New additions to my ASOIAF book collection

Daendrew

Here are the newest additions to my ASOIAF book collection this week. All of them are the first edition, first printings of each book.

https://imgur.com/a/BoHb1Lj

Five US A Game of Thrones (AGOT) in silver, four highly valuable and rare UK AGOT's in red, two UK Storm of Swords and Clash of Kings. I also have the advanced reading copy of the US AGOT, and collectors preview of UK AGOT. Plus the new Folio Society’s AGOT. Not pictured are my other GRRM books, I have the complete works of GRRM in first edition, first printing. Everything from his very first book published when he was only 20 years old, A Song for Lya to the present works. He was writing Songs even at 20. A Song of Ice and Fire, Songs The Dead Men Sing, A Song of Stars and Shadows. Lots and lots of songs.

I will get George to sign them all but can’t say how hehe. GRRM owes me a very big favor. Once I get GRRM to sign the books I will reach out to Jim Burns, the illustrator of the UK editions to sign them as well. Jim doesn't owe me any favors and I would have to have to pay for that one haha.

That is very impressive! I've never seen so many of the UK first of AGoT in one photo. And you say you acquired these all within the week? Did someone sell off their collection?

You should try and get in touch with Stephen Youll about signing the ARC.

47 minutes ago, Ran said:

That is very impressive! I've never seen so many of the UK first of AGoT in one photo. And you say you acquired these all within the week? Did someone sell off their collection?

I bought all but one remaining UK AGOT that are unsigned and on the market anywhere in the world. So four individual orders. The last remaining seller in New Zealand was greedy and wouldn’t give me a reasonable offer. 

GRRM completely changed my life with his true genius. One day I may finally share how he affected me, but only after ADOS comes out. But probably never. What I found in his work needs to be discovered and not revealed.

I have no more prized possession than his books on my shelf. That is until Winds comes out and if he winds up gouging out “Daendrew’s” eyes, ripping my tongue out and stabbing me through the eardrums like I asked him. A fan can dream. But my dreams are different. Mine come true.

In any case, I’ve seen, heard and spoken far too many ASOIAF theories for one lifetime.

4 hours ago, Daendrew said:

Here are the newest additions to my ASOIAF book collection this week. All of them are the first edition, first printings of each book.

https://imgur.com/a/BoHb1Lj

Five US A Game of Thrones (AGOT) in silver, four highly valuable and rare UK AGOT's in red, two UK Storm of Swords and Clash of Kings. I also have the advanced reading copy of the US AGOT, and collectors preview of UK AGOT. Plus the new Folio Society’s AGOT. Not pictured are my other GRRM books, I have the complete works of GRRM in first edition, first printing. Everything from his very first book published when he was only 20 years old, A Song for Lya to the present works. He was writing Songs even at 20. A Song of Ice and Fire, Songs The Dead Men Sing, A Song of Stars and Shadows. Lots and lots of songs.

I will get George to sign them all but can’t say how hehe. GRRM owes me a very big favor. Once I get GRRM to sign the books I will reach out to Jim Burns, the illustrator of the UK editions to sign them as well. Jim doesn't owe me any favors and I would have to have to pay for that one haha.

Congrats! :cheers: I can imagine how you feel because I myself have worked hard over the last few months to finally get the original versions of all of GRRM's work here in my dirty little paws.

2 hours ago, Daendrew said:

I bought all but one remaining UK AGOT that are unsigned and on the market anywhere in the world. So four individual orders. The last remaining seller in New Zealand was greedy and wouldn’t give me a reasonable offer. 

GRRM completely changed my life with his true genius. One day I may finally share how he affected me, but only after ADOS comes out. But probably never. What I found in his work needs to be discovered and not revealed.

I have no more prized possession than his books on my shelf. That is until Winds comes out and if he winds up gouging out “Daendrew’s” eyes, ripping my tongue out and stabbing me through the eardrums like I asked him. A fan can dream. But my dreams are different. Mine come true.

In any case, I’ve seen, heard and spoken far too many ASOIAF theories for one lifetime.

Right!?! Even my dingy little $3 original is sacred to my bookshelf now, so I understand. Congrats again.

29 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Congrats! :cheers: I can imagine how you feel because I myself have worked hard over the last few months to finally get the original versions of all of GRRM's work here in my dirty little paws.

Right!?! Even my dingy little $3 original is sacred to my bookshelf now, so I understand. Congrats again.

Thanks for all your support over the years Leechy,

Archived