Any UK (Voyager) first edition first printings of A Game of Thrones for sale?

Daendrew

15 hours ago, becca69 said:

Thanks. I saw that one. I messaged them, they won’t go down. Waiting for a much richer fan than me to buy them. I bought all the reasonably priced ones.

The UK first edition had a very small print run of 1500, so finding them much cheaper won't be easy - especially in good condition. It took me a long time to find a nice one and I think I paid $700 but that was a 5 years ago.

12 minutes ago, becca69 said:

The UK first edition had a very small print run of 1500, so finding them much cheaper won't be easy - especially in good condition. It took me a long time to find a nice one and I think I paid $700 but that was a 5 years ago.

I have a stash of 4 of them. The crown jewels to my collection.

Asking GRRM to sign them for me. Writing him a letter today.

I just bought all four for much more reasonable prices than 1k each. You can buy a signed one for 900 on ebay. Granted there is only one of them at that price.

Next I will write to Jim Burns to ask him to sign them for me too.

@becca69 Is there an online resource where you can see the number of first edition HC printed by book?

4 hours ago, becca69 said:

Adam Whitehead said:

"HarperCollins are George's UK publishers. They planned 5,000 copies across two print runs [of UK AGOT], but they only ended up printing 3,000 in the first run, as the book didn't sell enough to justify the second. They instead released the book much earlier in paperback, which had a much bigger, more beneficial impact on sales."

How can I find out the truth, if its 3k or 1500 copies printed?

I've just received this reply from Harper Collins:

"We have been advised by our Editorial department that they don't think we have any proof beyond their memory any more - but they think the number was closer to 2500 in the first printing."

4 hours ago, becca69 said:

I've just received this reply from Harper Collins:

"We have been advised by our Editorial department that they don't think we have any proof beyond their memory any more - but they think the number was closer to 2500 in the first printing."

Thanks for looking into it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived