King Aegon VI Appreciation Thread

Daendrew

31 minutes ago, miyuki said:

This will be a fun thread, I guess, since we are not all 100% convinced Aegon is Aegon...

I mean, hes clearly an Aegon. People address him as Aegon and he responds. 

Now whether hes Rhaegars kid has yet to be disclosed (hes not)

21 minutes ago, Daendrew said:

The only one convinced Aegon is Aegon, is Aegon.

Idk, when Tyrion pressed him on his origin story "the lad flushed". There's gotta be some doubt in his mind, even Arya believed Sansa that she was adopted. 

Its a suspect story, Young Griffs no idiot. Now Old Griff, lol. Hes not an idiot but is thoroughly convinced that thats his Princes son.

42 minutes ago, Daendrew said:

That remains to be seen. lol

Lol.

I like the kid. Lots of spunk. He reminds me so much of Alayne with his dyed hair and false father, and who doesnt love Sansa? Lol

12 hours ago, miyuki said:

This will be a fun thread, I guess, since we are not all 100% convinced Aegon is Aegon...

Aegon is Aegon, but Aegon may not be Aegon. If you understand what I'm saying.

His name is Aegon, so he IS Aegon. But he may not be Rhaegar's Aegon.

But as far as I'm concerned, that doesn't really matter. What matters is how good of a ruler he will be... and whether he will survive. Latter, I'm afraid, is unlikely.

11 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

I mean, hes clearly an Aegon. People address him as Aegon and he responds. 

Now whether hes Rhaegars kid has yet to be disclosed (hes not)

Idk, when Tyrion pressed him on his origin story "the lad flushed". There's gotta be some doubt in his mind, even Arya believed Sansa that she was adopted. 

Its a suspect story, Young Griffs no idiot. Now Old Griff, lol. Hes not an idiot but is thoroughly convinced that thats his Princes son.

Lol.

I like the kid. Lots of spunk. He reminds me so much of Alayne with his dyed hair and false father, and who doesnt love Sansa? Lol

100% agree with this. He is actually one of my favourite characters.

• 3 weeks later...

I expect wonderful things from him in the next two books when ever they get released. 

I hope he kills great warriors bloodies enemies gets to hook up with his crazy dornish cousins even bangs a few of them. Hell i would love for him to meet his brother Jon but alas we have to wait. 

7 hours ago, Destiny Arrives said:

I expect wonderful things from him in the next two books when ever they get released. 

I hope he kills great warriors bloodies enemies gets to hook up with his crazy dornish cousins even bangs a few of them. Hell i would love for him to meet his brother Jon but alas we have to wait. 

Don't get your hopes up. Aegon or fAegon is over hyped and over confident.

On 7/17/2019 at 9:55 AM, Jova Snow said:

Hope he will visit Summerhall!  

That would be great!

Not really in his route to King's Landing though, unless he pulls a Robert Baratheon and goes West after taking Storm's End. I suppose him going West to rally more Reach Lords to his cause (or join with the Dornish host) before marching for the capital would be a good move.

18 minutes ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

That would be great!

Not really in his route to King's Landing though, unless he pulls a Robert Baratheon and goes West after taking Storm's End. I suppose him going West to rally more Reach Lords to his cause (or join with the Dornish host) before marching for the capital would be a good move.

Maybe he will aim west to fight against Euron's Ironborn and make Reach Lords join his cause, like Stannis was the only claimant to care for the Wall/WF, Aegon will be the only claimant to care for the Reach? Jon Connington may want to visit there to remember Rhaegar and give us more information about Song of Ice and Fire. 

2 minutes ago, Jova Snow said:

Maybe he will aim west to fight against Euron's Ironborn and make Reach Lords join his cause, like Stannis was the only claimant to care for the Wall/WF, Aegon will be the only claimant to care for the Reach?

The Targaryen kings on Iron Throne didn't really help their subjects when Dalton and Dagon Greyjoy invaded the West coast of Westeros, it would be a good PR move for Aegon to help the Reach this time. It would show the people he care for them and help him gain support rapidly.

It would also give time for Cersei to regain control of KL before Aegon arrives.

8 minutes ago, Jova Snow said:

give us more information about Song of Ice and Fire.  

I hope so.

On 7/17/2019 at 3:55 AM, Jova Snow said:

My son, my husband, me a fucking raccoon picked him up from the trash. Gosh I even love Golden Company members at this point, who wouldn't want to watch Chains while fighting? Hope he will visit Summerhall! 

I'm almost 100% positive that Aegon and co. will visit Summerhall. Maybe that's where Arianne and Aegon will be married. Or where Aegon will accept the fealty of the Reachmen and the Stormlanders.

4 hours ago, Jova Snow said:

Maybe he will aim west to fight against Euron's Ironborn and make Reach Lords join his cause, like Stannis was the only claimant to care for the Wall/WF, Aegon will be the only claimant to care for the Reach? Jon Connington may want to visit there to remember Rhaegar and give us more information about Song of Ice and Fire. 

I feel like most of the information about the Song of Ice and Fire will be coming from Dorne, the North and the Riverlands (the Isle of Faces)

I feel like Summerhall is going to give us more details on the Targaryen family, Rhaegar's queerness and what exactly happened to the dragons. Like was Aegon V really crazy or did Aegon V have a dragon dream that caused him to attempt to do what Daenerys did successfully.

5 hours ago, nyser1 said:

If Aegon takes KL and is crowned by the High Septon, it does not matter who his parents are. He would become Aegon VI.

All of that aside: I enjoy reading about his story. I look forward to hearing more.

Joffrey was crowned as King Joffrey I. It didn't erase the fact that he was a bastard and had no claim 

On 7/16/2019 at 3:13 PM, miyuki said:

You know, this logic never stopped the supporter of R+L=J from posting silly threads as if this weak theory has been confirmed.  

1 hour ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

I'm almost 100% positive that Aegon and co. will visit Summerhall. Maybe that's where Arianne and Aegon will be married. Or where Aegon will accept the fealty of the Reachmen and the Stormlanders.

I feel like most of the information about the Song of Ice and Fire will be coming from Dorne, the North and the Riverlands (the Isle of Faces)

I feel like Summerhall is going to give us more details on the Targaryen family, Rhaegar's queerness and what exactly happened to the dragons. Like was Aegon V really crazy or did Aegon V have a dragon dream that caused him to attempt to do what Daenerys did successfully.

I don't know why and when this fandom decided Aegon should marry Arianne, ten years older than Aegon, Martell, like in Turkish I would say "Memlekette kız mı kalmadı??" Arianne is the worst choice for a Queen, they are cousins Arianne has to support Aegon, she doesn't offer anything to Aegon, he should have the support of Dorne without any marriage as son of Elia, he could have better marriages with let say Myrcella Baratheon, daughter of a deposed dynasty like the one between Aegon III and Jaehaera, a suicide at the hands of Peake will free him for Daenerys. 

20 hours ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

That would be great!

I think he'll go west to. At first I though the Reach was kinda boring compared to the rest of Westeros, but after reading The Sworn Sword and The Mystery Knight, I'm seeing how much potential that region has. Their lords are probably the most fickle I've seen. They suffered more losses than most by following the Gardners, submitted to Aegon, probably resented the Tyrells quite a bit for becoming wardens, and most of them were quick to join the Blackfyre rebellion. When they finally are loyal to the Targaryans, they lose to Rob.

I'm wondering how much these "friends in the Reach" resent the Tyrells still. Now is prime time for Highgarden to fall. If Mace is defeated in front of Storm's End, no doubt a lot of Reachmen will flock to Aegon. Garlan is gonna be busy driving the Ironborn out of the Shield Islands. Highgarden may not have as much defenses as usual. And if the Dornish army waiting in Princes Pass join this faction of the Golden Company and Reach lords, the city wouldn't stand a chance. 

The best way to deal with Kings Landing is probably to just leave it alone and let that shitshow implode on itself. 

I love the addition of Aegon and Jon Connington to the story, but I view them as antagonists in the series. No matter for what cause, bring an army of sellswords to Westeros is not "for the good of the realm", especially with an impending winter with many people now having their resources taken from them. Plus there's them theme of "Lord Tywin being the Shrouded Lord." Jon Conningtons the one with greyscale and his narrative says he'll be more like Tywin. I look forward to his chapters just to see him become more ruthless. Aegon might as well be the Jamie to Jon's Tywin. young, cocky and charismatic who could win a lot of people to their cause. 

15 hours ago, Jova Snow said:

I don't know why and when this fandom decided Aegon should marry Arianne, ten years older than Aegon, Martell, like in Turkish I would say "Memlekette kız mı kalmadı??" Arianne is the worst choice for a Queen, they are cousins Arianne has to support Aegon, she doesn't offer anything to Aegon, he should have the support of Dorne without any marriage as son of Elia, he could have better marriages with let say Myrcella Baratheon, daughter of a deposed dynasty like the one between Aegon III and Jaehaera, a suicide at the hands of Peake will free him for Daenerys. 

Because:

a) it seems Arianne might try to get him (apparently she is into pretty boys)

b) can he really convince Martells that he truly is Aegon?

21 hours ago, Jova Snow said:

That, I think, is quite likely. As well as thematically appropriate: Aegon is Targaryen (=fire), while Euron is heavily associated with water, yet has a Red Priest IIRC.

Archived