Top Gun 2: Maverick

Jaime L

HYPPPPPPPPEEEEEEE!

14 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Shut up and take my money 

YES!

12 hours ago, polishgenius said:

For a Top Gun movie it seems to be lacking in fun.

8 hours ago, kairparavel said:

Does not take my breath away. 

Strangely enough, also yes!

The trailer is not special and it doesn't really look like fun, but damn it, I want to see it! 

5 hours ago, The Mother of The Others said:

I splashed down several times just now.   This is an event, right?  It feels eventful.    Sure, everyone's a senior citizen.   But that's Tom looking out for his peer group.  And younger Americans are too obese to fit in the cockpit, so the elderly are asked to stay on.  You can rationalize it.    Pops should see this.

What's weird is how normal Tom is, like on Conan tonight he wasn't culty at all.   Was it all carefully practiced normality, like another performance?    Eh, i guess if he happy in that life then I'll leave him to it and not bother him over the church;  the scientologists to worry about are the ones trapped in a weird manipulative hell they aren't happy about anymore.

You can't really care about one thing and not the other. That's basically saying the inner circle of a cult can live the life they choose, but the brainwashed minions should be helped. But it's only the abuse of the brainwashed minions that allow the inner circle to live the life they choose.

10 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

I looked up the script and found the line: "The academy rejected you because you're Duke Mitchell's kid." So not Annapolis.

Thus ends my deeper than expected dive into the backstory of Pete "Maverick" Mitchell.

There is a rich seam of lore to build upon.

17 hours ago, Fez said:

I'm pretty sure Maverick would've hit the mandatory retirement age for a captain a while ago; gotta keep getting promoted or leave.

But, nitpicking aside, I'm all in on this.

I’m dieing for this movie to come out for one reason only.  I cannot wait to watch the “Cinemasins” takedown of the original film.  

It’s... so... bad.

33 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I’m dieing for this movie to come out for one reason only.  I cannot wait to watch the “Cinemasins” takedown of the original film.  

It’s... so... bad. 

The original film is fucking amazeballs and I can't wait for cinemawins to celebrate it.

Trailer looks tired, as if it knows that it's a trailer for one of 10,000 annual reboots/remakes/prequels. Ed Harris looks like a freshly reanimated corpse.

And I'm guessing they named it Top Gun: Maverick in hopes that they can launch a new "Top Gun:franchise. So next film would be called, for example, Top Gun: Tigress, with the lead of that movie introduced in this one.

Also, they could bypass the age issue simply by movie being set sometime in the past.

20 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Crossing my fingers we get a volleyball scene with fat Iceman 

Hey pal, I'm getting pretty damn tired of your Kilmer bashing. Val Kilmer is a fucking treasure, he deserves our respect and admiration. We're talking about the man who embodied and fully realized Chris Knight, Madmartigan, Doc Holliday, Iceman, Gay Perry, the third or fourth best Batman. I think a little gratitude is in order.

2 hours ago, Myshkin said:

Hey pal, I'm getting pretty damn tired of your Kilmer bashing. Val Kilmer is a fucking treasure, he deserves our respect and admiration. We're talking about the man who embodied and fully realized Chris Knight, Madmartigan, Doc Holliday, Iceman, Gay Perry, the third or fourth best Batman. I think a little gratitude is in order.

Let's not forget Jim Morrison, John Holmes, Chris Shiherlis, Col. John Henry Patterson (who, as you recall, saved all of Africa from a pair of lions) and Simon Templar. I only tease those I respect most deeply. 

But if they outsource the volleyball scene to the 20 somethings, I'm walking out. 

4 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

It’s... so... bad.

If I wanted to see a takedown of a movie I'd go with someone who actually reviews movies, but if you enjoy Cinemasins "totally satire bro" take on things than you do you I guess.

2 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Let's not forget Jim Morrison, John Holmes, Chris Shiherlis, Col. John Henry Patterson (who, as you recall, saved all of Africa from a pair of lions) and Simon Templar. I only tease those I respect most deeply. 

But if they outsource the volleyball scene to the 20 somethings, I'm walking out. 

Oh my god, what if the call names of Goose's kid and his R.I.O. are Ghost and Darkness? How sweet would that be!

And yeah, if Kilmer's not in the volleyball scene I think we're all gonna walk out.

7 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Problem is, that volleyball scene is clearly a football being spun in the trailer...

Crazy talk. Even studio execs couldn't be that stupid. It'd be like rebooting Magnum P.I. without the mustache.

2 hours ago, Myshkin said:

I propose that we need a more reliable source than this Juxon 1497 person.

The avatar has boobs.  That’s all the evidence I need to trust everything I read online.

Archived