U.S. Politics: Trump of the Will

20 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

For all you Harris fans - have you seen Trump’s tweet about her?

“Lame Stream media losing ratings by babbling about their Fairest Mueller. Instead they should wonder how Kamala “Blabbo” Harris is EXACTLY like that Loaf nose Dork-a-ninny Penguin from the unfunny Bloom County: Big mouth, half black, Time’s up, Send ‘em back!”

You cannot make this stuff up. If you tried you’d be laughed out of the room.

Can someone post it, I’m not on my computer. He shows a picture of Opus beside a picture of Harris and the Bloom County fans are begging the writer to sue the shit out of Trump.

eta: Nice one from auto correct, changing Kamala to Kampala.

Are you sure you didn’t see a fake account? I just scrolled through his timeline since the Mueller hearings and I didn’t see it.

Yeah I can't find anything on a Harris tweet.  Also, I don't even really understand that tweet, and it seems way too convoluted for Trump.  "Loaf nose Dork-a-ninny Penguin from the unfunny Bloom County"?  WTF?

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/07/mueller-testifies-russia-blackmail-leverage-trump.html

Further --

....It is also a situation most conservatives have deemed an acceptable price for tax cuts and business self-regulation. The Wall Street Journal editorial page called Schiff’s exchange “the lowest moment” of the hearings. “If you don’t have the facts,” it complained, “obfuscate with a general, content-less smear.”

But Mueller did have the facts. The proof was sitting there in the report all along, and yesterday — in blunt, simple, and chilling terms — he actually confirmed what this all meant.

If this isn't impeachment worthy, what the eff is?

Again, any study of the history of impeachment in the US shows us that only impeachment proceedings get the facts out to the whole nation.  It was equally true with Clinton, the most recent impeachment affair, as it was with the first impeachment, which was Johnson.  Johnson didn't go to trial, but he was impeached and he certainly didn't a nomination to continue. Clinton went to trial but wasn't convicted.  Nixon, of course, resigned so he was neither impeached nor tried -- but he was pardoned by his hench person, who succeeded him (though, of course not voted into the presidency) post the resignation.

34 minutes ago, Tears of Lys said:

Oh, dear.  Jeffrey Epstein was found unconscious in his cell.  Either a botched suicide attempt or an attack.  

Looks pretty much a half-hearted suicide attempt ... inmates do a much better job at offing those they decide should go than this -- especially when his legal team had made everyone hate them too, as they'd unfairly taken over 24/7 one of the few spaces available in the facility where attorneys can meet with their clients.

3 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Oh boy, the federal government has brought the death penalty back, after an almost 20 year moratorium! Not since 2003, when a guy named Barr was AG, has there been an execution. And there had only been three executions between 1963 and 2003, and 5 executions have been ordered. Got some catching up to do, eh?

And they totally won't fuck up the cocktail this time.

The perfect solution for enemies of the state.  People of color are enemies of the state and so are the press (exemption for faux et al.) and any critic.

As for the pedophile, his bubble world really did crash and burn in an instant -- or should I say popped? -- when the judge didn't do what judges for he and his ilks / buddies have always done, given him house arrest in his own mansion, etc.  Observers were deeply impressed by his face and demeanor, hearing the judge.  He went into shock. 

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Are you sure you didn’t see a fake account? I just scrolled through his timeline since the Mueller hearings and I didn’t see it.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

What I saw on Fb said the real Donald Trump, but hey, maybe it was faked. Maybe the Russians did it. 

One wonders if McConnell's tune would change if hacked election computers cost him his safe seat.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/2020-election-security-gop-senators-block-bills-hours-after-mueller-warns-of-russian-interference/ar-AAEQLBp?ocid=msnclassic

Republicans in the Senate have twice in 24 hours blocked the advancement of bills aimed at strengthening election security just hours after former special counsel Robert Mueller warned of the continued threat that foreign powers interfering in US elections. 

54 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

What I saw on Fb said the real Donald Trump, but hey, maybe it was faked. Maybe the Russians did it. 

Would it be fair to say that I’m advocating for cannibalism if I say you need to eat some crow?

3 hours ago, DMC said:

It's essentially deriving probabilities by inferring a more likely distribution based on updated information, if that makes any sense at all.

Plenty, thanks.

48 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

One wonders if McConnell's tune would change if hacked election computers cost him his safe seat.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/2020-election-security-gop-senators-block-bills-hours-after-mueller-warns-of-russian-interference/ar-AAEQLBp?ocid=msnclassic

Why would McConnel be hacked against? This hypothetical is so untethered from reality as to be unworthy of the storage space Ran will be paying from now onwards to preserve it.

3 hours ago, DMC said:

I'm fine with either.

I’d prefer he squeals on everyone first. And stays in the media and connected to Trump. 

3 hours ago, Zorral said:

Looks pretty much a half-hearted suicide attempt ... inmates do a much better job at offing those they decide should go than this -- especially when his legal team had made everyone hate them too, as they'd unfairly taken over 24/7 one of the few spaces available in the facility where attorneys can meet with their clients.

Internal justice protocols in prisons are fascinating to read about. And Epstein isn't going to last long. Child rapists are among the lowest of the low in jail, and the community will eventually see that he get's their interpretation of justice.

3 hours ago, DMC said:

I'm fine with either.

Except of course if he can dish the dirt on a bigger fish you'd want him to live long enough to dish that dirt in a way that provides irrefutable evidence for a court of law or an impeachment process. Of course if it was a hit, one can hope the hit can be traced back to certain people in which case that would be enough dirt to cause some people some serious problems. But I think a person like Epstain* probably has safes of evidence to be able to blackmail people with to get him out of sticky situations, so I think if you want other people to burn with him he's better off alive and communicative for now.

*deliberate

5 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Cultural preservation is a euphemism for preventing diversity, full stop. And I’m not sure what makes you think progressivism is unpopular. The West is consistently becoming more and more progressive, and those that oppose this are dying every day.

The flip side is also true, diversity can bee seen as a euphemism for cultural destruction. Multiculturalism is, in itself, an oxymoron - as cultures are always singular.

I think you will find it is the swing against progressivism that is growing more rapidly ATM, as progressive politics become more and more detached from what most people understand as normal social limits.

5 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Culture is not a solid. 

No, I accept that - but there is a difference between change that occurs naturally over time, due to trade and invention - let's say globalization - and change that is mandated through corporate or government interference - lets say globalism.

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Plenty, thanks.

Why would McConnel be hacked against? This hypothetical is so untethered from reality as to be unworthy of the storage space Ran will be paying from now onwards to preserve it.

You are automatically assuming said hackers would be either Russians, or acting in support of conservative causes.

There are other hacker groups out there, many with a left or anarchic slant.  Remember the ones who sometimes wear the funky masks?  They probably possess the requisite skill...

23 minutes ago, ummester said:

The flip side is also true, diversity can bee seen as a euphemism for cultural destruction. Multiculturalism is, in itself, an oxymoron - as cultures are always singular. 

You can go like 50km in England and find people who talk differently with drastically different cuisine and idioms. But yeah "singular".

PHOENIX (AP) — The head of the U.S. Border Patrol said Wednesday that she joined a Facebook group whose members mocked migrants and lawmakers so she could read what her personnel thought about her, and said she knew little about the group.

Chief Carla Provost said during a congressional subcommittee hearing in Washington that she logged on to Facebook very rarely and that she immediately reported her membership in the group to an oversight division of U.S. Customs and Border Protection after she realized she was a member.

Provost earlier this month had issued a statement condemning the posts without saying that she was a member.

Trump’s Border Patrol Chief Was In Secret, Racist Facebook Group
Carla Provost was among 70 current and former Border Patrol employees that were part of the group, which shared vile racist and sexist content.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trumps-border-patrol-chief-carla-provost-secret-racist-facebook-grou_n_5d39b7ebe4b004b6adbc1773

1 minute ago, TrueMetis said:

You can go like 50km in England and find people who talk differently with drastically different cuisine and idioms. But yeah "singular".

Variation within a given culture is a totally different thing to forced multiculturalism/diversity.

How do you define a culture? I personally think, at the least, a culture needs shared language and belief/values. Traditionally cultural beliefs/values are derived from theology - but they do not have to be, a culture can be defined as secular and English speaking, for instance.

Archived