MCUniverse: The Town Hall Meeting of the Post-Blippers *mild spoilers*

Jeor

On 11/9/2019 at 12:48 AM, Darth Richard II said:

So, after all the complaining about the films ignoring the tv shows, we're mad the films are not ignoring the tv shows?

In my defence i was always fairly clear that i was happy netflix shows stood separate from the films so at least i can stay consistent ;) 

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

In my defence i was always fairly clear that i was happy netflix shows stood separate from the films so at least i can stay consistent ;) 

And I'll be happy that the plots are integrated so I'm consistent too :p

21 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Uh, no. Pretty sure Netflix has those forever.

I didn't think the rights were indefinite, but at least another year. I had a quick look and couldn't confirm how long, but the characters are with Netflix for 2 years after cancellation so I assume the rights to the shows are at least that long.

31 minutes ago, karaddin said:

I didn't think the rights were indefinite, but at least another year. I had a quick look and couldn't confirm how long, but the characters are with Netflix for 2 years after cancellation so I assume the rights to the shows are at least that long.

Yeah the characters revert in 2 years I think, but the rights to show I think stay with Netflix, since Netflix produced them. Could be wrong though these streaming rights are bananas.

Disney has set release dates for five more Marvel movies in 2022-2023. So while we only get Black Widow and The Eternals next year it's gonna be four movies a year from then until the franchise becomes unprofitable. A couple of these unannounced films are probably X-Men and Fantastic Four. One is probably some from of Avengers crossover. One has to be GotG 3 and one Captain Marvel 2. 

Grain of salt, but I read a rumor a while back that Fantastic Four may be the "one other marvel movie" that spider-man appears in under the recent Sony deal. The more I think about it the more it makes sense. Their movies have no done well and having Spidey introduce them so to speak could only help. 

Edit: Oh I forgot Ant-Man 3! that's definitely one of those if Micheal Douglas said they start filming next year. So maybe X-Men or the Fantastic Four? 

8 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Way too soon.

Edit: Heck, I'd say those are too soon even for Captain Marvel 2. The ones I;ve seen floated around for those slots are Gotg 3, Black Panther 2, Ant Man 3, Blade, FF, maybe Deadpool 3.

That last slot will be four and a half years after the deal was made. How long do you expect them to wait? I did forget about Blade though. Do we know for sure that's a movie and not a series? 

Plus it seems like they have an opportunity to bring mutants into the mix with Wandavision / Doctor Strange 2. If she can wipe them out of existence in the comics it makes sense that she could somehow create them in the movies. 

Idea for a more plausible fantastic four that audiences like me would believe more and maybe buy into the characters more instead of dismissing Gumby Man and Company with a chuckle:

If Doctor Strange can be involved in the Fantastic Four origins, that would help me a lot to accept the F4 as something that could ever ever happen.  Because Science says nobody would survive that transformation.   For example, when Reed finds a means to travel to another dimension Strange pops in to say, "I wouldn't do that if I were you.  No, really.  DON'T."    But they ignore the warning and go anyway, and get horribly corrupted by an alien substance in a way no mortal would ever survive.... unless they had some extra help like a supernatural surgeon watching over them to ensure no alien invasion leaks into Earth from that dimension. 

So Strange is there to help them survive the transition into the F4.   Reed's "symptom" upon his return is he's painfully imploding from contact with the molecularly heavy alien goo, which is why Strange gives him the ability to expand his body, to resize himself to counteract the inward crushing his bones are experiencing.   But while the substance is still active like hot lava that hasn't cooled yet, Reed has to resize himself constantly and it looks like he might not survive the process.  So, believing he needs to try something else on his next patient, Strange creates the orange rock guy as an attempt to see what happens if he makes a body more solid instead of more fluid like he tried with Reed.  Strange could have done a better job for Rock Guy if he'd had the time, but he had to shift his attention to Invis Girl. 

She gets her power set as a result of Strange wanting her to be able to regulate her own recovery through force field exertion, because Strange sees Johnny begin to incinerate and melt away out of the corner of his eye, and Strange needs to focus on saving Torch, so he rushes his work on Invisible Girl , leaving her more empty inside on a molecular level to help reduce the fire within her (so she's more airy & invisible), and the Dr. makes her into her own nurse capable of regulating her recovery without Strange's further assistance.  Johnny is found already fully involved in an odd fire burning through his body.  Strange has trouble extricating Johnny from the fire, as in it's too late to save him conventionally.  So Strange goes with the flow like any super surgeon and he adapts his strategy and magically joins Johnny to Fire so he can survive instead of melting away.   Bam.

Then, just have the special effects department help you out a little bit by making Rock Guy less hokey looking so it's not a Kiddie Hour looking doofus, give Johnny a more demonic flame shroud that's awe inspiring and give him less cringy lines and a less stupid storyline.  Have him quietly worry that Fire is burning his soul away over time, changing him into something less human and more pyromaniac for satan.  And for the love of god give Reed's special effects a makeover so he doesn't have normal skin doing bendy things human skin could never do because that kicks viewers out of the illusion faster than anything.   Give him an unnatural sheen even when he's not stretching so audiences know he's made of alien substance now, and when he does stretch don't portray him as gumby.  Make it more eerie than laughable.  Like, what if he was just suddenly both here and there instead of expanding like Inspector Gadget Arms.  And when you tried to take a closer look at his stretched limbs, what if you saw into a vortex of some kind, something that unsettled the mind instead of causing giggles.   I have no improvement notes for Invisible Girl because her powers are more acceptable to begin with and she's hot on top of that, so no complaints there.

Now how do I get this dropped into Feige's mailbox so we can save this movie before it ever needs reshoots!

21 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Spiderman 3 also might be in there, plus Dark Phoenix was only last summer, I think the X-Men are taking a loooong hiatus. This is all speculation of course.

Spiderman 3's release date was already set by Sony as July 16th 2021. You may be right, but bet they were thinking about the X-Men long before the deal was finalized. It's Wolverine mostly that needs a rest. They actually can do an X-Men movie or two without him. Plus Jackman wasn't even in the last movie. 

4 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Yeah...and the last movie bombed really bad.

Right, but that was because by all accounts it was a terrible movie that was rendered irrelevant by the merger before it even released. Not because Wolverine wasn't in it. 

The Amazing Spider Man 2 came out in 2014. Holland debuted in the role two years later in Civil War. So I don't think they're gonna let X-Men rest nearly as long as you seem to think. 

Archived