What's for Dinner part 8.

Sometimes mistakes can be good things. We cooked a turkey for six hours, three on the grill and three in the oven. It was covered in honey, brown sugar, and a personal spicy recipe I use for pork.

Shit is damn good, especially with some home made mashed potatoes. 

On 3/2/2020 at 7:38 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Tried swordfish for the first time recently while out at a restaurant. Very nice, quite a meaty/robust fish that held its own against the accompanying sauce (lemon and caper i think it was) and side (a sort of bean stew). 

I've got a pretty good recipe for swordfish - simple, yet delicious.  Involves a marinade of orange juice, lemon juice, minced garlic, tomato paste.  Can only marinade it for two hours at the most, or else the marinade ends up cooking it.  Then broil the swordfish until JUST DONE.  Fer crissake don't overcook the damn thing!! 

It's pretty good.  (If anyone wants to actually make this, let me know and I'll check the actual recipe. ;) )  

• 2 weeks later...

One of the things Texas can do well is fast food.  We don't have a corn side here either I don't think.  They had black eyed peas for a bit but not any more.

I avoided it due to the hype but I'll be damned if that chicken sandwich isn't pretty good.

8 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

It was better when I lived in Texas for some reason.

The one here doesn’t serve corn on the cob as a side. 

Still have never had it. I only know of two in Minneapolis. 

I don't eat fast food, or at least rarely do, but I would love a biscuit and some mashed potatoes from KFC. I don't even need the chicken, though I'd take it. 

Last night I added to my Covid-19 Kilos (Covid-19 lbs) with Lamb cutlets, slow braised in goat's milk with whole peppercorns, rosemary and thyme, saddled with roasted mid Autumn artichoke and winter carrots, with an onion & garlic gravy - or at least that was what I imagined I was eating inbetween spoonfuls of oatmeal made with hot water and a dash of salt, a generous knob of salted butter and a dollop of extra crunchy peanut butter for the hell of it. 

Yeah. We've been getting more takeaways than usual to support local businesses, since we are a bit better off without childcare and travel costs. 

But tonight it will be one of my homemade curries (only freeze sauce, meat and veggies will be fresh) from the freezer. Ingredients include 3 hottest chillies in the world, it's not for the faint hearted. 

• 3 weeks later...

Is protean a brand name or should that be protein?

Made spinach and feta filo parcels with simple side salad for tea tonight. Dessert was fruit salad of watermelon, blueberries, mango and pineapple.

Archived