Tormund

namesarehard

I thought this quote was interesting.

Tormund Giantsbane - Tall-Talker, Horn-Blower, and Breaker of Ice, Tormund Thunderfist, Husband of Bears, Mead-King of Ruddy Hall, Speaker to Gods and Father of Hosts

Intentionally similar to Dany's list of titles:

“Daenerys of the House Targaryen,the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regent of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons”

Could he be one of the heads of the dragon?

And Horn Blower and Breaker of Ice seem obviously significant since he hasn't done that yet.

2 minutes ago, namesarehard said:

And Horn Blower and Breaker of Ice seem obviously significant since he hasn't done that yet.

Both titles seem related to Joramun. He might be a descendant of Joramun. 

ETA: he does blow a warning horn at some point though, and when it comes to talking "he breaks the ice" 

On 7/15/2019 at 9:25 PM, namesarehard said:

I thought this quote was interesting.

Intentionally similar to Dany's list of titles:

It could be GRRM showing that despite differences between the many cultures of Planetos, there are a lot of similarities too. People are people, and some people like to use titles (and lots of them).

There's also a potential correlation between the Wildling "savages" and the "savages" among whom Dany spends all her time after marrying Drogo. Per Westerosi culture, all those north of the wall and south of Dorne are barbarians. I think the Wildlings would like Dany. 

15 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

It could be GRRM showing that despite differences between the many cultures of Planetos, there are a lot of similarities too. People are people, and some people like to use titles (and lots of them).

There's also a potential correlation between the Wildling "savages" and the "savages" among whom Dany spends all her time after marrying Drogo. Per Westerosi culture, all those north of the wall and south of Dorne are barbarians. I think the Wildlings would like Dany. 

Don't forget the mountain clans of the Vale. Those are savages too in the eyes of Westerosi culture. 

Archived