio/Visual Lager. It was very satisfying. Collective Arts has artists design all their cans, very cool. I had given up drinking back in April when I suspected I had Covid-19. They say drinking makes things worse, and I had been having a glass of wine every night, until I realized I was having very strange dreams and reactions when I drank.

@The Great Unwashed long ago in a different time and place (ie last September) I went to a local Scottish pub to have dinner, a place where they have more than 350 different kinds of scotch, and the fellow next to me ordered a glass of The Glenlivet Delnabo, a 19 year old single cask scotch bottled in 2015. You can't buy it here anywhere. He said it tasted like banana cream pie.

When we get out of this I'm going to order a glass and have it with the haggis, something I have always meant to order.

10 hours ago, Triskele said:

Wait, does mean you're like in a drinking phase?

10 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Naughty BIRD! 

I only had a few today, along with a few whiskeys. 

But I''m trying man. 

8 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

The heebie jeebies are the worst. 

Since I live alone and am not meeting up with friends for dinner, a bottle of wine lasts about 5 or 6 days, which is pretty standard. One bottle of wine = 6 glasses of wine.

But for the 2 to 3 weeks when I was really feeling I had Covid-19, just one glass of wine destroyed my sleep and made me hurt in what seemed to be the area of my kidneys. two nights of that and I pitched out the rest of a very nice cab merlot.

I'm not one who vomits much. Not trying to brag. But I've done so several times now over the last week or two, sometimes with just a small amount to drink. I just did so after taking a shot. 

I really need to stop drinking. 

But because I'm a junkie I'll take another one anyways and smoke some kief, because I can't get any weed.

I guess this is just my life now for the time being. 

38 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'm not one who vomits much. Not trying to brag. But I've done so several times now over the last week or two, sometimes with just a small amount to drink.

Just stop looking in the mirror.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Damn, tried to buy a gift for someone, and tequila is not their thing. This shit is strong. Good though. It's called Casamigos. 

Not the tequila! Anything but the tequila! IT IS EVIL!

Having my first drinks tonight in like 3 weeks. That pizza better get here soon. 

On 6/3/2020 at 12:19 AM, Tywin et al. said:

I'm not one who vomits much. But I've done so several times now over the last week or two, sometimes with just a small amount to drink. I just did so after taking a shot.

What are you, new?

Fairly certain you are older than I am.

Archived