What are the most rare and valuable ASOIAF books?

Daendrew

What are the rarest and most valuable ASOIAF first edition first printing books around?

From my research the following books are rarest and most valuable:

1) The uncorrected proof reviewers copy of AGOT from the UK. Only 50 were printed.

2) Meisha Merlin/Subterranean (Sub took over after Meisha shut down) Game of Thrones, only a few hundred of them were printed and it is by far the most expensive ASOIAF book around, with AGOT going for around $4,000. On eBay the five book set is asking $8k.

2) Voyager's (UK) Game of Thrones

3) Voyager's (UK) Clash of Kings (AGOT did not sell as well as they expected and had a shorter print run I have read online)

4) Bantam (US) AGOT silver foil first edition. 

According to Adam Whitehead:
"HarperCollins are George's UK publishers. They planned 5,000 copies across two print runs [of UK AGOT], but they only ended up printing 3,000 in the first run, as the book didn't sell enough to justify the second. They instead released the book much earlier in paperback, which had a much bigger, more beneficial impact on sales.

In the US the famous "silver foil cover" edition had a lot more copies published in hardcover, I think maybe between 10,000 and 15,000? It's much more common than the UK first edition (although they still go for $500 or so, but the UK first edition goes for around twice that)."

Adam Whitehead added this:

I don't have the figures, but the A Game of Thrones UK sample booklet from Voyager may also be of some value, as it was published 4-5 months ahead of AGoT and was pushed by Voyager to drum up interest for the novel.

I don't know the circulation, but the July 1996 issue of Asimov's featuring the Hugo Award-winning novella Blood of the Dragon (the entire Dany story arc from AGoT assembled into one story) is also of some value, with Amazon listing it at $350.

It is no longer $350 because I bought it haha

Archived