U.S. Politics: Pedophilia is Just Acosta Doin' Business

Jace, Extat

1 hour ago, Tears of Lys said:

So lemme see if I've got this straight.  Most boarders believe in a livable minimum wage for those who are in the kinds of jobs that make minimum wage.  Great.  I'm for that too.  But then when businesses, as businesses will, take the steps to reduce their costs on labor by installing AUTOMATED SYSTEMS WITH NO HUMAN OPERATING THEM, THEREBY GETTING RID OF SAID MINIMUM WAGERS, our boarders happily use these "conveniences" because, hey, we're busy and in a hurry and can't wait for, you know, PEOPLE to serve us.

Got it.  Way to have the courage of your convictions!  :lol:    I'm sure the few human beings left holding down minimum wage jobs will be very grateful for your support.

Wow, well this screams uniformed.

7 minutes ago, a good and nice guy said:

great, cool man. i mean, my personal feelings of small business owners aside, i am all fucking for m4a, and if that eases the burden on smalls business to help pay living wages that’s a bonus. fuck, use a wealth tax to subsidize the pay, whatever it’s all cool. but the idea that we shouldn’t enact something that would see millions of people having significant material improvements in their lives because a couple small business cant afford it... sorry but fuck no, i have no sympathy in that case

The blatant disregard for the wellbeing of business owners who are not at all in the same universe as millionaires and billionaires is the type of thing that would alienate vast swathes of the population.

As it should. 

Once again I'll restate that what you are advocating is a political impossibility and the way to achieve a wage increase is to help everyone who isn't obscenely wealthy. That's how you get middle class ( and the folks who still believe they're middle class or can get back to it) to actually do something.

It's called compromise, and it's part of this thing called liberal democracy that a shocking number of folks want to abandon in favor of... I have no fucking clue.

1 hour ago, Martell Spy said:

We have a real jobs program in the making, if only every boarder would commit to buying ten items a night, one at a time, standing in line each time.

When I visit the US I'm always struck by the underclass of people doing fucking useless jobs for very little money. It's crazy.

I haven't experienced it to the same extent anywhere else in the developed world. I am honestly surprised you don't employ people just to dig holes and fill them back in.

But hey, people have jobs I guess?

10 minutes ago, Impmk2 said:

When I visit the US I'm always struck by the underclass of people doing fucking useless jobs for very little money. It's crazy.

I haven't experienced it to the same extent anywhere else in the developed world. I am honestly surprised you don't employ people just to dig holes and fill them back in.

Those jobs are so kids have pocket change in college.

Nevermind that a college degree that isn't a joke will run you North of a hundred grand and 60-70 percent of the people in those jobs are not exactly the 'higher education' demographic.

14 minutes ago, Impmk2 said:

We use prison labor for those really shitty jobs no one will take pay to do. 

12 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

The blatant disregard for the wellbeing of business owners who are not at all in the same universe as millionaires and billionaires is the type of thing that would alienate vast swathes of the population.

As it should. 

Once again I'll restate that what you are advocating is a political impossibility and the way to achieve a wage increase is to help everyone who isn't obscenely wealthy. That's how you get middle class ( and the folks who still believe they're middle class or can get back to it) to actually do something.

It's called compromise, and it's part of this thing called liberal democracy that a shocking number of folks want to abandon in favor of... I have no fucking clue.

am i missing something here? how exactly is making a federal minimum wage hike even more leftist by entangling it to medicare for all more practical politically with the senate (or even the house for that matter) that’s less of a compromise than either alone

8 minutes ago, a good and nice guy said:

am i missing something here? how exactly is making a federal minimum wage hike even more leftist by entangling it to medicare for all more practical politically with the senate (or even the house for that matter) that’s less of a compromise than either alone

My point is that a comprehensive bill that benefited multiple segments of the population at once could receive broader support and achieve liberal goals.

I.E. it's smarter.

7 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

My point is that a comprehensive bill that benefited multiple segments of the population at once could receive broader support and achieve liberal goals.

I.E. it's smarter.

ah, got it... will move any reply over to the new deviated thread 

3 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Lol, I was wondering if you were making a point about minimum wages in Alaska. Can you survive on $15 an hour?

As far as I know the USPS contracts apply across the US.  

As to surviving on $15 an hour, a few of my younger quasi relatives get by (barely) on $10 - $12 an hour working fast food joints or at big box stores.  Factor in kids...well, its a good thing that WIC is there, along with Medicaid.  

2 hours ago, Tears of Lys said:

So lemme see if I've got this straight.  Most boarders believe in a livable minimum wage for those who are in the kinds of jobs that make minimum wage.  Great.  I'm for that too.  But then when businesses, as businesses will, take the steps to reduce their costs on labor by installing AUTOMATED SYSTEMS WITH NO HUMAN OPERATING THEM, THEREBY GETTING RID OF SAID MINIMUM WAGERS, our boarders happily use these "conveniences" because, hey, we're busy and in a hurry and can't wait for, you know, PEOPLE to serve us.

Got it.  Way to have the courage of your convictions!  :lol:    I'm sure the few human beings left holding down minimum wage jobs will be very grateful for your support.

Not quite.  In my younger days, I spent a decade-plus delivering pizza for a living.  My base pay was minimum wage, to which were added tips and a delivery fee that covered gas and minor repairs.  

Minimum wage went up three or four times over this span - always by a dollar an hour.  Each time it did, conservatives would howl that this would force businesses to close, cause sky high prices, or go to automation.  This did not happen - at least locally (and I knew quite a few people in retail/fast food back then).  Instead, pizza joint I was at, the cost of a pizza went up about twenty-five cents - fifty cents for the combo's and others with lots of toppings.  Most of the customers didn't even notice. The wages of other employees - those who'd been around long enough to get raises - also increased. Thing is, the work still needed to be done, and most of that work CANNOT be automated.

Yes, I fully support the $15 an hour.  Implemented gradually - at a dollar per hour per year - is workable for most businesses, at least in the fast food and retail sectors.  Try getting there all at once - a $5 hour bump - that would cause serious problems, especially for the smaller businesses.  Go with the $15 an hour, but phase it in, that's my stance. 

Just now, A True Kaniggit said:

The thread is over.

So I’m gonna point out that whenever I saw this thread on my phone, it read:

U.S. Politics: Pedophilia

You're goddamn right it did!

:smoking:

6 hours ago, Mexal said:

Lol. Ok. Well fuck my family then and any like them. Not worth worrying about cause we are lazy and don’t deserve to be in business. Let’s ignore that we pay $15 an hour now

How much is your family making from the business? More than $15 per hour worked by a family member?

Archived