MCUniverse: The Town Hall Meeting of the Post-Blippers *mild spoilers*

Jeor

I think of all the shows I'm most excited about WandaVision. That is gonna be weird. and it's weird that they have Monica Rambeau and Jane Foster's intern appearing in it. Oh and the FBI agent from Ant-Man and the Wasp. 

18 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I think of all the shows I'm most excited about WandaVision. That is gonna be weird. and it's weird that they have Monica Rambeau and Jane Foster's intern appearing in it. Oh and the FBI agent from Ant-Man and the Wasp. 

That show looks absolutely BONKERS, and I can't wait.

On 8/25/2019 at 4:34 AM, DMC said:

I like how both Kit and Madden are eternals.  Maybe when they reunite they can make-out.

I did see speculation that Madden's character is going to be one of/the touted gay character so who knows? I loved Gemma Chan as Minn-Erva so happy with her getting to play 2 different MCU characters.

I'm intrigued by the Eternals film. They don't have a popular fanbase and aren't as well known in the Marvel canon. Which explains the hiring of some really big names (Salma Hayek, Angelina Jolie, Kit Harington) to ensure that the film has enough publicity and popular appeal to get bums on seats.

It's the opposite strategy to what they did with GotG, another lesser-known franchise, which wasn't filled out with stars and was more of a sleeper hit (Chris Pratt was relatively unknown at the time in film, and was basically just known as the Parks and Recreation guy).

Also interested to see how they bulk up the Celestials mythology with the Eternals movie. They've already sort of introduced the Celestials in the MCU through Ego and the Collector's history of the Infinity Stones.

Who are the main characters in the eternals? 

Because Kit with a black armor and a magical sword is kind of what we expected in GOT... If he is one of the major characters and plays a crucial role in defeating the villain this is starting to look like a a huge source of memes against GoT

I think black Knight might be a character tasked with finding/infiltrating the eternals? I only remember him as a member of heroes for hire in the late 90s but i think he dated an eternal as an avenger. I think he has dpun off potential of his own. A bit like they did with black widow and iron man 2

5 minutes ago, red snow said:

I think black Knight might be a character tasked with finding/infiltrating the eternals? I only remember him as a member of heroes for hire in the late 90s but i think he dated an eternal as an avenger. I think he has dpun off potential of his own. A bit like they did with black widow and iron man 2

Acording to the wiki he isn t born with his powers so he might have an origin story in the movie? 

3 hours ago, divica said:

Who are the main characters in the eternals? 

Because Kit with a black armor and a magical sword is kind of what we expected in GOT... If he is one of the major characters and plays a crucial role in defeating the villain this is starting to look like a a huge source of memes against GoT

Sersi is the most well-known, as she was the only Eternal to be an Avenger. She's also historically the wildcard, as she prefers to interact with humans throughout history instead of be a recluse.

In some of the news blurbs I've read, Gemma Chan is touted as having the lead role, so something tells me that both her and Kit will be the main characters in the film, given the romance between Sersi and Dane in the comics.

I was hoping this movie would be a period piece. The Eternals are thousands of years old and were mistaken for Greek gods during the time. I'd love to see the hyper cosmic designs of Kirby juxtaposed with that setting.

Hmmm, ominous words from Feige re Spider Man

"It was never meant to last forever. We knew there was a finite amount of time that we'd be able to do this, and we told the story we wanted to tell, and I'll always be thankful for that."

I wonder if Disney made Sony an offer they knew would be refused so as to force a separation? Sony is taking the Spider-verse in directions that perhaps Disney doesn't want to go with the MCU, including things like bringing in Morbius when Disney has announced their plans to re-boot Blade. And Disney pretty clearly never wanted to have a bar of Venom, while Sony was obviously keen to connect Tom Holland's Spidey with Venom.

I think Sony was right to tell Disney to take that offer and shove it, and I think Sony could be better off with the new found freedom that not being tied to and constrained by the MCU gives them. They just need to get the right writers and directors to turn out more good stuff. Honestly I would love to see Spidey movies diverge from the MCU formula so that they don't just look and feel like an MCU movies but with Sony's name on them. I thought Venom was a decent divergence. I think Disney is going to make Blade PG to keep with the MCU formula, which means Morbius should target an R-rating. Moderate budgets and box office expectations to ensure reasonable profits, but earn critical praise.

55 minutes ago, karaddin said:

Is Holland contractually bound to the MCU or Spiderman?

Sony/Spider-man. But depending on what reports you believe his deal is either over or is for one more film. 

I'm kind of hoping that even if we don't get any stand-alone MCU Spidey movies anymore, that Sony will still potentially rent him out to MCU for the next ensemble/Avengers film. Creatively there might be conflicts but financially you think it would be a pretty simple fee arrangement for those ones, rather than fighting over solo movie stuff.

The Feige quote is clearly negotiating hard ball talk as I don't see how they'd even bother asking for a deal that suited them better if they didn't have other stories to tell. It's more a case of they waited until Phase 3 was complete and then renegotiated so that it's a relatively clean break. I still don't think either party would have ended Far From Home the way they did if they weren't thinking they'd be working together in the future.

4 hours ago, RumHam said:

Sony/Spider-man. But depending on what reports you believe his deal is either over or is for one more film. 

I think he was signed up for 5 films. So that's Civil War, Homecoming, Infinity War, Endgame and Far from home. But maybe Avengers were counted as one film due to them being filmed in one lump? 

Disney could offer a massive FU by recasting Holland as another character down the road. Stick a cyclops visor on him and it'd be hard to tell. Or paint him orange and make him Warlock.

Although career wise I think he'd be best signing up to do more spidey films - at least finish the trilogy. I think a lot of it will now depend on whether they have the same director for spidey 3 as I could see Holland walking if he had to risk doing a shit spider film without the MCU and director.

20 hours ago, Bastard of Boston said:

Sersi is the most well-known, as she was the only Eternal to be an Avenger. She's also historically the wildcard, as she prefers to interact with humans throughout history instead of be a recluse.

In some of the news blurbs I've read, Gemma Chan is touted as having the lead role, so something tells me that both her and Kit will be the main characters in the film, given the romance between Sersi and Dane in the comics.

I was hoping this movie would be a period piece. The Eternals are thousands of years old and were mistaken for Greek gods during the time. I'd love to see the hyper cosmic designs of Kirby juxtaposed with that setting.

I just think it is weird for a movie called eternals to have a non eternal in the main role... 

And given the amount of eternals they have cast it should be pretty weird. The only way I see it is if we follow Kit finding out about the eternals and their society... 

Archived