U.S. Politics: Pedophilia is Just Acosta Doin' Business

Jace, Extat

52 minutes ago, a good and nice guy said:

huh? are you saying medicare for all is going to be more likely to pass the senate than a federal min wage increase, let alone those very same small business owners screaming about how they are going to have to downsize or shutter because of their higher taxes?

and there is no reason not to agitate for both a livable minimum wage, single payer health care, as well as universal jobs guarantee, and universal child care, etc. 

I'm saying changes need to be comprehensive and well thought out. And in fact, tethering a wage increase to Medicare for all would help neuter a lot of the charges about driving small businesses out of viability.

But some people are more keen to let everyone know how much they want equity as opposed to actually achieving progress. 

"Democrats have gone too far left." Is an inaccurate and idiotic observation of a real phenomenon that Democrats have seen Republicans stamp their feet and demand unreasonable shit and then get it. Thus driving many of our leftist allies to ask "why not us too?" without acknowledging that liberals lost the war, and that's why not us.

26 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

thought it was pretty plain -

for some federal jobs, $15 an hour is ALREADY reality - and has been for some time.

Lol, I was wondering if you were making a point about minimum wages in Alaska. Can you survive on $15 an hour?

So lemme see if I've got this straight.  Most boarders believe in a livable minimum wage for those who are in the kinds of jobs that make minimum wage.  Great.  I'm for that too.  But then when businesses, as businesses will, take the steps to reduce their costs on labor by installing AUTOMATED SYSTEMS WITH NO HUMAN OPERATING THEM, THEREBY GETTING RID OF SAID MINIMUM WAGERS, our boarders happily use these "conveniences" because, hey, we're busy and in a hurry and can't wait for, you know, PEOPLE to serve us.

Got it.  Way to have the courage of your convictions!  :lol:    I'm sure the few human beings left holding down minimum wage jobs will be very grateful for your support.

6 minutes ago, Tears of Lys said:

So lemme see if I've got this straight.  Most boarders believe in a livable minimum wage for those who are in the kinds of jobs that make minimum wage.  Great.  I'm for that too.  But then when businesses, as businesses will, take the steps to reduce their costs on labor by installing AUTOMATED SYSTEMS WITH NO HUMAN OPERATING THEM, THEREBY GETTING RID OF SAID MINIMUM WAGERS, our boarders happily use these "conveniences" because, hey, we're busy and in a hurry and can't wait for, you know, PEOPLE to serve us.

Got it.  Way to have the courage of your convictions!  :lol:    I'm sure the few human beings left holding down minimum wage jobs will be very grateful for your support.

yeah, good thing these business aren’t going to do that no matter what, and aren’t always searching for ways to reduce labor costs in pursuit of the maximum bottom line anyway

9 minutes ago, Tears of Lys said:

I also eat meat, keep my apartment no warmer than 68 degrees, and drive a car to work. Wanna tell me more about your moral superiority?

1 minute ago, a good and nice guy said:

yeah, good thing these business aren’t going to do that no matter what, and aren’t always searching for ways to reduce labor costs in pursuit of the maximum bottom line anyway

They can only do it if we USE IT.  If folks like you guys refused to use them, what the hell are they gonna do?  Shoot you?  

I mean, c'mon.  You're not powerless.

Just now, Jace, Basilissa said:

I also eat meat, keep my apartment no warmer than 68 degrees, and drive a car to work. Wanna tell me more about your moral superiority?

I didn't say diddly-shit about "moral superiority."  I'm trying to wake you assholes up to the fact you're shooting yourselves in the foot by playing into The Man's game.

3 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Taking reality into account? Bullshit. As has been pointed out above, maybe a million jobs will be lost, but 20 million will be helped. You're going to protect a small number of business owners and let 20 million suffer? Bullshit. Pure bullshit.

Lol. Ok. Well fuck my family then and any like them. Not worth worrying about cause we are lazy and don’t deserve to be in business. Let’s ignore that we pay $15 an hour now, provide insurance and full benefits and will have to pay more when every part time McDonald’s worker gets paid the same. Let’s ignore the lack of ability to increase revenue to pay for the costs. Let’s just claim we are terrible business people, horrible people, lazy as fuck and the worst scum in the richest nation dominated by massive corporations.

I really hate macro economic platitudes with zero understanding of reality. Hate it with a passion. Ignore the arguments, focus on the bullshit statements and keep proclaiming you have some semblance of understanding of what it is like to run a small business in America in this economic and regulatory environment. 

I like how they assume they can just put the genie back in the bottle. They are going to keep chanting it. It's almost like fucking around with fascism and open racism is dangerous. Why not just advocate terror attacks next? Really go wild.

POLITICO Playbook PM: What Republicans are saying in private about Ilhan Omar and ‘send her back’

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook-pm/2019/07/18/what-republicans-are-saying-in-private-about-ilhan-omar-and-send-her-back-459659

“Republicans press Pence for answers on ‘send her back’ chant”: “Republican members are expressing shock and discomfort over the ‘send her back’ chants that erupted during President Donald Trump’s rally Wednesday night, with even some members of House GOP leadership expressing their concerns to Vice President Mike Pence on Thursday.

“During a breakfast meeting with Republican leaders, multiple members said they were disturbed by the chants aimed at Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) and asked Pence to relay their message to Trump, which he agreed to do, according to several members who were present.

“Rep. Paul Mitchell, the sophomore class representative, even asked for a 15-minute meeting with the president so he could directly discuss the issue with Trump. ‘It’s one thing to do chants of “lock her up.” But a chant like [“send her back”] is simply not reflective of our constitution,’ the Michigan Republican told POLITICO.

“And Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.) said Pence seemed to share their concerns. ‘He said, “at first I couldn’t even tell what it was.” And he said, “that just needs to not happen,”’ said Cole, ranking member on the House Rules Committee. ‘He seemed as appalled by it as everybody else.’

2 minutes ago, Tears of Lys said:

They can only do it if we USE IT.  If folks like you guys refused to use them, what the hell are they gonna do?  Shoot you?  

I mean, c'mon.  You're not powerless.

fine, true enough. in that case, i suggest really refining your praxis and exclusively using the self check outs and ringing everything up a s bananas or bulk rice. a cashier making $15 an hour isn’t going to let me get a weeks worth of groceries for the cost of a couple cups of coffee

5 minutes ago, a good and nice guy said:

fine, true enough. in that case, i suggest really refining your praxis and exclusively using the self check outs and ringing everything up a s bananas or bulk rice. a cashier making $15 an hour isn’t going to let me get a weeks worth of groceries for the cost of a couple cups of coffee

We have a real jobs program in the making, if only every boarder would commit to buying ten items a night, one at a time, standing in line each time.

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I'm saying changes need to be comprehensive and well thought out. And in fact, tethering a wage increase to Medicare for all would help neuter a lot of the charges about driving small businesses out of viability.

But some people are more keen to let everyone know how much they want equity as opposed to actually achieving progress. 

"Democrats have gone too far left." Is an inaccurate and idiotic observation of a real phenomenon that Democrats have seen Republicans stamp their feet and demand unreasonable shit and then get it. Thus driving many of our leftist allies to ask "why not us too?" without acknowledging that liberals lost the war, and that's why not us.

well your second paragraph kinda disagrees with you. the $15 wage would be progress, literally tens our millions of people, largely women, folks of color, and immigrants, would see a very real positive impact in their material circumstances. 

18 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Lol. Ok. Well fuck my family then and any like them. Not worth worrying about.

i’m sure y’all will be able to get nice minimum wage jobs somewhere

9 minutes ago, a good and nice guy said:

i’m sure y’all will be able to get nice minimum wage jobs somewhere

Our life goals are complete. Thanks for helping make it happen. Hope you enjoy working for someone else and exacerbating the rural urban divide with your ignorance of how this economy actually works. Your sympathy and ignorance of small businesses is noted. 

4 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Our life goals are complete. Thanks for helping make it happen. Hope you enjoy working for someone else and exacerbating the rural urban divide with your ignorance of how this economy actually works. Your sympathy and ignorance of small businesses is noted. 

kinda sounds like working for less than your labor is worth is unappealing to you. that’s wild. but go off king, your sympathy and ignorance of the millions of people making poverty wages is noted

24 minutes ago, Tears of Lys said:

Fuck it.   

I'm sorry if I hurt you with my untethered aggression. Sincerely, I could have been sarcastic without taking it straight to a 6. I apologize. You're right that in our fucked up system the consumers have to work harder than our representatives in order to protect ourselves and the workers. I'm still gonna do it but I can acknowledge that you're right.

8 minutes ago, a good and nice guy said:

kinda sounds like working for less than your labor is worth is unappealing to you. that’s wild. but go off king, your sympathy and ignorance of the millions of people making poverty wages is noted

As I have said multiple times, raise wages if you want but do something to offset for small businesses so they can afford to increase multiple different costs (more costs are driven by increased payroll than just payroll which again is ignored). If you want to ignore that part of the conversation, go ahead, but it’s pretty fucking crucial to everything I’ve said. 

Anyway, I’m done. It’s impossible to discuss a state of the economy with people who’s entire response is “the US is the richest nation in the world, you don’t deserve to be in business, you’re lazy or even if you already pay your workers $15 and they want to be paid more than the part high school students working at McDonald’s, you’re a terrible business man because you are unable to absorb a significant increase in costs beyond payroll with no new way of generating revenue to offset it.”

7 minutes ago, Mexal said:

As I have said multiple times, raise wages if you want but do something to offset for small businesses so they can afford to increase multiple different costs (more costs are driven by increased payroll than just payroll which again is ignored). If you want to ignore that part of the conversation, go ahead, but it’s pretty fucking crucial to everything I’ve said. 

Anyway, I’m done. It’s impossible to discuss a state of the economy with people who’s entire response is “the US is the richest nation in the world, you don’t deserve to be in business, you’re lazy or even if you already pay your workers $15 and they want to be paid more than the part high school students working at McDonald’s, you’re a terrible business man because you are unable to absorb a significant increase in costs beyond payroll with no new way of generating revenue to offset it.”

great, cool man. i mean, my personal feelings of small business owners aside, i am all fucking for m4a, and if that eases the burden on smalls business to help pay living wages that’s a bonus. fuck, use a wealth tax to subsidize the pay, whatever it’s all cool. but the idea that we shouldn’t enact something that would see millions of people having significant material improvements in their lives because a couple small business cant afford it... sorry but fuck no, i have no sympathy in that case

Archived