Pictionary 45: The Last Time I Went Camping

honeyed chicken

Fasten your seat belts, pictionary players, a new host (me) is going to take a shot at this thing (and it could get bumpy)! Currently planning to wait till September to start this game.

For newcomers wanting see what the game looks like, here's a post from Buckwheat with past games/images, etc: https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/86671-pictionary-a-collection-of-beautiful-drawings/

The Rules (shamelessly lifted from CB and Pictionary 44)
General

1. Send me a PM entitled Pictionary: *YOUR BOARD NAME* containing a starting sentence.

2. Once we have enough players I'll send you someone else's sentence. You'll have around 72 hours (3 days) to draw (or depict) the sentence and send me a link to it in the PM chain you started in #1.

3. You'll be sent someone else's picture. You'll have 48 hours (2 days) to send me a description of the picture in the PM chain.

4. Watch your DM’s, as I’ll be sending you sentences to draw or pictures to describe in alternating rounds. [DMs? Daily messages?]

5. I'll post all the chains at the end of the game for your amusement.

Sentence rules

Your description should only be one sentence, not a paragraph. I can understand the desire to describe every detail of the drawing, but the interpretation is more important.  Brevity is the soul of wit.

Picture rules

Any kind of visual art which has been completely created by you is great. Most people will either draw on paper and scan it or take a photo.  You can also use digital drawing software such as MS Paint. But feel free to unleash your creativity.

The only restrictions are:

Please keep the images fairly clean. Nothing NSFW, please.  I’m not sure why there even needs to be a rule against Harry Potter's wand, but no accounting for tastes; let’s also stay away from Trump’s Toad.  Imagining it once was enough, thank you.
    Use of letters in drawings is not allowed.
    It must be entirely your own work - there shouldn't be any kind of copying/pasting from google images (though using them as reference material is fine).

Please link me to a PNG or JPG hosted elsewhere (e.g. people often use imgur). Make sure the picture link doesn't give any clues to the image contents or its origins. It should be a size where we can easily see it and should be rotated to be the correct way round. If you go to imgur, upload your picture, then right-click on it, then click View image.

Firsts and lasts are up for you to match!

New theme:

"The Last Time I went Camping . . . "

Send me a sentence about what happened the last time you were in the great outdoors. Maybe it was imaginary, maybe it actually happened? I won't judge. :) Maybe you weren't really accosted by Sasquatch in  Sponge Bob Square Pants pajamas. Because who really knows? And maybe you've never been camping, but give us you're best guess of what might happen if you did.

@The BlackBear @Nazca Barsavi @Turinqui-Calima

A girl will play if we can start soon, and I can also play throughout most of August.

5 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

Oh, I should explain about our theme. I had hoped by now with the show officially done and buried we'd have at the very least a book announcement.

Oh right, you are one of these optimistic people.

Can we also just go off-theme if we don't feel like reading GRRM's leaked chapters?

54 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh right, you are one of these optimistic people.

Can we also just go off-theme if we don't feel like reading GRRM's leaked chapters?

;) Yes, I am . . . just barely. That optimistic feeling is fading fast.

Go off theme? Certainly. :)

Never played before and not sure I'm capable. Plus I've got Camp NaNoWriMo going right now so I'm trying not to get into too many other fun things and get uber-distracted from writing.

If you run short of players, let me know, and I'll give it a shot.

8 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

The thing is, Pebble and I are gone from Aug 13 to Aug 26 ish, for Worldcon and Titancon.

Also, I have never played....

In case you're interested, here is CB's post with sentences and drawings. It can be hilarious how things twist as they go along.https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/153568-calling-all-picts-pictionary-44-a-nightmare-of-spring/&page=12

Just now, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Never played before and not sure I'm capable. Plus I've got Camp NaNoWriMo going right now so I'm trying not to get into too many other fun things and get uber-distracted from writing.

If you run short of players, let me know, and I'll give it a shot.

Thanks! I'll put you on the sub list at the very least. If you're interested, you can look at the link I posted above. It goes to our last game, hosted by CB. The picture and sentence chains are all there. Quite a wide spread of artistic talent.

7 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

Thanks! I'll put you on the sub list at the very least. If you're interested, you can look at the link I posted above. It goes to our last game, hosted by CB. The picture and sentence chains are all there. Quite a wide spread of artistic talent.

I checked out the link and am still a bit confused, but I'm guessing that's normal? 

I'm tickled that you thought to include me. :)

Potential new players: more results of previous games are in the thread linked in my signature.

Honeyed Chicken, can you put that link in the OP too? It is customary that it is there, so people have an idea how it works.

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Potential new players: more results of previous games are in the thread linked in my signature.

Honeyed Chicken, can you put that link in the OP too? It is customary that it is there, so people have an idea how it works.

Done! :)

11 hours ago, Count Balerion said:

And: I shamelessly lifted the rules from Meera, who I guess lifted them from Jez, who I guess lifted them from ... I'm sorry, I'm not sure who was before Jez. Buckwheat? We've been shamelessly lifting since the Dawn of Time.

I shamelessly plagiarized BB 

Archived