What's for Dinner part 8.

Sunday roast. Chicken for us this week. Veg was mashed swede, honey glazed carrots and roasted cauliflower. I made roast potatoes for the mothership. Homemade yorkshires, because who the hell only has yorkkes with beef?! 

Oh and lemon and thyme stuffing.

best part? Leftovers for tomorrow!

9 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Sunday roast. Chicken for us this week. Veg was mashed swede, honey glazed carrots and roasted cauliflower. I made roast potatoes for the mothership. Homemade yorkshires, because who the hell only has yorkkes with beef?! 

I've nearly fallen out with my Mother in Law over this many times.  She now understands i'll have a pissy face all day if I don't get a Yorkie, so has sorted herself out.

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I've nearly fallen out with my Mother in Law over this many times.  She now understands i'll have a pissy face all day if I don't get a Yorkie, so has sorted herself out.

What is wrong with people that they would think that acceptable?

First round of leftovers been used to make chicken and stuffing wrap for lunch.

Tonight the remaining chicken and veg will be used to make a curry (hopefully, time permitting). 

We made a Thai green curry with jasmine rice. Used store-bought paste instead of making from scratch, but I think that's considered acceptable even by Thai cooks. Pretty good! Not much guidance on how much curry paste to use; we used 4 tsp per can of coconut milk, but would probably use more next time. (This presumably varies by brand too; we used Thai Kitchen.) Recipe didn't call for any salt, I thought maybe the paste would provide it, but we did need to add more salt in the end.

Last night was a sick fucking fatty chicken broth with udon noodles, tons of baby bok-choy, black trumpet and chanterelle mushrooms I collected, and scallions.  Sides of roasted zucchini, store-bought kimchi, and some Paradox Beaver Bite IPAs.

Kind of wishing I saved some of the bok choy for tonight because totes would eat this back to back nights.  Instead going to make a bean, cheese, and herb dip and fart my way into tomorrow in style.

I had some of the best authentic Chinese food Saturday night on NYU's campus. I can't believe we were able to walk in nine deep without a reservation, but it worked. We must have ordered 6-8 rounds of dumplings for the table. I only had the pork ones, but there was also crab, shrimp, veggie and one other one I didn't hear. Then for the entrees we ordered two dishes of really spicy chicken and hot peppers, one amazing spicy beef stew dish, Kung Pao shrimp, some type of lamb dish that was incredible (and I regret just trying it) and a few veggie orders. It was some amazing.

Also, didn't realize that Chinese rice beer is really tasty. 

3 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Some stuffed pancakes with broccoli, tomatoes, bacon, a cheese crusting and some mustard and honey mixed for a sauce bit.

Are pancakes different in Germany? I can't wrap my head around having pancakes and broccoli at the same time. 

20 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Are pancakes different in Germany? I can't wrap my head around having pancakes and broccoli at the same time. 

From context these are actual pancakes/crepes. Think, lacy runny batter before you cook it. Very similar to a yorkshire pudding batter. Goes a bit like an omlette i suppose when you stuff/roll them like  the recipe you quoted. Or maybe canelloni, at least appearance wise.

though i am not sure that broccoli with a,erican style pancakes is all that strange. I’ve seen lots of savoury variations on these that seem to work

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 7:25 PM, redriver said:

Anyone got any ideas how best to use cheese in a Chinese dish?Is cheese chow main a thing?

I think that may be an oxymoron.  Sorry!

We had pork in mustard sauce with roasted potatoes and salad.  Sounds boring, but was delish.

Archived