U.S. Politics: Trump of the Will

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKnX5wci404

This is basically the job of Faux News and the other Trumpologists. Trumpology, Nothing to see.

See it rhymes, thus it is true.

Offtopic remark, to revive a Bill Maher category. I don't know it for a fact, I just know it's true.

I don't know for a fact pedophiles are the reason Tucker Carlson is too scarred to wear his beloved bow-tie, I just know it's true dark things happened in Sean Hannity's office.

This heat is not what the city really can deal with -- like the rest of the country can't.

The City is at least working to keep deaths from happening. Con Ed has massive crews out there working and monitoring the situations. Cooling centers are open 24/7. Water is being handed out everywhere. 

But, what's weird, is this is at least appearing to be mostly the initiatives of the NY governor, as the mayor is out campaigning vainly for the Dem pres nom. What the fuck de Blasio???????? He wasn't here either with last week's blackout and it was all Cuomo. 

The fight over whether the state or the city should have jurisdiction over so much, including the MTA and public housing -- de Blasio is blowing it very badly, while he thinks he's sending the message to the Dems that he's more than ready for a job in politics that is less local than NYC or NY.  He's blowing that too, because, see above.  He's not dealing with crisis or emergency.  Lurch was a lot smarter than Bill de Blasio, even if they do resemble each other so much. (Did I get that pop culture reference right?  I never saw The Munsters, just images.)

6 hours ago, argonak said:

This is honestly whats really worrying me.  This behavior is the kind of thing that gets people killed.  People are radicalizing before our eyes.  The GOP has gone crazy obsessive about a small group of extremely junior congressmen, despite having almost complete control of the federal government, and a majority of state legislatures, in many cases with a MINORITY of the population.  And the left wing of the liberals is only a few side behind them in their level of rage.

If the moderate middle doesn't do something, I think we're heading for some serious civil strife within a decade.  Both parties seem to be captured by their 5% extreme.

America is one of the most heavily armed civilian populations on the planet.  I fear that if we fall, we're going to fall very, very, far.

How on earth can you equate the two? One is literally holding hate rallies. The other wants... to give people healthcare?

I'm surprised that Trump hasn't literally shot someone down in the street. The DOJ has given him the green light to do so, not only with this memo, but with the toady AJ. He should at least go a bit Epstein, given his current situation of being above the law. 

And of course, everyone else must follow the law to the letter, or be put into a box somewhere for life. This is all completely fair and very indicative of a just and democratic society.

Dems ask whether DOJ memo prevented prosecuting Trump for hush payments

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/19/doj-memo-trump-hush-payments-1422933

House Democrats want to know whether a decades-old Justice Department prohibition on indicting a sitting president played a role in federal prosecutors’ decision not to criminally charge President Donald Trump over hush money payments that he directed his fixer to pay to women.

The prohibition, laid out in a 2000 memo by the Justice Department Office of Legal Counsel, was also a key factor in former special counsel Robert Mueller’s decision to refrain from considering whether to charge Trump with obstruction of justice for his repeated attempts to thwart the investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election.

1 hour ago, TrueMetis said:

Remind me again, how many people have been killed by right wing groups at this point? Now, how many by left wing groups?

Yeah, totally the same.

well, maybe they haven’t killed anyone, but antifa have grievously injured some people like andy ngo, who they hit in the head with a frying pan so hard his head became pan shaped, and his eye balls popped out of his head and rolled around on the ground, all while little birds circled his head. where do you draw the line?

9 hours ago, a good and nice guy said:

well, maybe they haven’t killed anyone, but antifa have grievously injured some people like andy ngo, who they hit in the head with a frying pan so hard his head became pan shaped, and his eye balls popped out of his head and rolled around on the ground, all while little birds circled his head. where do you draw the line?

I love the right wing lie that left wing groups aren’t just throwing milkshakes at right wing politicians or figures, but that mixed into the milkshake is quick drying cement so that they can hurt or kill people. (See here for example.)

This ignores, of course, the fact that sugar prevents cement from setting, as a simple google search or having ever worked in construction can tell you. So unless it’s a milkshake with zero sugar, it’s not ever going to turn into cement.

Not that this has stopped the lie from being a right wing meme, or stopped it from being used to further radicalize the Right.

2 minutes ago, Paladin of Ice said:

I love the right wing lie that left wing groups aren’t just throwing milkshakes at right wing politicians or figures, but that mixed into the milkshake is quick drying cement so that they can hurt or kill people. (See here for example.)

This ignores, of course, the fact that sugar prevents cement from setting, as a simple google search or having ever worked in construction can tell you. So unless it’s a milkshake with zero sugar, it’s not ever going to turn into cement.

Not that this has stopped the lie from being a right wing meme, or stopped it from being used to further radicalize the Right.

Nor did it stop the Portland PD from repeating and amplifying the milkshake lie. It's almost like there's a natural alliance between them and racist authoritarians.

SInce people seem to want to bring up pedophilia in this thread again I thought I should point out the definition of the term in the DSM-5 used in the United States:

According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5), in order for pedophilic disorder to be diagnosed, the following criteria must be met:

• Recurrent, intense sexual fantasies, urges, or behaviors involving sexual activity with a prepubescent child (generally age 13 years or younger) for a period of at least 6 months.
  • These sexual urges have been acted on or have caused significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.
  • The person is at least 16 years old, and at least 5 years older than the child in the first category. However, this does not include an individual in late adolescence involved in an ongoing sexual relationship with a 12- or 13-year-old.

There are many states which define child sexual abuse using ages older than 14 as the cut-off. But the line for the definition of "pedophilia" is the 14th birthday.

14 hours ago, Paladin of Ice said:

I'd say the more important point is that people were drinking them, and there's no evidence of any concrete residue fucking anywhere.

Anyway, in "the US is a fascist state and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves" news Ted Cruz and Bill Cassidy have sponsored a resolution to designate anfita as a terrorist organization

But it's fine, after interchangeably using anfita, anfita affiliated, and left wing activist there's an "and also" about white supremacy.

14 hours ago, Inigima said:

How on earth can you equate the two? One is literally holding hate rallies. The other wants... to give people healthcare?

And pay for college, redistribute wealth, force the mega rich (corporations too since they are people) to pay their fair share vs. hate rallies. I mean this whole "both sides are so radical now!" argument is untenable. 

1 hour ago, Paladin of Ice said:

That's really fucked up and disgusting. A milkshake without sugar? Blegh. That's more unrealistic than mixing cement in.

51 minutes ago, Ormond said:

SInce people seem to want to bring up pedophilia in this thread again I thought I should point out the definition of the term in the DSM-5 used in the United States:

According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5), in order for pedophilic disorder to be diagnosed, the following criteria must be met:

• Recurrent, intense sexual fantasies, urges, or behaviors involving sexual activity with a prepubescent child (generally age 13 years or younger) for a period of at least 6 months.
  • These sexual urges have been acted on or have caused significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.
  • The person is at least 16 years old, and at least 5 years older than the child in the first category. However, this does not include an individual in late adolescence involved in an ongoing sexual relationship with a 12- or 13-year-old.

There are many states which define child sexual abuse using ages older than 14 as the cut-off. But the line for the definition of "pedophilia" is the 14th birthday.

IOW, Epstein totes qualifies as a pedophile.

8 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah I don't really care about the DSM-5, a pedophile is any old fuck that's with a kid under 18 in my book.

I'm not gonna lie, I found the inciting post a bit confusing... what is the point of specifying that if a 37 year old fucks a 14 year old they're not *technically a pedo? Or that they only fantasized about it for 4 months? 

I mean is there someone whose name needs clearing after this clarification of terminology? I'd hate to wrongly malign Judge Moore in light of these new facts.

So, I've been reading a lot lately about Trump's cognitive decline, which is nothing new as people have been talking about it at least since 2016. What I didn't know is that his father had Alzheimer's and sat on his company's board until the day he died and had lost significant cognitive abilities. Now his dad died in his 90s, but still, a genetic link definitely exists. Some of Trump's speech patterns and actions remind me so much of my dad who has Alzheimer's (well, I don't think my dad's become a racist or anything, just the mannerisms are similar). What's really odd is that when Trump was running for the Republican nomination, I remember my dad, a lifelong Democrat, decided he loved Trump. He started wearing that fucking red hat and doing the thumbs up and weird facial expressions that Trump always did. It is just so fuckin' scary to wonder if your racist president also has dementia. 

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I'm not gonna lie, I found the inciting post a bit confusing... what is the point of specifying that if a 37 year old fucks a 14 year old they're not *technically a pedo? Or that they only fantasized about it for 4 months? 

I mean is there someone whose name needs clearing after this clarification of terminology? I'd hate to wrongly malign Judge Moore in light of these new facts.

I am a psychology professor who teaches both Abnormal Psychology and Human Sexuality. I just would like people to use terminology correctly.

And yes, as disgusting as Roy Moore is, I do not think he is a pedophile. I think there is a type of man who wants his partner to be a generation younger than he is, but who is not attracted to teenagers no matter what his own age is.  I think that's Roy Moore's condition and I don't think that's the same thing as pedophilia. 

18 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

So, I've been reading a lot lately about Trump's cognitive decline, which is nothing new as people have been talking about it at least since 2016. What I didn't know is that his father had Alzheimer's and sat on his company's board until the day he died and had lost significant cognitive abilities. Now his dad died in his 90s, but still, a genetic link definitely exists. Some of Trump's speech patterns and actions remind me so much of my dad who has Alzheimer's (well, I don't think my dad's become a racist or anything, just the mannerisms are similar). What's really odd is that when Trump was running for the Republican nomination, I remember my dad, a lifelong Democrat, decided he loved Trump. He started wearing that fucking red hat and doing the thumbs up and weird facial expressions that Trump always did. It is just so fuckin' scary to wonder if your racist president also has dementia. 

So this is putting on a hat I'm unqualified to wear but it is my belief that Donald, like Hitler and many a demagogue before him, speaks straight to the base emotions. Hitler had a whole ideological construct to explain it, he called it 'emotionalism' as opposed to rationalism. Sort of a 'by the gut' thing.

I'd like to think that most of those other assholes knew what they were doing by subverting people's abilities to think critically. Donald is just an idiot and tripped into a previously untapped American current.

4 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

So this is putting on a hat I'm unqualified to wear but it is my belief that Donald, like Hitler and many a demagogue before him, speaks straight to the base emotions. Hitler had a whole ideological construct to explain it, he called it 'emotionalism' as opposed to rationalism. Sort of a 'by the gut' thing.

I'd like to think that most of those other assholes knew what they were doing by subverting people's abilities to think critically. Donald is just an idiot and tripped into a previously untapped American current.

Sure, he did, but his sentence structure, lack of knowledge and uncontrolled narcissism that leads to unparalleled repetition isn't on purpose. It's just Trump and it works because he repeats the same shit all the time and fosters hate against others.

Archived