Pictionary 45: The Last Time I Went Camping

honeyed chicken

Sorry guys, I'm not seeing seven players to start a game now. Maybe the theme is too meh? I may have to change it. Meanwhile, check back in late August and we'll see if we can get another round going.

3 hours ago, Pebble said:

I already said I can't play until September.

Also I would not go near a spoiler ASOIAF game.  I've not read any spoiler chapters and I've worked very hard not to know anything about them.  Do not ask me to Sub in this game.

Hmmm, you're not the first one that doesn't like this topic, although your dislike is the strongest so far. I was already leaning toward changing, and I guess I'll do that now.

1 hour ago, honeyed chicken said:

Hmmm, you're not the first one that doesn't like this topic, although your dislike is the strongest so far. I was already leaning toward changing, and I guess I'll do that now.

Other people may have being more diplomatic.  there is a reason however that ASOIAF Spoilers are only allowed in certain parts of the board.  Its not a bad topic as long as everyone is aware they may get spoiled if they play or follow the game.   The game needs to be clearly marked as such in the collection of games thread to warn others later.

Some people have very different views on spoilers.   There is no correct one to be had other than Try not to spoil people who are actively trying to avoid them.

Its a good policy not to allow sentences that involve very recent films, especially big ones that have not been released globally.  Using characters or films in other settings is not a problem as its obviously not a spoiler that Harry Potter has 2 wands and is Darth Vader's Daddy.  Its a subjective thing and something you should use your judgement on and if a chain develops in a certain way maybe ask the next person if they are ok with it before sending.

for example in one game I modded.  The Force awakens had just come out in the UK.    Someone misidentified a character as "the Silver Storm trooper lady" and also mentioned another SW character (OT).  It was totally out of context to any films and should be obvious had no relevance to the film (apart from TFA having a Silver Storm Trooper Lady in it).  However Lany had been working very hard to avoid everything SW until she had seen the film.  Lany had not even seen any Movie posters or knew in advance who any of of the actors would be.  Lany considered a description of someone in a the movie poster to be a spoiler, so I had to get the sentence re-described.  I think I asked her something like  "If you have seen the movie posters you will be aware this person is in the film even if you don't know their name.  Other than that the sentence has no relevance to the film,  the sentence also mentions a character from the Original or Prequel Trilogy that may or may not be in the latest film"

If you change theme, make sure everyone who has sent you a themed sentence re-makes theirs.

I however can't play no matter what the theme is until September.

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Yet another Arya ! said:

Now that I'm settled in my new life and I've read ADWD until the end and the first online chapters of TWOW, I'm ready to participate again. :-)

Good!

That makes me wonder if the rest of our crowd is interested in starting now or if they need more time?

@Pebble, @Count Balerion, @Lady Blizzardborn, @Buckwheat, @The BlackBear, @Jez Bell, @rocksniffer, @Annara Snow, @Cridefea, @HelenaExMachina who else should I ask?

On 8/12/2019 at 10:53 AM, Pebble said:

as I have sdaid many times I can't even think about playing until its September.  I have TitanCon and Worldcon.

On 8/12/2019 at 2:42 PM, Buckwheat said:

Nah, I cannot commit to a long game now.

Looks like we wait a few more weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2019 at 4:51 PM, honeyed chicken said:

Good!

That makes me wonder if the rest of our crowd is interested in starting now or if they need more time?

@Pebble, @Count Balerion, @Lady Blizzardborn, @Buckwheat, @The BlackBear, @Jez Bell, @rocksniffer, @Annara Snow, @Cridefea, @HelenaExMachina who else should I ask?

I'm back after being absent from the forum for a while, for no particular reason... but I've never played Pictionary. Could you explain in short how it's played?

The rules are given in the first post; but it boils down to:

Players send weird sentences to host via PM.

Host sends them out to players (each sentence to someone who hasn't seen it before, natch); they draw weird things.

Host sends pictures to players, who describe them.

Rinse and repeat.

So kind of combines Pictionary with Telephone or Gossip.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, let's get this thing started. We need a topic . . .

HOW about this:

GRRM'S NEXT SERIES FEATURING PLANETOS AND ALL THE SAME FAMILIES.

Imagine this: GRRM has finally finished ASOIAF and The Night King and al his icy buddies are either gone or maybe they're not. Jon and Dany won the IT, or maybe they didn't. perhaps Cersei triumphed? Who the heck knows. But now it's time for a new series full of plotting and intrigue.

Send me a sentence describing a scene that could happen in a future GRRM novel with swords, castles, dragons and etc.

I would like to play ... but I am sorry, I don't like the topic ... it has too much potential to go into the spoiler territory for people who haven't seen GOT and haven't read the spoiler chapters. Can we do a non-ASOIAF theme instead?

Archived