Football: Steve the Bruce King of Geordies

@Calibandar

Of course they would offload Coutinho after year. Barca fans are not particularly patient (even among football fans). A few not so good games, and they go harder overbord with their cirticism than Soilent :)

So, it's either you ar ewordlclass or your are garbage, thus not good enough and can bugger off.

Funny thought (at least for me it is).

If you threw four pieces of paper into a hat (one British PM, one Newcastle Manager and two blanks) and you let the four of them draw, you would arguably get a better outcome for both positions - or at least no worse.

You wonder why Ashley just doesn't sell up. He'd surely make money on his investment, even after taking the debt into account. EPL clubs are very rare and hot properties these days, and Newcastle has to have bigger upsides and potential than most clubs outside of the top 6. I guess he just doesn't want to give fans the pleasure of seeing him go...

Yeah, Ashley should just sell up. His antics will inevitably result in another relegation and the value of the club will drop. It's also being reported that negotiations for Bruce have hit a snag as Wednesday are demanding much more money for Bruce and his staff than Newcastle had anticipated. 

43 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Yeah, Ashley should just sell up. His antics will inevitably result in another relegation and the value of the club will drop.

Now is the perfect time to sell, really - the club are still in the EPL and without a new manager it would be a blank canvas. And any new buyer would have the fans onside simply because they're not Ashley. If nothing else, the businessman in Ashley should recognise that selling now would help him get maximum value for the club.

Argh! Fucking Shaw limps off with what looked like a hamstring injury after playing less than 40 minutes in the first fucking preseason game. Another season of being subjected to a geriatric 'can't-pass-or-cross' Young at LB. Can't understand why we aren't in for Tierney - this is most likely going to be Youngs last season and Shaw is extremely injury prone. £25m is a reasonable price for Tierney but our board is brain dead when it comes to football. They'll probably try to sign a worse player for 70 million next year. 

7 hours ago, Consigliere said:

No harm in putting in a bid. £25m is a reasonable fee for Tierney. 

ETA. and given Shaw's injury record, Tierney could see plenty of game time and possibly take the #1 spot as well. 

Yo, let us have the one decent signing we're going to make during this window.

1 hour ago, Mark Antony said:

Big yikes at that Maguire fee. Hopefully won’t have to eat my words like everyone did after VVD proved his fee a bargain but I don’t think Maguire is that level at all.

I'm skeptical about the reports of an agreement being reached because only the shit rags have reported it thus far. An article by Wallace, Percy and Ducker in The Telegraph says that United and Leicester remain at an impasse over the fee. But, yeah, if United do reach an agreement then the fee will be at least £80m which is ridiculous for Maguire. You won't have to eat your words because VVD on one leg is twice the player Maguire is. 

28 minutes ago, Raja said:

Yo, let us have the one decent signing we're going to make during this window.

Don't have to worry. That's just my forlorn hope. There's been zero indication that United are interested in signing a LB.

Frankfurt's Haller rumoredly on his way to West Ham.

Fantastic signing for them, if it happens. I thought Haller might end up at a bigger club than West Ham eventually. On the other side, Frankfurt pride (their attack) gets picked apart piece by piece.

Jovic to Real, now Haller to West Ham, only Rebic remains.

Archived