King Aegon VI Appreciation Thread

Daendrew

44 minutes ago, Aldarion said:

Because:

a) it seems Arianne might try to get him (apparently she is into pretty boys)

b) can he really convince Martells that he truly is Aegon?

That, I think, is quite likely. As well as thematically appropriate: Aegon is Targaryen (=fire), while Euron is heavily associated with water, yet has a Red Priest IIRC.

Arianne isn't into pretty boys, she is into dangerous man like Oberyn and Darkstar. Aegon doesn't have to convince his own relatives and I don't think he will as I suspect he will turn his attention  West before Arianne could meet him. 

2 hours ago, TheThreeEyedCow said:

We should just call him Ash. 'Cus that's what he'll be when Dany gets to him. 

What has Aegon ever done for Dany to kill him? He should be killed because he was raised to think he was someone else? 

21 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Joffrey was crowned as King Joffrey I. It didn't erase the fact that he was a bastard and had no claim 

What a great king he was. We can only hope that his "cousin" Aegon has the fortitude to exceed young Joffrey's regal demeanor.

On a serious note: Do we really expect him to go into the Reach and not King's Landing? Are we expecting an utter bloodbath in the Reach (Reach civil war, Ironborn, Golden Company/Stormlords, Dorne, and possibily Lannisters)?

9 hours ago, nyser1 said:

What a great king he was. We can only hope that his "cousin" Aegon has the fortitude to exceed young Joffrey's regal demeanor.

On a serious note: Do we really expect him to go into the Reach and not King's Landing? Are we expecting an utter bloodbath in the Reach (Reach civil war, Ironborn, Golden Company/Stormlords, Dorne, and possibily Lannisters)?

If Ironborn raid Reach, it will be his duty to defend it. That being said, moving into Reach is more likely after King's Landing had been secured.

12 hours ago, TheThreeEyedCow said:

We should just call him Ash. 'Cus that's what he'll be when Dany gets to him. 

At this point, I am really hoping that happens to Daenerys herself - if she comes to Westeros in her current mindset, she will be a natural disaster... she wastes time in Mereen and creates a bloodbath because she is not ready to realize you cannot just change culture on a whim (I have nothing against ending slavery, but you cannot change thousand years of culture in a day, especially when you are an outsider with little local support - she is way too impatient), and she refuses to help Astapor fight off slavers despite being responsible for the slaver attack in the first place.

If you start something you should finish it, not saunter off thinking "job well done" without even considering whether your work will survive you leaving.

2 hours ago, Aldarion said:

If Ironborn raid Reach, it will be his duty to defend it. That being said, moving into Reach is more likely after King's Landing had been secured.

At this point, I am really hoping that happens to Daenerys herself - if she comes to Westeros in her current mindset, she will be a natural disaster... she wastes time in Mereen and creates a bloodbath because she is not ready to realize you cannot just change culture on a whim (I have nothing against ending slavery, but you cannot change thousand years of culture in a day, especially when you are an outsider with little local support - she is way too impatient), and she refuses to help Astapor fight off slavers despite being responsible for the slaver attack in the first place.

If you start something you should finish it, not saunter off thinking "job well done" without even considering whether your work will survive you leaving.

I don't disagree, really. It's just that Dany really, really is a Targaryen. Fire and blood. She will not abide him. 

13 hours ago, Crona said:

What has Aegon ever done for Dany to kill him? He should be killed because he was raised to think he was someone else? 

Because he'll have his fake ass on her IT. Because she is a Targaryen and he is a pretender. And by the time she reaches Westeros she'll be void of patience. It's fire and blood. That's what she's about. He'll expect her to...what exactly? Joint rule? Marry him? She'll be on the biggest power trip with a huge army, navy and dragons. 

So rightly or wrongly, I see her arriving in a less than accommodating mood. He cannot prove his identity. So I believe Dany will let Drogon decide for her.

Honestly, I don't think she'll suffer him. 

15 hours ago, Aldarion said:

What of the other forces raiding his "lands"? There are "Targ Loyalists" virtually everywhere aside from the Westerlands and the North.

20 hours ago, TheThreeEyedCow said:

I don't disagree, really. It's just that Dany really, really is a Targaryen. Fire and blood. She will not abide him. 

That was kinda my point. She has massive I-am-saviour issues, yet not enough patience and foresight to consider what really goes into it and consequences that even well-intended actions can have. So I definitely can see her murdering Aegon first, and then either regretting it or else going all delusional and convincing herself he was evil.

5 hours ago, Aldarion said:

That was kinda my point. She has massive I-am-saviour issues, yet not enough patience and foresight to consider what really goes into it and consequences that even well-intended actions can have. So I definitely can see her murdering Aegon first, and then either regretting it or else going all delusional and convincing herself he was evil.

If we're just straight-up guessing, I'd say that she will know what she's done. I don't think she'll be crazy, but she will resign herself to perhaps the same thing Jon Connington does towards the end of aDwD. Who can afford to be merciful in the face of such odds? Or honourable in a world full of scoundrels? I don't envy Dany. Not her power nor her dragons. It's an impossible predicament. She can either go full Fire and Blood which is exactly who she is. Or she can deny herself and flounder until someone eventually takes everything from her. She dawdled in Mereen, and it will haunt her. She tried to play their game and it didn't work.
The people die no matter what. She may as well seize power and have it on her own terms. 

As for (f)Aegon... he is a threat. It's as simple as that. And when/if he seats himself on the IT, he isn't likely going to accommodate her as the rightful queen. He will exist in opposition to her and the two will not be able to co-exist. She won't be attracted to him because he's moody and tempestuous like her brother Viscerys. And she already tried marrying for political reasons. Twice, in-fact. For readers like me, no matter how much we enjoy (f)Aegon, the boy is toast. And Dany won't need to justify the action. It is, after all, a game of thrones. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/5/2019 at 5:07 PM, nyser1 said:

No. I think the closest he will get to the Reach will be Summerhall or Stoney Sept.

I think Team Aegon will plan on a war campaign in the Reach after King's Landing is taken and Aegon is crowned. But I think Daenerys' arrival and House Tyrell's change of allegiance (I totally see them allying with Dany for multiple reasons) will force Team Aegon to switch gears.

That said: I, for one, am expecting an utter bloodbath in the Reach. Like I said, I think the Tyrells will side with Daenerys, the Hightowers will either be destroyed, depleted or forced into serving Euron and the rest of the Reach will align with Aegon. So, I think the Reach will be a huge battleground in A Dream of Spring. It's the one of the few regions of Westeros that hasn't been touched by war and it is the second largest region in Westeros after the North.

I think it's also worth mentioning that I expect Cersei and Jaime to both survive The Winds of Winter and reunite in Casterly Rock. Cersei is going to be holding a grudge against the Tyrells for what will and may happen in The Winds of Winter. Regardless of whether that grudge is justified or not, it's only a matter of time before Cersei figures out that the Tyrells were responsible or complicit in Joffrey's assassination.

So when Cersei and Jaime find out, they will likely declare war on the Tyrells. So that means the Reach might very well be the location of a three-way war between Team Aegon, Team Lannister and Team Daenerys. Four-way war if Euron still has a foothold on the mainland via Oldtown.

On 8/7/2019 at 1:11 AM, Aldarion said:

I don't think Daenerys has a massive messiah complex. And I find Daenerys to be extremely patient.

What Daenerys lacks is foresight, experience and good examples/advisors. Viserys, Drogo, Irri, Jorah, Daario, Hizdahr, the Green Grace, Quaithe...none of these people are good advisors or mentors.

I don't think Daenerys is going to kill Aegon. I think that honor will go to Euron and/or Cersei.

On 8/7/2019 at 7:16 AM, TheThreeEyedCow said:

If we're just straight-up guessing, I'd say that she will know what she's done. I don't think she'll be crazy, but she will resign herself to perhaps the same thing Jon Connington does towards the end of aDwD. Who can afford to be merciful in the face of such odds? Or honourable in a world full of scoundrels? I don't envy Dany. Not her power nor her dragons. It's an impossible predicament. She can either go full Fire and Blood which is exactly who she is. Or she can deny herself and flounder until someone eventually takes everything from her. She dawdled in Mereen, and it will haunt her. She tried to play their game and it didn't work.
The people die no matter what. She may as well seize power and have it on her own terms. 

As for (f)Aegon... he is a threat. It's as simple as that. And when/if he seats himself on the IT, he isn't likely going to accommodate her as the rightful queen. He will exist in opposition to her and the two will not be able to co-exist. She won't be attracted to him because he's moody and tempestuous like her brother Viscerys. And she already tried marrying for political reasons. Twice, in-fact. For readers like me, no matter how much we enjoy (f)Aegon, the boy is toast. And Dany won't need to justify the action. It is, after all, a game of thrones. 

Thank you for bringing up all these good points.

Daenerys tried to play the game of thrones in Meereen and it almost killed her. It's safe to say that she won't be in the mood to play these games and politick around once she returns to Meereen with a super-khalasar, much less Westeros.

I think it's also worth mentioning that Aegon and Daenerys may not be the problem. Like we have to be honest: Moqorro literally told us that Tyrion (and, by extension, Jaime and Cersei) would be the cause of the next Dance of Dragons. And Arianne already has serious problems with Daenerys and they haven't even been on the same continent as each other. Jon Connington is a loose cannon and a ticking time bomb all rolled into one...who knows what the massive curveball that is Daenerys and her army will do to his psyche. Varys is Varys so only God knows what he will do. Ser Barristan isn't one to be rash but...who knows what being back in Westeros will do. Victarion will be Daenerys' husband or fiancé by this point and Victarion is stupid enough to make a stupid mistake that sets things in motion.

You see: there's more to worry about than Daenerys or Aegon's reactions to each other. Tyrion, Arianne, Barristan, JonCon and Victarion are all POVs tied to them.

Archived