U.S. Politics: Pedophilia is Just Acosta Doin' Business

Jace, Extat

2 hours ago, Zorral said:

As per usual DMC is wrong or at least not fully informed

https://www.vox.com/2019/7/16/20696932/nancy-pelosi-trump-tweet-racist-chaoshttps://www.vox.com/2019/7/16/20696932/nancy-pelosi-trump-tweet-racist-chaosEve

Evidently then, one cannot name the president a racist or anything else, only 'his rhetoric' can be called racist.  The rethugs weren't having that either. So, chaos. But it ain't going away.

But in the meantime, Jews Against ICE, along with the immigrant justice group Movimiento Cosecha, shut down the ICE headquarters in D.C.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/immigrant-rights-activists-surround-ice-headquarters-demand-agency-s-closure-n1030456

These are the people we're supposed to "reach across the aisle" and be moderate with? The center has moved farther right. I mean, it must suck to be a Republican who isn't a complete racist to have to associate with this party that insists on white pride all the time. Well, anyway, Pelosi looks like a progressive hero for doing literally next to nothing.

52 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

It’s a pretty standard rule in houses of legislative assembly that certain words are forbidden. A major one in Canada and the UK (I believe) is that you cannot call someone a liar. If you do you’ll get booted out. 

I assume the liar rule is the same in the US?

Wow, I can only imagine if you insult the Queen what happens, or worse call her a liar.

20 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

These are the people we're supposed to "reach across the aisle" and be moderate with? The center has moved farther right. I mean, it must suck to be a Republican who isn't a complete racist to have to associate with this party that insists on white pride all the time. Well, anyway, Pelosi looks like a progressive hero for doing literally next to nothing.

Well, Trump is definitely forcing the Republicans to give the Sieg Heil. Should be useful electorally that minority leader McCarthy has come out as a white nationalist prick. I mean, sure he mentioned Lincoln, which was nice. Unlike Paul Ryan, McCarthy is not even being paid off with tax cuts. He just enjoys being used by the reborn Confederacy. 

12 hours ago, Gertrude said:

They had Liz Cheney make some comments at the GOP new conference. It was cringe. "AOC and friends are wrong on this issue, this one, this one and this one. That's why we oppose them, not because we're racists."  Good for you? Now how about you actually address the tweet people are calling racist. Just the cringiest of non-apologies and obfuscations ever. Ugh - bunch of spineless cowards. Apparently they trotted out Liz because she's the only female R House member in leadership. 

Honestly not even the worst defense I’ve seen of him so far.

I’ve seen people act like he was only targeting Omar in the tweet-which you would have to think Trump sees her as multiple people given he starts off bemoaning these progressive congresswomen and continuesly uses they, their, and them. 

I’ve seen people moan out how it’s really absurd how telling non-whites to go back to where they come  from is “suddenly” grounds for being called racist. 

And then acting obtuse and asking why don’t these Americans citizens go back and fix to their countries even though  3 of them aren’t immigrants.

And even one going as far as that liberals are disgusting for assuming people don’t retain an ounce of their culture once they immigrate to America. 

Carefully omitting again most of the women Trump is criticizing aren’t immigrants.

It’s also interesting to see how some take issue when someone points out Trump’s comments could serve as an indictment of his own administration. 

They demand an explanation on how America could be bad when so many people desire to come here.

At the same time they continuously defend Trump’s statements being right. 

It’s kinda the Perfect example  of doublethink.

22 hours ago, Darzin said:

Some people have decided that since Trump is a threat to liberal democracy, we need to jettison liberal democracy and have a violent revolution... to preserve liberal democracy. 

I guess both sides agree on what needs to be done: jettison liberal democracy, it's just their respective ends that diverge. So guess there's only one thing to do: fight.

46 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Honestly not even the worst defense I’ve seen of him so far.

What made this cringe for me is that it was specifically prepared to address the issue for the party. Most of the comments about it I've seen have been from individuals speaking for themselves. This was a formal setting and presumably Liz spoke for the party and it was a bunch of side-stepping the issue. If you weren't actually going to address it, then it shouldn't have been done at all. It just makes them look spineless. They know they have to address it, but they are too cowardly to be critical of Trump or they are more than happy to promote that language. (but are too cowardly to admit it). It was just such a blatant example of dog and pony show that it hit a disgust button with me.

I wonder if anyone invited Trump to leave the USA since he hated it so much under Obama? Nice to know that for the next Democratic President any time a right winger complains about the USA the Democrats can just play Trump's "if you don't like it you can leave" soundbite on a loop.

Of course leaving is largely what a lot of corporations have been doing with their jobs for quite a while.

8 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Of course leaving is largely what a lot of corporations have been doing with their jobs for quite a while.

They're creating jobs you fucking communist! WHY DO YOU HATE CAPITAL FREEDOM!?!

i’d really love to hear trump or any of the other assorted chuds and nazis picking up this ‘go back and fix your own countries’ shit try to explain exactly what policies led to somalia’s crises. because i’m no genius, but i’m pretty sure socialized health care and education ain’t it 

Just now, a good and nice guy said:

i’d really love to hear trump or any of the other assorted chuds and nazis picking up this ‘go back and fix your own countries’ shit try to explain exactly what policies led to somalia’s crises. because i’m no genius, but i’m pretty sure socialized health care and education ain’t it 

Lack of billionaires to pass down their wealth to folks who stimulate economic growth.

Boom, nailed it!

All this discussion about liberal democracy has me puzzled. I agree with True Métis asking about how you define liberal democracy, because as far as I can tell the US is not a liberal democracy and never has been, except in the minds of white people.

3 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

It’s a pretty standard rule in houses of legislative assembly that certain words are forbidden. A major one in Canada and the UK (I believe) is that you cannot call someone a liar. If you do you’ll get booted out. 

I assume the liar rule is the same in the US?

Nope. Not like it stopped a us politician from calling Obama one on the floor.

its a ridiculous thing to have in place, even more ridiculous to stick up for it when the guy they’re crying about it having it aimed at him is as vulgar as they come and was on top proudly bragging about sexually assaulting women 

Just saw that Jake Tapper invited note neo Nazi and wife beater Richard Spencer on to his show today to talk about Trumps racism. He also cries about antifascists, probably because he’s okay with platforming literal nazis and other violent white supremacists.

what a ball bag.

15 minutes ago, Triskele said:

The NYT has its third "Don't go so far to the left, Dems" column in just a short while, and that's only if you don't count the Maureen Dowd Pelosi to AOC one.  This time it's Thomas Friedman following Stephens and Brooks with a remarkably similar column just spreading it across a few more issues and less on the immigration stance though he does mention that too.  I don't know to what extent newspapers do or do not influence what their opinion columnists write, but that's quite a trend developing. 

It's just copyclick strategy. YouTubers do it, as soon as someone who is linked to you via the algorithm makes a video, you make one as well to get crossclicks. 

Cable media has been stealing the practice for like at least 2 years now, which is amusing because YouTubers got it from cable news' repetitive top-of-the-hour opinion segments by the anchor.

It's really effective. People like to get their preexisting opinion validated and enjoy believing disparate personalities share it, even if the personalities are manufactured for broadest appeal.

33 minutes ago, Triskele said:

The NYT has its third "Don't go so far to the left, Dems" column in just a short while, and that's only if you don't count the Maureen Dowd Pelosi to AOC one.  This time it's Thomas Friedman following Stephens and Brooks with a remarkably similar column just spreading it across a few more issues and less on the immigration stance though he does mention that too.  I don't know to what extent newspapers do or do not influence what their opinion columnists write, but that's quite a trend developing. 

He’s not exactly wrong on his core arguments   Getting rid of private insurance is massively unpopular. So is decriminalizing coming over here without papers. These things only really appeal to the far left who want their revolution now and nothing else. I think the fact Trump got a bump in the polls from the Dem’s last debate show just going left does not equal going the popular approach. 

Which is what the democrats should do.

Focus on the economy, and healthcare. 

Republicans love it when the conversation turns to race and immigration. Because it turns Democrats attention  away from discussing things most voters have to be deeply invested in.

The majority of this country does not heavily care about racism or immigration.  

3 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

He’s not exactly wrong on his core arguments . Getting rid of private insurance is massively unpopular. So is decriminalizing coming over here without papers. These things only really appeal to the far left who want their revolution now and nothing else. I think the fact Trump got a bump in the polls from the Dem’s last debate show just going left does not equal going the popular approach. 

I'd say both you and Triskele are quite right. Dems might not win if they shift too far left and the Left cannot win in the short/medium term. And the Left needs to realise that the NYT isn't their friend and that people like Friedman and Brooks definitely aren't to the Left; heck, I'd say the US Left should consider them as strictly temporary allies of opportunity and not as friends and genuine allies, or even should consider them as just one step better than the current crop of GOP politicians when it comes to a lot of policies.

11 minutes ago, Bonnot OG said:

Just saw that Jake Tapper invited note neo Nazi and wife beater Richard Spencer on to his show today to talk about Trumps racism. He also cries about antifascists, probably because he’s okay with platforming literal nazis and other violent white supremacists.

what a ball bag.

I'm guessing Tapper thinks he can take the guy down hard and grind him into the dirt. The problem is these MSM doofuses think they can take these white supremacists down with no preparation and with both hands tied behind their back, because the white supremacist ideology is patently wrong any semi0intelligent person could take them out. What the MSM reporters don't realise is that the Spencer's of this world have had decades of honing their messaging to make them sound so very reasonable to the unsuspecting average Joe. So it's the interviewer who gets blindsided because they didn't do their research. So a tthe end of the interview Spencer will walk out saying to all his friends "nailed it", and Tapper will be sitting there looking like he's going to need therapy for PTSD, thinking how did this happen.

It happened here, when Loren Southern came swanning in to the country, surfing on a wave of freedom of speech editorials, and giving an interview to a MSM reporter on TV. He was unprepared and had no idea what he was getting into (probably a bit sexist too, seeing a young, blonde, attractive (on the outside, but worm-ridden and rotten on the inside) woman and thinking there can't be much grey matter up there), so she used all the standard white supremacist talking points and completely destroyed him. To his credit a few months later (after the Mosque shootings) he wrote an editorial confessing that he was totally unprepared, and he wouldn't let that happen again, and warned all journalists everywhere to learn from his mistake (which of course no one will do). He even issued Southern a challenge to come and be interviewed again. To which she of course tweeted "LoL", which is really code for "Do you think I am so stupid as to willingly participate in an interview or debate where my opponent is actually prepared and done their research?"

So tapper thinks he's going to do a take down strike, but he will fail. But if Spencer thinks Tapper has done his research and prepared himself, Spencer will turn down the interview. I hope for Tapper's reputation Spencer says no.

1 hour ago, Triskele said:

cool, looking forward to next months iteration written by kevin williamson or maybe even karl rove

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

It's just copyclick strategy. YouTubers do it, as soon as someone who is linked to you via the algorithm makes a video, you make one as well to get crossclicks. 

Cable media has been stealing the practice for like at least 2 years now, which is amusing because YouTubers got it from cable news' repetitive top-of-the-hour opinion segments by the anchor.

It's really effective. People like to get their preexisting opinion validated and enjoy believing disparate personalities share it, even if the personalities are manufactured for broadest appeal.

really? are people really falling for this?

1 hour ago, Clueless Northman said:

I'd say both you and Triskele are quite right. Dems might not win if they shift too far left and the Left cannot win in the short/medium term. And the Left needs to realise that the NYT isn't their friend and that people like Friedman and Brooks definitely aren't to the Left; heck, I'd say the US Left should consider them as strictly temporary allies of opportunity and not as friends and genuine allies, or even should consider them as just one step better than the current crop of GOP politicians when it comes to a lot of policies.

lol another guy democrats should listen to because he totally has their best interests at heart

Archived