Football: Steve the Bruce King of Geordies

3 hours ago, Raja said:

Apparently lo celso is *really* good though.

He is a pretty electric player. Tore Milan a new one in Europa league when I watched. But spurs still haven’t made that official have they? 

Will Martial be playing up the middle at United now?

Okay. If we get Iwobi, I will be happy with this window.

We certainly lacked a plan B with regard to CBs - Zouma was plan A, Smalling and Rojo smelled more of desperation. Thank God someone wanted to sell us Rojo instead of loaning him - I'd rather we went for our youngsters than a CB already proven not to be top half class.

Zaha would have come with a hefty price, and great expectations - and he does have bags of talent - but, as I've stressed more than sixteen times so far, he hasn't shown that he can be a team player rather than a leading man. I do have doubts about his ability there. Iwobi is more in the mould we already have. I approve.

Just praying our defense holds until Christmas..

1 hour ago, Raja said:

Iwobi leaving has hit me harder than Ramsey. I'm big sad. He was one of us.

Edit: And we don't really have anyone that can play for us from the left.

We might be moving to a more 4-3-3. with a front three of Lacazette, Auba and Pepe. And Nelson can play the left.

ETA: this is because of Mhki which sucks though.

If pre season is anything to go by, Rashford will be first choice CF followed by Martial. Solskjaer basically rotated the two of them at CF and LW with Rashford playing more often at CF and Martial on the left. Greenwood or James played on the right in all the games. 

1 hour ago, Mexal said:

We might be moving to a more 4-3-3. with a front three of Lacazette, Auba and Pepe. And Nelson can play the left.

ETA: this is because of Mhki which sucks though.

Yeah - it defo means that Nelson & Saka will get more time, but I dunno how ready either of them are - also, seeing Mhki play for us instead of Iwobi is gonna hurt. It kinda blows because I feel like Iwobi would have been good for us over the next 5 years

8 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Andy Carroll is the most Steve Bruce signing I could imagine. That being said I still have a soft spot for him. When he was fit he was a beast. 

Bringing back Andy Carroll watch! Hodor!

Archived