Tennis Volume 8: Is a FedEx delivery coming?

Jeor

Not even a hint of a fightback I'm 2nd set. I've never seen Novak look so... disinterested.

Don't blame him for taking a time out here, really needs to disrupt Rogers rhythm any way he can.

Will he have his brain back on the match? Or can this phase push into the 3rd set?

And the 5th is as good as confirmed, as Roger tightens up the unforced errors (they really are the story of today).

As for the constant conversation of how unhappy Novak is about not being as liked, they're showing exactly why right now.
When Roger gets the better of Novak, Novak gets stroppy; almost like he thinks winning (and popularity) is owed to him (I'm sure he doesn't, but it comes across that way).
When Novak gets the better of Roger (even more so when Rafa gets the better of Roger), you can see him kicking his lips and working out what to do. He visibly loves it.

One of those makes you popular, the other makes you unpopular.
Rafa is much closer to Roger in this in that role his sleeveless up and goes harder, enjoying the challenge.

11 minutes ago, Which Tyler said:

And the 5th is as good as confirmed, as Roger tightens up the unforced errors (they really are the story of today).

I feel like Hagrid.

I should NOT have said that!

ETA: TFFT

8 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

He’s won against a basically 38 year old opponent on the back of 3 tie breakers. 

Yeah, and against the entire stadium. Crowd exploded with joy even when he makes an error. Fuck them!

Archived