MCUniverse: The Town Hall Meeting of the Post-Blippers *mild spoilers*

Jeor

Not strictly MCU but the Hulu Ghost-Rider show using the actor who played the character on Agents of Shield playing a different version of the character has been cancelled before even shooting a pilot. 

There was a rumor a couple days ago that Marvel Studios wanted to use a Ghost Rider in the MCU proper, so this could be related or just a coincidence. 

24 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Not strictly MCU but the Hulu Ghost-Rider show using the actor who played the character on Agents of Shield playing a different version of the character has been cancelled before even shooting a pilot. 

There was a rumor a couple days ago that Marvel Studios wanted to use a Ghost Rider in the MCU proper, so this could be related or just a coincidence. 

If they are making blade and moon Knight under the direction of feige then i could see them going for a "dark/mystic" range of films/shows. 

TBH after shield wraps up i could expect them closing shop on the jeph Loeb tv shows unless cloak and dagger/runaways remains a success.

8 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Perhaps only tangentially related to the MCU... whatever happened to New Mutants movie?  Did they shelve it entirely?

It has a release date in 2020, at the moment. They announced it not too long ago. Apparently they did test screenings and actually got a positive response. Don't know if they are still going to do any reshoots though.

Or maybe Disney deliberately cut Spiderman loose and let their golden boy go at a billion dollar franchise they would get 100% of the profits from.

Why share 5-50% of the profits when you can get it all?

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Should have taken the Fiege approach to the new movies as soon as it started.  The haphazard make it up as we go method has ruined a great opportunity.

To be fair, Kathleen Kennedy has had the top producer credit on all of the new Star Wars movies, so she technically should have been overseeing a consistent product. It's possible the producer billing for her was an empty title given to her because of her Lucasfilm roots when Disney bought it, but I doubt it.

There's no doubt that Star Wars has lost a step, though, so its unsurprising that Disney are turning their Marvel golden boy in that direction.

I just wonder whether it means Feige is going to be less involved with Marvel. It would be disappointing, but not surprising I guess, given that he's been doing it for over 10 years now.

34 minutes ago, Knight of Ashes said:

I don’t know if you’re just spinning more Miles love for no reason... but that article has nothing to do with Miles.

I’m happy to know that the Spidey trilogy can be completed though.

4 hours ago, Rhom said:

I don’t know if you’re just spinning more Miles love for no reason... but that article has nothing to do with Miles.

I’m happy to know that the Spidey trilogy can be completed though.

Maybe a dig at how the current movies feel a bit like miles morales in terms of supporting cast? That or a typo. Ah, just saw that's what was meant.

12 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Good news, but I wish the deal was for more than just one non-spidey movie. Presumably Avengers's 5 / Young Avengers / Avengers Vs. X-Men or whatever they end up doing.

I'll take it. Hopefully it's enough to round out the trilogy in a way that means further films don't have glaring holes in terms of no mcu connections. The extra MCU film also allows them to set it up so there's natural closure. Eg he could retire from avengers level crime fighting. That way he can always do street level crime in further sony films.

Awesome news obviously, I’m a little concerned at the universe-hopping ... I really hope we don’t end up with a situation where Holland appears in a Venom movie, and Song just want people to assume Venom is in the MCU. I wonder if that was part of the negotiating? Sony wanted it but Marvel didn’t want the messy confusion of ‘what’s in the MCU’?

I could be OK with a parallel universe thing, kinda like Supergirl is in the Arrow-multi-verse, but not the Arrow-universe.

Well I thought I was happy to have Feige back on board for Spider-Man, but then I decided to watch Far From Hope and now I’m not sure it’s such a good thing. 

I think Tom Holland is a great Peter Parker and some of the directions they’ve gone with the character have been a breath of fresh air. Bringing him back to school really works. So I’ll give them that.

But Far from Home would have been a much better movie with no Marvel involvement I think. They spent so much time and effort discussing Tony Stark, and Nick Fury and the blip and made so many narrative choices to make those elements relevant that it never really felt that much like a Spider-Man movie.

I mean it had a lot of other problems as well. I never really bought the Mysterio angle and the plotting is almost an irrelevance in this movie, but then maybe with no Marvel they could have gone down an entirely different path, kept the scale smaller and more local and have less over the top CGI fights.

Just wishful thinking I guess, but so far this Sony Marvel partnership has produced two very average movies , and some great Avengers cameos. The potential hasn’t quite been fulfilled 

On 9/28/2019 at 6:51 PM, Bastard of Boston said:

I interpreted the part in the report about Sony's Spideyverse being "loosely connected" to the MCU to be somewhat like an AoS situation. Sony will have the power to reference the MCU, but the MCU will no doubt pretend like the Sony movies don't exist, but for Spidey.

I think the main thing is them wanting to gave Holland appear in venom and morbious films etc more than being able to reference MCU? 

4 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Well I thought I was happy to have Feige back on board for Spider-Man, but then I decided to watch Far From Hope and now I’m not sure it’s such a good thing. 

I think Tom Holland is a great Peter Parker and some of the directions they’ve gone with the character have been a breath of fresh air. Bringing him back to school really works. So I’ll give them that.

But Far from Home would have been a much better movie with no Marvel involvement I think. They spent so much time and effort discussing Tony Stark, and Nick Fury and the blip and made so many narrative choices to make those elements relevant that it never really felt that much like a Spider-Man movie.

I mean it had a lot of other problems as well. I never really bought the Mysterio angle and the plotting is almost an irrelevance in this movie, but then maybe with no Marvel they could have gone down an entirely different path, kept the scale smaller and more local and have less over the top CGI fights.

Just wishful thinking I guess, but so far this Sony Marvel partnership has produced two very average movies , and some great Avengers cameos. The potential hasn’t quite been fulfilled 

I rewatched it the other day and it may be that it lacked the impact of the big screen but it did feel weaker the second time. The humour still works but the superhero aspect was weaker. Then again i enjoyed it the first time around with the exception of the blip parts at the start so i can't be too hard on it as long as i enjoy it once.

Archived