Primetime Emmy Awards 2019 (THE AWARDS NIGHT - September, 22nd)

Mladen

20 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

but it's also telling that the show/HBO thought that, as someone else has said, Lena Heady standing by a window and drinking wine, was compelling enough to submit as a viable choice.

Most of the nominated actors from GOT didn t deserve it. For exemple, gwen had 1 scene worth mentioning her acting (the knighting)… I have no idea what peter did to deserve it when his big moments were extremely criticized beacause they made no sense. Alfie barely even spoke during the season and appeared for 3 min? I can understand if people find reasons to nominate emillia, masie or even kit or Jaime that also had emotional scenes. 

38 minutes ago, divica said:

Most of the nominated actors from GOT didn t deserve it. For exemple, gwen had 1 scene worth mentioning her acting (the knighting)… I have no idea what peter did to deserve it when his big moments were extremely criticized beacause they made no sense. Alfie barely even spoke during the season and appeared for 3 min? I can understand if people find reasons to nominate emillia, masie or even kit or Jaime that also had emotional scenes. 

It's unfortunate that the show quality dropped as it became more popular, so by the time GOT was a lock for Emmy nominations, the dialogue was lacking.  Charles Dance was never even nominated!  Sean Bean, not nominated!  But we have Lena nominated 100x when she hasn't had any decent scenes or lines for 2 or 3 years.  Oh well, it's all water under the bridge as the saying goes.  But it is annoying that Dinklage got another Emmy for doing nothing much.  But, you're right Alfie didn't have many lines either, he was one of the ones who nominated himself wasn't he? His overall body of work on the show was fantastic though, same for NCW.

Not shocked that GOT won best drama, they tend to award shows that were huge successes as they come to an end. I like Ozark so I am ok with it getting an award, it's a well done show. Also surprised to see Fleabag win. I binged the series a month or two ago and remember Ep1 of this season really standing out.

I'm sorry that neither of the two principals of Elementary have gotten an Emmy, and the writers never have either.  Seven seasons of remarkably well written, dependably entertaining and engrossing tv -- and nothing but a nomination for original title theme music and  a nomination for main title design.  And now it's finished.

You know, we speak about Headey but there is rather long list of actors or actresses who haven't been awarded for the rather impressive work: Keri Russell, Michelle Dockery, Robin Wright, Keri Washington, High Laurie, Michael C. Hall, already mentioned Sandra Oh, Don Cheadle, Lena Dunham, Matt leBlanc...

3 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Every best actress award should be recalled and melted into a giant statue to give to Headey for TSCC. :P

GIVE.ME.A.BREAK :D

3 minutes ago, Risto said:

You know, we speak about Headey but there is rather long list of actors or actresses who haven't been awarded for the rather impressive work: Keri Russell, Michelle Dockery, Robin Wright, Keri Washington, High Laurie, Michael C. Hall, already mentioned Sandra Oh, Don Cheadle, Lena Dunham, Matt leBlanc...

GIVE.ME.A.BREAK :D

You’re dead to me... :ack:

Just now, Nictarion said:

You’re dead to me... :ack:

I knew people will give me hard time over that. But she does have, IIRC, a huge amount of noms, like 10 or something.

2 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Well, neither has Headey, that was kind of the point.

To be honest, Hall in Dexter or Laurie in House were far more memorable. If we speak about truly amazing performances, Russell in The Americans or Wright in House of Cards deserved some recognition. Headey is far from being the worst crime Academy has committed.

9 hours ago, divica said:

Alfie and Gwen submitted themselves 

I'm not surprised at all that GoT won, or at least was nominated for so many awards, that's just how awards seem to work. None of us should should be outraged that the best show didn't win, it's always pretty much the same, and GoT has taken us so much cultural bandwidth that it would be strange for it to not win best drama series. 

Having said that, why separate drama series from limited series in the categories? Is there really a difference? I'd say it's easy to see how GoT wins against some of the other noms in its category, but put it up against Chernobyl and suddenly it's not so obvious. 

GoT season 8 was basically a limited series anyway. 

8 hours ago, Zorral said:

I'm sorry that neither of the two principals of Elementary have gotten an Emmy, and the writers never have either.  Seven seasons of remarkably well written, dependably entertaining and engrossing tv -- and nothing but a nomination for original title theme music and  a nomination for main title design.  And now it's finished.

true story

5 hours ago, Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn said:

Peter Dinklage was awarded because the acting he achieved with so ugly writing. I am pretty sure the other shows had better writers.

If that was the case Emilia should have won. Dany’s storyline was butchered the worst, and she still managed to deliver a good performance. 

Archived