Would You Rather #1: 3 awful scenarios from ADWD

honeyed chicken

Have we ever done Would You Rather? in games forum before? Hard to imagine we have not, but I'll proceed as if we haven't.

Would You Rather? is not a winner/loser game, or even cooperative - it's purely subjective and perverse :eek:. The "it" player thinks up three scenarios and presents them to the other players, which in this case is anyone who wants can jump in at any time. The player who chooses to participate then selects the least odious scenario in her opinion. She can either state her reasoning or not, then she comes up with three scenarios of her own. I'm suggesting we lift these scenarios from the last ASOIAF book we've seen, A Dance With Dragons - which was full of nastiness. I'll start and you'll see a common thread here:

1) Would you rather be Jaime Lannister being lead to meet Stoneheart?

2) Be Brienne fighting Biter after having killed Rorge?

3) Be Brienne fighting the bear with a tourney sword?

Have fun! ;)

Eek. Let me see here. 

I definitely don't want to be Brienne fighting biter, human bites are just nasty, terrible things. 

I don't think I would want to be Brienne fighting the bear with a tourney sword, or any sword for that matter, although she does come out of it better than the fight with biter.

I'm going to go with Jaime being led to Lady Stoneheart because he still has some chance to get out of it. I'll try to think of 3 & post in a bit. 

I definitely do not want to share Quentyn's fate. Being roasted strikes me as an awful way to go. Both of the others involve being naked - or at least naked where it counts. One way you get to live afterward . . . but what kind of life is it? Hmmm, I'm tempted to say the crossbow bolt. Over quickly, not a lot of pain. The braver way is the walk of shame, but it's going require a lot of therapy to put the mental and emotional pieces together afterward. 

My three:

1) Would you rather be Theon Greyjoy in the hands of Ramsay Bolton?

2) A captive of the Mountain being questioned by the Tickler?

3) Be a Frey captured by Lady Stoneheart and her people?

Ahh! Nasty! 

Ok so I know for sure I don't want to be Theon with Ramsay - even though he does live. I just don't think I could take that kind of torture. 

I'm going to say no to the Tickler also. It's almost worse I think. First you get tortured, then you die. 

I guess that leaves me in the hands of Lady Stoneheart as a Frey. Not a great place to be but maybe I could at least hope for a quick death? 

Here are 3, WYR

1. Be Catelyn watching Robb be slaughtered.

2. Be Arya watching Ned get beheaded.

3. Be Dany when they tell her Rhaego died & show her how Drogo "lives" 

ETA: I just realized these are supposed to be from aDwD :( sorry. I will try to think of different ones tomorrow 

22 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Ahh! Nasty! 

Ok so I know for sure I don't want to be Theon with Ramsay - even though he does live. I just don't think I could take that kind of torture. 

I'm going to say no to the Tickler also. It's almost worse I think. First you get tortured, then you die. 

I guess that leaves me in the hands of Lady Stoneheart as a Frey. Not a great place to be but maybe I could at least hope for a quick death? 

Here are 3, WYR

1. Be Catelyn watching Robb be slaughtered.

2. Be Arya watching Ned get beheaded.

3. Be Dany when they tell her Rhaego died & show her how Drogo "lives" 

ETA: I just realized these are supposed to be from aDwD :( sorry. I will try to think of different ones tomorrow 

No sweat, it might get hard soon to stick to ADWD - and the Tickler thing really came from one of the earlier books though maybe he dies in ADWD?

These are very tough. My first instinct was to go with Dany, because dragons and other things, but then it hit me that I could never understand what it's like to lose a child. I only know that from what I've heard from friends who have that is wracking. Then add to that the loss of Drogo . . .And I think for a child, even one as "tough" as Arya to lose a parent like that? That leaves me with Catelyn - and as awful as that was for her, she didn't live long after.

I don't have three right now, but will in the next day or so.

Archived