What's for Dinner part 8.

We are deep in BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR right now (though not in the feet of snow further north -- we're lucky!) so roast pork loin, mashed potatoes and broccoli -- very simple, totally comfort food dinner that involves having the oven on for a significant time, while filling the kitchen with appetizing odors. 

I am doing a bit less simple with the roast though, which involves apples.

Spaghetti with Italian sausage and a cheap salad. @BigFatCoward The spaghetti totally had the regular noodles, and hence, my weigh in is that it is not the shittiest pasta shape. Those pastas ain’t gonna eat themselves, and we all need to keep eating all that we can. Human nature. If you believe some pasta shape should matter then you have gotten so comfortable in life. 

After yesterday's splendid Thanksgiving meal, we're more low key tonight: baked squash and minced lamb, with spinach and grilled red and yellow peppers, with rice.  No pies. ice cream, whipped cream etc.  But still, a nice wine.  Yes, we are so grateful, we give thanks for our great good fortune.

We had leftovers of Thanksgiving. Ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, turkey, stuffing, and green bean casserole. We also had pumpkin pie and pecan pie with some whipped topping. All of this shit was boxed/prepared. I cannot believe we never actually cook for Thanksgiving! 

Archived